It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62% Now See China As Threat to America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

www.rasmussenreports.com

Americans believe more strongly than ever that China is a long-term threat to the United States, and they overwhelmingly feel that threat is economic rather than military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
www.realclearworld.com

(Warning!!! - Topic is Exclusively about China!)

edit on 10/3/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Personally, I think economic upticks lead to a military buildup. 62% of the American voters think China is a long-term economic threat, which means that our government may be failing domestically and internationally. If the President does not consider withdrawing from the WTO, I think China will become a serious military threat within the 'near' future.

If you are interested in similar articles, the links attached to this post were from 2010. Rasmussen Reports' article is dated Monday, October 03, 2011. Looks like our relationship with China is about to get a extremely stressed.

Very interesting and very alarming development. China is the new Russia?

How much longer do people think until China and US will be at war?

www.rasmussenreports.com

(Warning!!! - Topic is Exclusively about China!)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Message me when this reaches 100% ... Will ya?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Message me when this reaches 100% ... Will ya?

I would not cough at the 62% 'uptick' in this situation.

Once people realize China is establishing space, I personally think it will hit 100% very-very quickly.

Link: China's Next Step in Space: Critical Docking Demo in November

The successful launch of China's first space laboratory module this week sets the stage for the future of the country's ambitious space program. But now that the spacecraft is in orbit, a major docking test looms ahead for China.

While we are sitting on our thumbs, China is making a big push for space dominance. Twenty bucks says China will become a military threat sooner than later.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
People are so ignorant of who the real enemy is. This is all planned though, red scare and all.

The US and China will never be at war, the relationship is symbiotic.

China can't afford to lose the US as an importer and the US can't lose China as an exporter.

What's China gonna do, come over here and bomb 300 Wal-Marts?

I think not.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

I don't see America and China going to war anytime soon. I think going to war with Iran would be before, and much more realistic than going to war with China. There could be a possibility of China intervening causing America to go to war with China. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
never because, we need china and they need us. Unless we reform our currency somehow and "deflate" the current system. Then and only then can factories come back.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The US Military has been sounding the warning about china for well over a decade now...

U.S. naval planners are scrambling to deal with what analysts say is a game-changing weapon being developed by China — an unprecedented carrier-killing missile called the Dong Feng 21D that could be launched from land with enough accuracy to penetrate the defenses of even the most advanced moving aircraft carrier at a distance of more than 1,500 kilometers (900 miles).

there have been dozens and dozens of papers written on what to expect... and when....
Like this one

Of course as a retired jarhead I can tell ya I wouldn't want to go up against the worlds largest standing army...
god help us all if it ever comes down to that

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

How much longer do people think until China and US will be at war?

There will be no war with China. China will eventually have a space based war capability, targeting US cities and the US will surrender [secretly] to China and we will continue to buy their products and do business with them.
China will be the country that eventually pulls the world out of the crappy economy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
China has been (covertly) our greatest single threat to U.S. national security for a very long time now.

It's a little too late to wake up to that now. Also, there isn't really a damned thing the USA can do about it now.

We should just learn to bow respectfully to a far superior adversary.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
People are so ignorant of who the real enemy is. This is all planned though, red scare and all.

Rasmussen Reports ask actual voters, so this information comes from the public.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The US and China will never be at war, the relationship is symbiotic.

Loosely symbolic. United States and Russia were interconnected during the cold war.

Different country, but same tune.

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
We should just learn to bow respectfully to a far superior adversary.

Complacency? Or, have people given up> Or, is the threat not big enough?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I didn't say Symbolic, I said symbiotic..

And it doesn't matter who they are polling, these people are being FED propaganda about China, so they are afraid of them. Meanwhile the real enemy is sitting in your parliaments and congress passing laws.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Russian Bear is coming...The Russian Bear is coming ... The Russ.....
......The Red Dragon is coming....The Red Dragon is coming!!!!

Maybe they will start showing these little clips in school to frighten all the school kids again.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

www.rasmussenreports.com

Americans believe more strongly than ever that China is a long-term threat to the United States, and they overwhelmingly feel that threat is economic rather than military.

Related News Links:
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
www.realclearworld.com

The day US will not have enemies,will be the day when US will dies. Until than,US will always find threats for themselvs.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Complacency? Or, have people given up> Or, is the threat not big enough?

The USA has been defeated, the enemy never fired a single weapon themselves, it is all over but the awakening and the crying.

That shouldn't take too much longer.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Link: China’s hawks demand cold war on the US
(February 7, 2010)

MORE than half of Chinese people questioned in a poll believe China and America are heading for a new “cold war”.

The finding came after battles over Taiwan, Tibet, trade, climate change, internet freedom and human rights which have poisoned relations in the three months since President Barack Obama made a fruitless visit to Beijing...

...Now almost 55% of those questioned for Global Times, a state-run newspaper, agree that “a cold war will break out between the US and China”.

I don't know. Sure, the most immediate threat is our domestic governments, but I think the Rasmussen Reports are a good indicator of things to come. China is becoming more and more like Russia every day. Its only a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
They don't have to be a superior military might to defeat us. Everything we buy comes from China and, personally, I think they're poisoning by us by degrees. Remember a few years ago the toxic flip-flops that contained some chemical causing burns to people's feet? There are plenty of stories like that around if you google the info.

Just last week I bought a wood-burning set for my son thinking he might enjoy one as much as I enjoyed mine as a kid. (Don't bother getting one...they're now so "safe" that they're essentially useless). Anyway, I noticed some writing on the handle of the woodburner. It said: The chemicals contained in this have been found to cause birth defects and other birth anomalies. Please wash your hands thoroughly after handling."

!!!!!!!! Great thing for a child to handle, eh?

No EPA to mandate safe practices, no regulatory agencies to insist they not put teratogens/mutagens in all their products so we get all their hazardous materials and pay for the privilege of poisoning ourselves. Death by a thousand toxins.

Oh they're a threat all right.
edit on 3-10-2011 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRAVO949

Israel is the greatest threat to the USA

Big smoke screen with regard to China.

When it comes to theft of US military secrets the award goes to the Zionist bastards.

Remember, millions of Americans have died because of Zionism.

Actually the biggest threat to the United States is itself. We can not even get our own affairs in order and yet we presume to tell others around the world how they should be governing themselves. We are not the Great Satan, or the boogeyman. We are nothing more than a bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If U.S. wealth, power and status are transferred to the rest of the world, and China claims the role as the global super-power that whole "symbiotic" relationship will have little meaning... We'll just be another consumer of Chinese goods and services.

They don't want the USA completely destroyed, but enough to facilitate their own rise where the US falls.

If our "symbiotic" relationship were as sound as you claim, then why are we borrowing money from them, why have so many U.S. manufactures and businesses relocated there and elsewhere.... Why have we abandoned the space program, why are they excelling where we are failing??

Keep trying to convince yourselves that they are not a threat, or an enemy... But steady yourselves, eventually you're going to have a very rude awakening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join