It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Oppose Obama Your a Racist, If You Support Herman Cain Your A Racist!?!? What Gives?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So this weekend we had some Democrat Strategist on CNN claiming Herman Cain is a racist.
I wanted to know more and found that those on the left are REALLY threatened by Cain. He doesn't exactly fit into their "stereo typed" box they have made for minorities.
I for one have had my eye on Cain since he announced he was going to run. I even made a thread about it.
Claiming that Mr. Cain is a racist because he does not believe in the same things you might, is very racist in itself. Too bad many do not see it that way.
Here is and article with just a few tid bits of what some on the racial left are claiming.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t. If you reject the policies of President Obama, you’re a racist. If you support the policies of Herman Cain, you’re a racist. What’s a “white” person to do?
As soon as someone plays the race card, you know that they lost the debate. It’s a 5 th -grader’s playground trump card to win an argument he just lost in front of his friends. He got stomped, so he yells out, “Your mother wears army boots!”
Liberalism can’t stand facts, and they can’t believe that opposition or support of a candidate is based on policy considerations. Sure, there are bigots out there . . . in both parties. Keep in mind that it was the Democrats that supported Jim Crow laws in the South. Following the logic of today’s race baiters, when Democrats began to reject these laws, they were racists.
The white queen of hate illogic and stupidity Janeane Garofalo, said this about Republicans who support Herman Cain for president in 2012.
People like Karl Rove liked to keep the racism very covert. And so Herman Cain provides this great opportunity say you can say ‘Look, this is not a racist, anti-immigrant, anti-female, anti-gay movement. Look we have a black man.
Karl Rove? Once again, it’s “everything is Bush’s fault” syndrome. In case you don’t know, Mr. Cain “is a businessman, a talk show host, a former executive of several multi-billion dollar companies. . . . He has for the last several years been a mainstay at Tea Party rallies all across the country and draws big, enthusiastic crowds among these conservative activists. He’s a powerful speaker and really knows how to wind up an audience. Lately he’s won several straw polls and is ranked no less than the number 3 candidate to take the Republican nomination. He is also black.”
Black comedian D.L. “Doc” Hughley has made similar comments about Cain. Apparently, Herman Cain’s victory in the GOP Florida straw poll was too much for the liberal-minded Hughley to bear. On September 27, Hughley launched into a stream of demeaning, racially charged tweets about Cain on his Twitter account @RealDLHughley,
which his loyal followers responded to in kind. You may remember Hughley’s fleeting CNN talk show was cancelled in 2009 because he said during an interview with former RNC Chairman Michael Steele “the Republican National Convention literally looks like Nazi Germany.”

godfatherpolitics.com...

I'm white and I did not vote for Obama, but if he gets the nomination I will be voting for Herman Cain. Skin color has no place in politics. In my opinion its a non-issue. Its all in who most of my views align with.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Because when you disagree with Dems, you are a Racist, DUH!!!!
And that is the "go-to" card for Dems, and the last straw, and the back-up plan.

Has been for a while now.

But, the Dem that cried wolf is slowly being seen for the fraud that they are.

And yes, the Reps are not to be trusted either.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What really grinds my gears is that its such a big achievement for a black man to be president. It should be a great achievement for any person to become a president. Hes judged by his skin and not his achievements. I swear if he was white he would be hated by many and liked by few.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The paradox could not be greater...Herman Cain IS EVERYTHING that Barack Obama is NOT (but was held up to be)...Cain really is a genius (a degree in Mathmatics from Morehouse College, a Masters from Cornell in Comuter Science--he really IS a rocket scientist, having worked as a civilian in the US Navy on the ballistics of rocket launches). He even has released his college transcripts! Self made in the corporate world, a gifted orator (no TOTUS needed)...I could go on and on...but that would just make me "RAAAACIST!!!"

To acknowledge reality Cain is to call out the fairy tale of Obama. Can't have that...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I believe the word you are looking for in your title is "you are" and when contracted it is "you're".

Personally I've given up on trying to identify racist in this racist country. Strangely White people have taken over the word and the definitions of it, so that now you can question the Presidents very birth place and you're cool, but if you say the word White the Black person is the racist. Orwell would have been pleased.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

He's a mush mouthed idiot. He couldn't find his behind with both hands and is an embarassment.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by adept2u
reply to post by Glinda

He's a mush mouthed idiot. He couldn't find his behind with both hands and is an embarassment.

As compared...

to who?

The current uh...brillant
Admin we currently have?
edit on 3-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Is this a serious question? He has 0 understanding of foreign or economic affairs and is a mush mouthed idiot when compared to the President. When compared to the raving lunatics of the Republican party he's just a normal raving lunatic.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Oh and op. Your if's are nonsense. No one is called a racist for opposing policies. People are called a racist for doing so simply to oppose the President because he is Black. One day hopefully white people will stop looking at Black comedians and rappers as if they reflect informed Black political thought. You know that's a form of racism too. White people picking not leaders for us then trying to assign our ideas and motivations from the idiots you choose.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I believe the word you are looking for in your title is "you are" and when contracted it is "you're".

Personally I've given up on trying to identify racist in this racist country. Strangely White people have taken over the word and the definitions of it, so that now you can question the Presidents very birth place and you're cool, but if you say the word White the Black person is the racist. Orwell would have been pleased.

Give it a rest already.

All the woes of non-whites is not the fault of the white devil.

And no, Whites have not taken over the word. White Dems have, through the use of Alinsky style arguing.

And why is it bad to question Govt? Or people in Govt? Or their motives? Or their background? Or their place of birth? Or their history? Or their parent's background?

What a crock!!!

edit on 3-10-2011 by macman because: Because I did not want Adept2u to attack me on grammar!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by adept2u

I'll take a normal guy who has worked his way up and fended for himself before I would ever vote for the yabooheads currently in office of this Admin, who have had everything given to them on a platter and then cry, "It's not fair!" when others oppose them.

It's been a interesting four years, I'm just thankful they are almost over.

We'll see what the next guy does...but after this Admin, whoever they are, they have their work cut out for them.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Herman Cain is nothing more than the right wing/tea party attempt to say "HEY LOOK! WE'RE NOT RACIST! SEE? WE LET THIS OTHER BLACK GUY TALK!"

Too bad he's shot himself in the foot with his labeling African Americans as brainwashed. If anyone other than Perry or Romney ends up with the GOP nomination, I'll be truly shocked.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
the matrix is overloaded.... causing the media to suffer a case of blowback

this is of little concern however...because only a few of the sheeple are far enough away from the indoctrination to actually 'see' the situation...
which is: both camps are but political BORG

Go To:
nader.org...
for a peek behind the shadow govt, elites, NWO-Globalists

edit on 3-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

Why are Dems/Liberals irritated that a black man has stepped off the plantation? And calls things the way he see them? By the way, Herman has referred to himself as American, not black. I like that.

The left are showing their true racist roots and colors by bringing the ethnicity element into the fight every time they see a threat. It's a old tired argument and people are starting to ignore it.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Give it a rest already.

All the woes of non-whites is not the fault of the white devil.

And no, Whites have not taken over the word. White Dems have, through the use of Alinsky style arguing.

And why is it bad to question Govt? Or people in Govt? Or their motives? Or their background? Or their place of birth? Or their history? Or their parent's background?

What a crock!!!

edit on 3-10-2011 by macman because: Because I did not want Adept2u to attack me on grammar!!!!

No one said all the woes of non whites belonged to any devil white or otherwise.

it is not bad to question government, it is not bad to question motives, but when you examine backgrounds etc, what you are doing is tossing basic disrespect to a mans word. Something white people in this country seem to have no problem doing to non whites and is racism. You think you're better. You think you have the right to question peoples basic humanity, and you don't.

White Dems are White people and yes you have. You've made it so it's worse to be called a racist than to be a racist. When men are called sexist it's not the worst thing in the world. If they care they examine their behavior. Now White men only have to scream are you calling me a racist ohhh just the worst thing in the world and it doesn't matter if they are carrying a sign saying they're about to overthrow the government simply because the President reformed health care in a Republican way.

Malcolm X once said if you're not careful the media will have you hating those who are oppressed and loving the oppressor. Both he and Orwell were right.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

We have nothing to be ashamed of as Black Americans. We helped build this country and have spilled blood in every American war to defend this nation. Herman Cain does recognize he's a Black American and is not ashamed to say it.

link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by negativenihil

Why are Dems/Liberals irritated that a black man has stepped off the plantation? And calls things the way he see them? By the way, Herman has referred to himself as American, not black. I like that.

The left are showing their true racist roots and colors by bringing the ethnicity element into the fight every time they see a threat. It's a old tired argument and people are starting to ignore it.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Hah! Thanks, I haven't been called a racist yet today.

Irritated? Hardly. His whole schtick is transparent. The *only* reason he's where he is right now is due to tea party guilt and their desire to prove to the world they aren't racist (See? Broad strokes are easy!).

How much have you donated to his campaign? Are you really going to be THAT upset when he's not the GOP nomination?

And really - project all you want, but there has yet to be a GOP candidate that is any real threat to President Obama.
edit on 3-10-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

link   

Oh and op. Your if's are nonsense. No one is called a racist for opposing policies. People are called a racist for doing so simply to oppose the President because he is Black. One day hopefully white people will stop looking at Black comedians and rappers as if they reflect informed Black political thought. You know that's a form of racism too. White people picking not leaders for us then trying to assign our ideas and motivations from the idiots you choose.

I don't know if your white or black and really do not care. But in the words of Herman YOU'RE "brainwashed".
I suppose you have no problem with Obama's foreign policy? Any of his policies?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by adept2u

Barry has more than ample staff to help him locate his behind. Its finding a "clue" that the Regime has troubles with...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Actually I'm fully versed in politics and history and could tell you the tensions between Bismark and the princely states of Germany in the mid 1800's. Herman Cain speaks nonsense on foreign policy and economic issues because he lacks a policy team to teach him, he could be helped if he wanted it, but oh well. I agree with most of the President's foreign policy initiatives perhaps if you could outline a specific beef that portion of the conversation would be more profitable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join