It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Oppose Obama Your a Racist, If You Support Herman Cain Your A Racist!?!? What Gives?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

They don't believe the garbage they spout, but I suspect you know that. Some people will tell any lie to get their favorite politician into office. They know keeping us divided keeps them in power. Their biggest fear is that we would all get along and join together. If we did that, everyone would start paying attention to what they do instead of what they say.

We need leaders who get our votes by what they do, but instead we get these clowns like Obama and Bush who get votes by lying or buying them.

Those who do believe that are to be pitied. Living a life filled with hate and mistrust must be miserable and I guess that explains why all they do is label people and complain. Why they can't be bothered to debate issues. Why they lie so easily, even to themselves.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This is all very simple. Herman Cain is an african-american. It makes him a threat to Obama, because he will take at least a few percent of the african-american vote from our beloved President. Obama, can little afford to loose a few percent of the black vote. So Herman Cain must be demonized by the left in order to keep ALL of the african american voters in fold, or in anothers words "brainwashed".

Herman Cain may be right about many african-americans being brainwashed. How else could you explain them allowing people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton to keep using them as pawns to fill their pockets and holding them back for all these years?

In many ways this is a good example of how Liberals operate, but they may have jumped the shark this time. All Cain said was that they were brainwashed, but they have called him an Oreo, an Uncle Tom, etc... and then claim he is the racist. They love to accuse people of what they are guilty of. Hell, Obama got up in front of the CBC and told them to get out of their slippers and get out of their chair and quit bitching and complaining. If a white man told that to a group of black people they would get the Jimmy the Greek or the Hank Williams, Jr. treatment.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The whole race card annoys me. It has become a tool to be used by all races. We need to draw a line between blatant racism and dumbassity.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
So this weekend we had some Democrat Strategist on CNN claiming Herman Cain is a racist.
I wanted to know more and found that those on the left are REALLY threatened by Cain. He doesn't exactly fit into their "stereo typed" box they have made for minorities.
I for one have had my eye on Cain since he announced he was going to run. I even made a thread about it.
Claiming that Mr. Cain is a racist because he does not believe in the same things you might, is very racist in itself. Too bad many do not see it that way.
Here is and article with just a few tid bits of what some on the racial left are claiming...

Blanket statements demolish credibility. I'm not a Rep or Dem, because, the way I see it, Rep's are foolish enough to call Dems "libs", even though they're for huge federal government just the same (more-so, in some ways, when it comes to social issues.) (And Dems are bad, because they're openly for big government.) However, I know many people who voted for Obama and many who didn't, none of whom are racist, or were considered racist by anyone I know. Now I know many people who are planning to vote for Herman Cain in the primary (considering it myself, though I don't think he could possibly win.) Dems I know aren't considering myself or any of the others to be racist, nor do they think Cain is racist himself.

Just because a puny little percentage of someone fits some mold you want to make a point about does not mean it is typical. As such, you should state your opinions to fit reality. For example:

"I wanted to know more and found that ***there is a miniscule percentage of*** those on the left are REALLY threatened by Cain."

That way, people can read your OP, and think to themselves, "ok, so what? Next topic."
edit on 10/4/2011 by dogstar23 because: missed some

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

Herman Cain could be a threat, but not because he's African-American. The black vote in the United States is puny, and typically votes about 90% democrat. If he picks up a few black votes, not only will they not be difference-makers, but they'll be offset by southern Republicans who stay home because they just can't bear to vote for a black man.

Herman Cain COULD be a threat to Obama if he can get people to understand and buy into his economic/jobs plan. In fact, just about any candidate, including Obama could win the next election if they can do just that. My money is on Romney, as his plan actually seems to make the most sense. So far, Cain's plans still sound like rewards for job exporters to me.

edit on 10/4/2011 by dogstar23 because: confusing semantics

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by adept2u
reply to post by TDawgRex

Is this a serious question? He has 0 understanding of foreign or economic affairs and is a mush mouthed idiot when compared to the President. When compared to the raving lunatics of the Republican party he's just a normal raving lunatic.

You know what? Obama is a prissy pacifist in the defense dept. just like his leftist base, and I would take Herman Cain over BO any day.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Oh and op. Your if's are nonsense. No one is called a racist for opposing policies. People are called a racist for doing so simply to oppose the President because he is Black.

So you're saying that any white person that opposes Obama does so because he's black? It couldn't possibly be because he's a horrible president, and an atrocious subhuman?

One day hopefully white people will stop looking at Black comedians and rappers as if they reflect informed Black political thought. You know that's a form of racism too.

I don't like non-white comedians. I don't like them because, with extremely few exceptions, their jokes are racially-tinged, whether they are black, Hispanic, Asian, what have you. I can't relate to that, and I don't like it because it seems racist to me as they're putting down or making fun of people because of race. White comedians, again with extremely few exceptions, tell jokes that can apply to anyone regardless of race. Maybe if black comedians would stop being black comedians, and just comedians, white people won't see them as reflecting black political thought.

White people picking not leaders for us then trying to assign our ideas and motivations from the idiots you choose.

Picking white leaders mostly comes from demographics. Only 13% of America is composed of blacks. statistically, we would choose a Hispanic male before a black male, since Hispanics make up a larger percentage of Americans than blacks do.

But it's been quite a few decades since a white president tried to assign white ideas and motivations to anyone. It's been white presidents that have been trying to heal the rift between blacks and whites. White presidents that have enacted laws to ensure freedom and equality. If you don't want that, fine. That's your choice. But quite trying to make it into a black/white thing. Whites are kind of tired of it. I know this one is.
/TOA

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

reply to post by MasterGemini

One of the things that is particularly difficult in these conversations is that it is difficult to get people to read your words.

I stated quite clearly in the post you quoted it was no devil's fault white or otherwise, at least the topic we are discussing, so why did you ignore me?

Here's something that's going to blow your mind. I don't need, have never needed will not need in the future, a single thing from you. My education was paid in cash, I paid for my children's education in cash, my Daddy is rich and my Momma good looking.

I've travelled pretty extensively also, and I've only had issue in this country the one of my birth, the one where generations of my people have fought and died for with people assuming they are better than me because of my pigment.

I'd find it a compliment to be compared so. The next step in Black civil rights is going to be absolute respect. No you don't get to question our heritiage or our patriotism or any of that. We're better than full fledged Americans.

and some blacks feel they are better than whites because of their pigment- also your travels must have been quite fortuitous if you feel such racial issues are limited to whitey in America, because they ain't..............

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
What really grinds my gears is that its such a big achievement for a black man to be president. It should be a great achievement for any person to become a president. Hes judged by his skin and not his achievements. I swear if he was white he would be hated by many and liked by few.

I strongly agree, but the crux of your statement is that the Black race is responsible for always telling the world "This such an achievement for "our people". They are the ones whom tout race at every opportunity.

Pax

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
sooner or later people will tired of this .You must really need a scape goat if you have so little convinced in your self because of your skin color and must be anothers skin color that stopping you hu?
personally I say watching the blacks kill whites just because there white is just as raciest as whites that kill blacks just because there black.
But seeing how after 400 years we still cant get along isn't it time we just went at it? winner take all?
of corse you stand there as the beet the snot out of you wile dieing saying Im not racist .
Bet you think I am talking about a black man kill a white hu? so whos racist ?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Quadrivium
So this weekend we had some Democrat Strategist on CNN claiming Herman Cain is a racist.
I wanted to know more and found that those on the left are REALLY threatened by Cain. He doesn't exactly fit into their "stereo typed" box they have made for minorities.

I am left leaning and quite frankly I like Cain and what he has to say.... So....

do me a favor and don't speak on my behalf ever again.

Not to mention... Really the whole left vs right paradigm is pure BS....

No offense intended. I was speaking of those I read about and those in the article I provided.
Of course not all of the left are threatened by Cain. That would be like saying all Tea Party members are racist.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Blanket statements demolish credibility.

That was from your first post on this page. Now lets have a look at your second post.

but they'll be offset by southern Republicans who stay home because they just can't bear to vote for a black man.

Kind of hypocritical isn't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Folks here talk about the "race card", and yet the members I see bring up "racial issues" more often are rightwing members of this forum themselves. So just to clarify on the kind of mentality going on here:

Blacks vote for Obama only because he's black. (Not racist at all because it's "true", blacks are incapable of thinking policy wise)

Blacks who vote for Cain? Well it has nothing to do with him being black because well, he's a tea partier.

Right, this is the message I'm getting from the OP.
I have to agree up until the last part. The OP probably only meant the tidbit mentioned in the post, since it would be extremely hypocritical to complain about someone accusing someone of being racist because they don't share the same political beliefs as they do, and then do same exact thing.

Honestly, from what I've seen, right-wingers for the most part aren't really racist (I have thought so in the past, but to be fair I also once thought gays shouldn't be allowed to be married). The ones who obsess over race are definitely racist, from attributing Obama's success to his skin color, to raging at the thought of whites becoming a minority, to even referring to the democratic party as a plantation. And yes, before anyone says anything, I'm aware that there are some on the left who are also guilty of playing identity politics. It really is a shame that once racism stopped being acceptable it became a political weapon.
edit on 6-10-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It is a matter of conditioning for democrats....they define themselves as the anti-racists. Most young D's join the party on that line alone. It's very similar to the line you here unfortunately from many african americans. Everything is about race and discrimination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join