It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antrax Attack Anniversery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Last night CNN had a report covering the anthrax attacks of 2001. If this was all someone ever heard about this event, there would be little doubt of who was to blame for them.

I would like to offer a view from a different prespective and hopefully allow you to get a better idea of what was involved and how it this event was used to serve other purposes.

www.youtube.com...

That the government and the media are largely silent on this anniversary is hardly surprising. Rather than reinforcing the war on terror narrative, the anthrax investigation leads directly back to the heart of the US military-industrial complex, and a secretive biowarfare program that most Americans never knew existed.

It was in the midst of the anthrax attacks, when Washington was paralyzed in responding to the threat of these deadly, weaponized spores, that the Patriot Act was passed, the single greatest evisceration of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights that has ever been passed at one time. Increasingly, we live in a police state whose noose is tightening around our necks, and all based on the charade of a mythical war on terror which has been constructed out of obfuscations, half-truths and outright lies.

In the beginning the government expressed a great deal of interests in Dr. Hatfill, but always held off making any certain charges. Just like they knew there was not enough evidence, but they had to have someone to blame.

Hatfill eventually won a lawsuit against the DOJ and FBI for violating his privacy and destroying his reputation, receiving 5.82 million dollars in a settlement with the government that was concluded on June 28, 2008.

By that time, the DOJ already had their sights set on Bruce Ivins, another USAMRIID researcher and someone with a history of mental problems. Within weeks of concluding their harassment of Hatfill, the FBI were preparing to make their case against Ivins. Ivins was barred from Fort Detrick and hospitalized as a potential threat to himself and others.

The media still want to beat up the dead guy.

The FBI knew as early as October 5th that the anthrax used in the attacks were derived from the Ames strain, a variety of anthrax commonly used in US military research, but did not publicly confirm this until October 25th. Yet on October 10th, five days after learning of the origin of the spores, the FBI allowed the original batch of Ames strain at Iowa State University to be destroyed, thus making their own investigation even more difficult.

In February of 2011, the National Academy of Sciences concluded a scientific investigation into the forensic case against Ivins, finding that the FBI had overstated the certainty that the anthrax used in the attacks came from Ivins’ flask.

This whole affair would seem to be as much or more of a government conspiracy as any other we have on record. This event was placed with-in the public concousness as a factor for the effort to go to war in the middle east

Just my opinion, but I would like to see a real investigation myself.

edit on 3-10-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am saddened to assume that this event has been so totally forgotten.

I can not conceive of a more blatant show of a governmental associated conspiracy and cover up.

It may be a good thing this has been so well swept under the rug.

After all only a few people died. How many deaths does it take to wake people up ?

I am, though, having a hard time beleiving law and justice still dwell here in the U S.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Get your spelling right and you may get more visits.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Believe it or not, I have seen much worse on this as well as other sites.

But don't worry your pretty little head.

I was around other places a long time before I was here !

new topics

top topics

join