It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Oppose Obama Your a Racist, If You Support Herman Cain Your A Racist!?!? What Gives?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Everyone is so offended and afraid of being called racist. It's the word of the millennium. It is so overused that it means nothing anymore. Who cares if someone said someone else is racist? It means nothing.

Herman Cain is an idiot. He publicly said that black people vote Democratic because they're 'duped' into doing so... as if they aren't smart enough to vote for someone because of their platform and policies...I can see how people would find that offensive. I know I'm a bit offended when people say I voted for Obama because he's black. As if that's some sort of political criterion these days.
But I'm not going to start a thread and cry about it. Let them think what they want.

And if someone thinks that opposing Obama is racist, so what?
And if someone thinks that supporting Cain is racist, so what?

edit on 10/3/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

May I ask in all honesty, so what if you're called a racist?

I mean really what happens to you?

Like me I get hassled by the police for being Black on a sunny day. I pay my taxes I raised my children to do so also, but there are communities I just can't go. That's just an example, I'm not talking about the regular stuff like people thinking you're a thief, or whatever, but really you get called a racist, so what?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
What really grinds my gears is that its such a big achievement for a black man to be president. It should be a great achievement for any person to become a president. Hes judged by his skin and not his achievements. I swear if he was white he would be hated by many and liked by few.

LOL there grass hopper! Its only an achievement when a black liberal becomes president. Cain is seen by liberals as a house boy only. So you see race is determined by politcs.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by adept2u

Pretty sure you missed the sarcastic tone of my reply.

I don't care who calls me racist or not. You know why?

Because I'm not, and my track record in life backs me up. I've been called worse and WILL be called worse by more random faceless people on the internet. Will I lose sleep over it? HELL NO.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yep, I will be upset if he doesn't get the nomination. And I have contacted his campaign HQ to ask what I can do to help where I’m at. (A Democratic stronghold…so that should be interesting)

I like Cain and Paul, unfortunately they don't seem to get along.

However, I am sick of seeing people just randomly toss out allegations of racism every time someone disagrees with someone’s point of view. (and no, I wasn’t calling you racist)

The Race Card (Joke intended) has been maxed out.

As for threat to Obamas re-election, I believe that Cain has an honest chance.

Romney and Perry are just well healed snake oil salesmen, but they are a threat nonetheless because of the money trail.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The entire idea of "house boy" is extremely offensive.

You see Uncle Tom was a slave and just trying to survive as were all Black people there were no "higher" stations unless you think proximity to your master was a perk.

The villain in that story was Simon Legree a White man and all Black Americans if they are honest with themselves recognize they are all in the same club. The Republicans need a leader like Herman Cain if only he'll stop their leaders from naming their hunting lodges "nword" head.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by adept2u
Oh and op. Your if's are nonsense. No one is called a racist for opposing policies. People are called a racist for doing so simply to oppose the President because he is Black. One day hopefully white people will stop looking at Black comedians and rappers as if they reflect informed Black political thought. You know that's a form of racism too. White people picking not leaders for us then trying to assign our ideas and motivations from the idiots you choose.

or supporting the President because he is black, that would be racist too wouldn't it yeah, that definitely would.

As for "white people" looking at black comedians and rappers as if they inflect Black political thought, I am white and don't, and would have no doubt that some black people do.

What a messed up, and ironically, racist post

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Absolutely I missed it. I'm afraid snark is an internet convention that completely eludes me and I fall for it every time, but I truly appreciate your answer. It's the one I would expect most people who actually have good will to have. If you felt I was calling you a racist, I feel you would have questioned why I thought so as opposed at getting offended at the implication. My feelings may or may not have had merit but at least they would have been explored. I happen to feel a lot of what "racism" is is cross cultural misunderstandings, that do occur more from White to Black only because Black people have always had a greater stake in understanding White folks as not doing so in the wrong environment could have cost abuse if not your life.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Oh and op. Your if's are nonsense. No one is called a racist for opposing policies. People are called a racist for doing so simply to oppose the President because he is Black. One day hopefully white people will stop looking at Black comedians and rappers as if they reflect informed Black political thought. You know that's a form of racism too. White people picking not leaders for us then trying to assign our ideas and motivations from the idiots you choose.

Its all the white mans' fault eh . . .

You are clearly a racist. You remind of Morgan Freeman who misquoted some Rep and added the phrase 'black man' into it when it was not there originally. The American black community stereotypically identifies race first and above all other things.

I say this from personal experience as I have traveled to Egypt, Spain, Italy, France, Thailand, Mexico, Canada, and Japan.
edit on 3-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

The only plantation left on this planet is the GOVERNMENT PLANTATION aka Democrat party . . .

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Yep, I will be upset if he doesn't get the nomination. And I have contacted his campaign HQ to ask what I can do to help where I’m at. (A Democratic stronghold…so that should be interesting)

I like Cain and Paul, unfortunately they don't seem to get along.

However, I am sick of seeing people just randomly toss out allegations of racism every time someone disagrees with someone’s point of view. (and no, I wasn’t calling you racist)

The Race Card (Joke intended) has been maxed out.

As for threat to Obamas re-election, I believe that Cain has an honest chance.

Romney and Perry are just well healed snake oil salesmen, but they are a threat nonetheless because of the money trail.

Well, good for you!

More often than not (esp. here) people love to talk up a storm and not take action. I do hope you're being genuine and not just blowing smoke up my ass with your support for Cain. I'm sure he can use all the help he can get. I look forward to seeing your posts in the coming months when the direction of his campaign is actually decided.

No matter, I still stand by my statement that the GOP nomination will end up with Perry or Romney to ensure mass appeal. Is the tea party really ready to risk 4 more years of Obama with the wrong nomination? I really don't think so.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I was responding to the OP which is why I used the word, and in the OP's block quoted section he used DL Hugley as if that high school drop out spoke for anyone. Now if you want to find a post of mine that might be on point to what you're saying, find the one where it says White people have taken over the control of what isn't or is not racist. They define it as the worst thing in the world then proceed to tag Black people with it. Like if Nazi's had the definitions of Antisemitism and still had power then decided to start calling Jews anti-Semites.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

One of the things that is particularly difficult in these conversations is that it is difficult to get people to read your words.

I stated quite clearly in the post you quoted it was no devil's fault white or otherwise, at least the topic we are discussing, so why did you ignore me?

Here's something that's going to blow your mind. I don't need, have never needed will not need in the future, a single thing from you. My education was paid in cash, I paid for my children's education in cash, my Daddy is rich and my Momma good looking.

I've travelled pretty extensively also, and I've only had issue in this country the one of my birth, the one where generations of my people have fought and died for with people assuming they are better than me because of my pigment.

I'd find it a compliment to be compared so. The next step in Black civil rights is going to be absolute respect. No you don't get to question our heritiage or our patriotism or any of that. We're better than full fledged Americans.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by adept2u

Where was Obama's extensive foreign and economic experience with being a "Community Organizer".

You funny!

You actually think Obama had any experience. I'm actually laughing right now. Very hard.

Herman Cain has more economic experience with business than Obama has in his entire Board of Advisors.

Please read about all the experience he has, instead of plugging your ears when someone talks. Just makes you sound imature. www.hermancain.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by MasterGemini

One of the things that is particularly difficult in these conversations is that it is difficult to get people to read your words.

I stated quite clearly in the post you quoted it was no devil's fault white or otherwise, at least the topic we are discussing, so why did you ignore me?

Here's something that's going to blow your mind. I don't need, have never needed will not need in the future, a single thing from you. My education was paid in cash, I paid for my children's education in cash, my Daddy is rich and my Momma good looking.

I've travelled pretty extensively also, and I've only had issue in this country the one of my birth, the one where generations of my people have fought and died for with people assuming they are better than me because of my pigment.

I'd find it a compliment to be compared so. The next step in Black civil rights is going to be absolute respect. No you don't get to question our heritiage or our patriotism or any of that. We're better than full fledged Americans.

Now you are better than full fledged Americans because of your skin color . . .

GTFO you are a racist. Seriously :

The next step in Black civil rights is going to be absolute respect. No you don't get to question our heritiage or our patriotism or any of that. We're better than full fledged Americans.

And by YOU, do you men WHITE PEOPLE? LoL What about the brown and yellow people?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by adept2u

Do you want a tissue?

There is racism in life. We do our best to eliminate it and move on.

We don’t focus on it, we don’t throw a fit over it.

Everybody has challenges in life. Some through gender, some through race, and some through family back ground.
Some deal with it by taking it head on and others sit back and cry like a little baby. Which one are you?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
The paradox could not be greater...Herman Cain IS EVERYTHING that Barack Obama is NOT (but was held up to be)...Cain really is a genius (a degree in Mathmatics from Morehouse College, a Masters from Cornell in Comuter Science--he really IS a rocket scientist, having worked as a civilian in the US Navy on the ballistics of rocket launches). He even has released his college transcripts! Self made in the corporate world, a gifted orator (no TOTUS needed)...I could go on and on...but that would just make me "RAAAACIST!!!"

To acknowledge reality Cain is to call out the fairy tale of Obama. Can't have that...

Both of them are lap dogs for the oligarchy.

Please people, stop kidding yourselves with this nonsense.

Cain is an accomplished person, and I can respect that. But I know whose ass he'll kiss when it comes time to decide between protecting the people and protecting the corporations.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Logarock

The entire idea of "house boy" is extremely offensive.

You see Uncle Tom was a slave and just trying to survive as were all Black people there were no "higher" stations unless you think proximity to your master was a perk.

Well its not the perks, everybody wants perks. It just that blacks mistrust the house boy more than the do the master. They figure he looks down on them and they take that a lot harder than a white doing it. Now the dems try to get everyone to believe they are purified from all the ills that beset the heart of man.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
The American black community stereotypically identifies race first and above all other things.

Gee, I wonder why?

Slavery perhaps?

Jim Crow?

Systemic inequality economically and in the justice system?

You may not be racist sir, but ignorance surely has not left your fragile mind untouched!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I contacted Cain's website last Friday, no word as of yet. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday, I'll call.

If they don't need my help, so be it, but I'll still keep volunteering for events in my area. I like him and his message. He does seem a tad weak on foreign policy, but is pretty strong on the Domestic front.

But that's why they have staffs. And I think Cain will listen and weigh options prior to making decisions, unlike the last two guys who seemed to just go with their gut feeling.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

I believe the word you are looking for in your title is "you are" and when contracted it is "you're".

Personally I've given up on trying to identify racist in this racist country. Strangely White people have taken over the word and the definitions of it, so that now you can question the Presidents very birth place and you're cool, but if you say the word White the Black person is the racist. Orwell would have been pleased.

Give it a rest already.

All the woes of non-whites is not the fault of the white devil.

And no, Whites have not taken over the word. White Dems have, through the use of Alinsky style arguing.

And why is it bad to question Govt? Or people in Govt? Or their motives? Or their background? Or their place of birth? Or their history? Or their parent's background?

What a crock!!!

edit on 3-10-2011 by macman because: Because I did not want Adept2u to attack me on grammar!!!!

No one said all the woes of non whites belonged to any devil white or otherwise.

it is not bad to question government, it is not bad to question motives, but when you examine backgrounds etc, what you are doing is tossing basic disrespect to a mans word. Something white people in this country seem to have no problem doing to non whites and is racism. You think you're better. You think you have the right to question peoples basic humanity, and you don't.

White Dems are White people and yes you have. You've made it so it's worse to be called a racist than to be a racist. When men are called sexist it's not the worst thing in the world. If they care they examine their behavior. Now White men only have to scream are you calling me a racist ohhh just the worst thing in the world and it doesn't matter if they are carrying a sign saying they're about to overthrow the government simply because the President reformed health care in a Republican way.

Malcolm X once said if you're not careful the media will have you hating those who are oppressed and loving the oppressor. Both he and Orwell were right.

Ah, to quote the Militant Malcom X.
I might as well quote Militant white supremacists. Oh but wait, that would make me a Racist.

Your double standard reeks of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

A white man can question Govt, so long as it is within the boundaries determined by those not only wishing to protect Obama, but also operate on the default thinking that if it is from the mouth of the White guy, it is racist.

Sorry, but we are allowed to question any portion of anyone in Govt. To suggest otherwise, regardless of motive is bigoted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join