It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
Hi guys, I don't mean to sound like a witch here, but.......

I gave 2 links showing what it was hitting the sun.... judging by the debate on here people aren't even looking at links, just making up a few fairy tales as to what it may be.

Here are the links again, please look at them......... it was NOT Pluto, Not Elenin....... just a "comet" hitting the sun. It has happened before, it will happen again.

Links:

spaceweather.com...

www.sott.net...
Please check out some facts before you start blaming it on Elenin..............
And Please use links off of the spaceweather site.

And based on your own links

1. What is a Comet?
Comets are small, fragile, irregularly shaped bodies composed of a mixture of non-volatile grains and frozen gases. They usually follow highly elongated paths around the Sun. Most become visible, even in telescopes, only when they get near enough to the Sun for the Sun's radiation to start subliming the volatile gases, which in turn blow away small bits of the solid material.
www.solarviews.com...

From my prospective, that was NOT small. In fact, there were TWO impacts. One we didn't see which gave off a huge CME and one that was extremely large.

So what is your take on this?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster
reply to post by Human_Alien

Got any NASA pics or footage of Elenin? Links please fellah!

I think you're confusing me with a gopher.

Besides, why would I have any pictures of Elenin? You think I am holding out? Part of my point (if I am even understanding YOUR point is) there aren't any photos of Elenin. Before, after and since.

You have completely and amazingly boggled my mind. I think it's time for your nap.

There are plenty of photos of Elenin. Here are two showing the difference in brightness since its encounter with a CME. It is much less bright now suggesting that it has lost a great deal of its mass to radiation.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Originally posted by KaginD

I thought cmes don't create earthquakes though. That was what has been said on so many of the solar flare threads anyway.

Spot on. Plate tectonics do that all by themselves.

You know...I was really giving you props until this post.
Plate tectonic move all by themselves.

Really? Nothing influences them at all?

They just spontaneously start moving whenever they feel like it...is that what you're saying?

So therefore, cause and effect simply does not apply to this function?

I may not be the brightest when it comes to science but I am certain no one knows what causes earthquakes.
Be it the Moon, the Sun, other planets. Heat expansion. Cold constriction. HAARP. Off shore drilling etc etc etc.

So please. You were doing SO well. Don't blow it now

edit on 3-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: typos

Read my post.

Plate tectonics do that all by themselves.

i.e. Plate tectonics occur via their existing system, convection currents in the Earth's mantle. not thanks to coronal mass ejections. It wasn't that obscure, surely?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
S&F for this .. MSM is quiet as usual, I think the .mil fired a missile at the sun for experimental purposes, easy to track if it was earth based...(I'm not a scientist by any means, and have no desire to dig into this mathematically)

1) find the position of STEREO sat during that day/hour
2). Do a reverse azimuth
3).. your answer..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Honestly, you can prove anything with facts!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How did this HUGE 'comet' (or comets) go undetected? I don't get it.
Unless...this was not a comet(s).

So here's my 'twist'

I for one do NOT dismiss the theory of stargates simply because, I do not know what's going on outside my own dimension and I am certainly not going to depend on NASA for those answers so.......

There seems to be a LOT of unexplained activity or anomalies in/around our Sun (same w/ Saturn rings) which to me warrants more investigation.

But please, if you're a strict NASA-believer and hands-on/hard-core evidence type---who believes in our limited reality only then-----this theory of mine is not for you. So please spare your derogatory comments. But I know others will at least consider and ponder all possibilities especially the ones 'out of the box' because sooner or later, they seem to become reality! (remember, flying to the Moon was unheard of only 100 years ago)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Does anyone could confirm if that massive CME was caused by that object's impact??

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

OK, this may only be MY opinion, but judging from what I've researched.......and no, I'm not going to post links and links and links....... do your own research....

Comets may be small, but when they impact earth they become smaller when they burn up when entering the atmosphere. Show me anywhere where is says it COULD be Elenin, and I will be happy to research it for you.

Basic common sense plays a huge factor, not jumping to conclusions.....

If you need help researching, let me know and I will pull up the links for you.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Maybe something was shot into the sun on purpose?

Where did it come from?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

nuh uh........ prove something with facts?????

Prove it. LOL

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
its on NASA's gif too
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

link   
I found this after I saw this thread...

A bright comet headed right towards the Sun and disintegrated (Oct. 2, 2011). It was a sungrazing comet of the type known as a Kreutz sungrazer and a particularly bright one at that. There is not a definitive orbit calculated for it yet, but most sungrazing comets have orbits that take them very close to the Sun without actually quite hitting it. However, getting so close almost always destroys these comets, so we see them going in, but not going back out.The question of whether a sungrazing comet can somehow trigger a coronal mass ejection is an intriguing one. So far, the feeling is that apparent relationship between some comets and some mass ejections is simply one of co-incidence. At this stage of the solar cycle, the Sun is producing many mass ejections--in fact there were several earlier in the day--and it probably just happened by chance that one of them was around the same time as the approach of the comet. Some researchers have been looking for a more direct relationship, but nothing as yet has come out of these efforts.

There you have it folks, straight from NASA and SOHO website.
No conspiracy here.

link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonsterPS: shame the guy in the youtube clip has to lower himself to labelling anyone who doesn't agree with him as 'sheeple'. I really hope that miserable phrase can die a death very soon.

i didn't get the impression he was calling people who didn't agree with him sheeple, instead i thought he meant that the edited version of the video was what was fed to the sheeple. i've tended to use the term sheeple for describing people that succumb to mainstream fashion and music who dress like each other.

Anyway, that was quite an impact, fascinating and scary at the same time. You'd think something that size would have been noticed by someone.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The word was expected. There were hopes but no expectations.

Your first source.

Original predictions made last winter based on a relatively close approach to Earth on October 16 indicated the comet might have been
as bright as 4th magnitude and visible with the naked eye from outer ring suburbs and rural areas.

From your second source.

But Elenin is trending toward the other end of the spectrum. You'll probably need a good pair of binoculars, clear skies, and a dark, secluded location to see it even on its brightest night."

Your third source.

Early October should be the best time to see it - 5th-6th magnitude, just before dawn (possibly naked-eye if we're lucky)

Your forth source; I don't know where Ray Villard got the information that Elenin "should" be visible but since he used a commonly used and mislabled image of it I doubt his source was reliable.

The images are not from SOHO.

Come on Phage, got to hold your hands up on this one and admit you got it wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i cant see the OP video for some reason its all pixelated and scrambled!

but its a shame the military has unedited vid and nasa/dhs edited the public release

is this the same massive comet/object that crashed into the sun, here:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

A Sheeple I would think is someone such as yourself with no physics background who surfs the internet and claims to understand something. If the sun was a basketball the earth would roughly be the diameter of a pin. The sun still seems to be there so what is your point, this happened last friday, the reason the earth can exist in relative peace is because of that massive big burny thing in the sky that has been eating up planetoids and asteroids for billions of years.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

How about this:
Some people thought it would not be visible to the naked eye.
Some people thought it might be visible to the naked eye.
And, of course, some people thought it was a spaceship.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Even if the comet was the size of Jupiter, the coronal mass ejection seen after the comet impact is huge.

Maybe the sun is very delicate to small impacts because its artificial.

We have threads on ATS that the Moon is artificial, the Earth is artifical, and now the sun is artifical

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by conar
its on NASA's gif too

WOW - cant believe this isnt on the front page of newspapers etc

incredible blast!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oh god, and CNN is telling us about Micheal Jackson.

This has got to stop, we've got bigger problems.

Though I'm preaching to the choir huh?

Okay wake up America, splash some water on your face its time to get back to work.

God and/or Superman is not going to save us from some of this #.
edit on 3-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join