It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Sun diving comets do this alot. Every time the "astronomers" say it's a coincidence.

Comets are like a discharging capacitor in the Sun's radial electric field. Hence the glowing tail and coma. Mass has nothing to do with it, the thing has one trillionth the mass of the Sun if that. It's all about charge. The further the comet has been from the positive Sun, the more negative charge it has built up.

Just more proof of the Electric Universe. .

This is how the mainstream scientists see it:

In fact, SOHO has recorded several instances of comets plunging into the solar corona in “coincidental” association with CMEs. Here we see two comets grazing the Sun followed by a particularly energetic blast from a mass ejection. Another instance of two comets grazing the Sun can be viewed here.

In a headline story, “Twin Comets Race To Death By Fire”, June 5, 1998, ScienceDaily.com reported:

“In a spectacular coincidence, a coronal mass ejection (CME) accompanied by an erupting prominence occurred on the southwest limb of the Sun within hours after the destruction of the comets. The CME and prominence were probably unrelated to the comets, being instead the product of weeks of intense magnetic activity in that region of the Sun”.

www.thunderbolts.info...

Just another "spectacular coincidence" here. Electric Universe predicts these things.

Can you break this down for me please? Because it seems you know what you're talking about (whether it's right, I don't know) but what are you saying? What's coincidental? That some CME's are not the result of these 'sun divers'? Is that what 'they are' saying?

Sorry. Sometimes it's hard to get the gist of a post.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasteel
Interesting stuff, never seen anything like this before

One question though, where did we get the idea that the CME is headed towards Earth?

I am assuming someone determined which satellite (Stereo Ahead or Behind) and our current position.
I think.
Right, class?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Spot on

reply to post by Phage

Again Spot On! and thanks for the links

Originally posted by Phage

You won't be able to see Elenin.

It was never expected to be visible to the naked eye, even before it fell apart.

Really?

FAIL

Original predictions made last winter based on a relatively close approach to Earth on October 16 indicated the comet might have been as bright as 4th magnitude and visible with the naked eye from outer ring suburbs and rural areas.

The comet who has been named Elenin, will be brigth enough to be seen with the unaided eye from a dark location when it passes Earth, and will keep the same magnitude for an entire month,

Early October should be the best time to see it - 5th-6th magnitude, just before dawn (possibly naked-eye if we're lucky)

By late August comet Elenin should be visible to the naked eye as a dim "fuzzy star" with a tail. Over a few weeks the visitor will speed across the spring constellation Virgo and toward Leo on its outbound leg.

Thanks though very much for the soho images and interpretation

Kind Regards,

Elf
edit on 3-10-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

For me? This was Eleniin until proven otherwise! ( yeah, that's where I'm going with this, see?
)

I think you're smarter than that, so just trolling for flags and stars?

Be cool about it, use better sources. Go get the original stuff from its source.

They are not very good at hiding this if anyone on the Internet can see it whenever they wish

I also am sick of the people pushing absurd notions pretending they actually believe it and calling people names if they use common sense.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If this had happened to be in the earths path what would be expected as far as affecting us.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Originally posted by KaginD
reply to post by Human_Alien

I thought cmes don't create earthquakes though. That was what has been said on so many of the solar flare threads anyway.

Spot on. Plate tectonics do that all by themselves.

You know...I was really giving you props until this post.
Plate tectonic move all by themselves.

Really? Nothing influences them at all?

They just spontaneously start moving whenever they feel like it...is that what you're saying?

So therefore, cause and effect simply does not apply to this function?

I may not be the brightest when it comes to science but I am certain no one knows what causes earthquakes.
Be it the Moon, the Sun, other planets. Heat expansion. Cold constriction. HAARP. Off shore drilling etc etc etc.

So please. You were doing SO well. Don't blow it now

edit on 3-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: typos

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Human_Alien

For me? This was Eleniin until proven otherwise! ( yeah, that's where I'm going with this, see?
)

I think you're smarter than that, so just trolling for flags and stars?

Be cool about it, use better sources. Go get the original stuff from its source.

They are not very good at hiding this if anyone on the Internet can see it whenever they wish

I also am sick of the people pushing absurd notions pretending they actually believe it and calling people names if they use common sense.

And I am sick of people chiming it to chew someone out.
Flags and stars mean NOTHING to me. It's not like I can cash them in! So please.

You don't like my position? Take a hike!

I am not the only one who thinks this might have been Elenin. Having said that.... I am not screaming from the top of my lungs that is was..... because I have NO idea. I am simply putting out a possibility.

What the hell do you have to add to this as far as 1) what it is 2) where it came from 3) how large was it 4) was it indeed a comet?

To me it looks way TOO big to have been overlooked!

As far as 'sources'? I don't use any. Thank you!

I never pretend to be anything more than who I am and I don't masquerade as a scientist. I am just a member who posts (what I think are) interesting threads and I tend to have very radical theories.

Too un--professional for you?
There's always Popular Science forum.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Comets are not the size of a planet. What is their average size?
Lets see...

lmgtfy.com...

Looks like an average of about 750 meters to about 20 kilometers or about 20 miles max in size. Hardly even town size forget about planet size.
edit on 3-10-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Source - SpaceWeather.com

The timing of the CME so soon after the comet dove into the sun suggests a link. But what? There is no known mechanism for comets to trigger solar explosions. Before 2011 most solar physicists would have discounted the events of Oct. 1st as pure coincidence--and pure coincidence is still the most likely explanation. Earlier this year, however, the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) watched another sungrazer disintegrate in the sun's atmosphere. On July 5, 2011, the unnamed comet appeared to interact with plasma and magnetic fields in its surroundings as it fell apart. Could a puny comet cause a magnetic instability that might propagate and blossom into a impressive CME? The question is not so crazy as it once seemed to be.

*Bold emphasis mine

This mention in SpaceWeather.com's article regarding the comet is fascinating. I know much of the debate around the Elenin comet was that something so tiny could not have a noticeable effect on the Earth or Sun, magnetic or otherwise. But this is suggesting that 2011 has even made some solar physicists rethink some things. Things that perhaps before they would have said were crazy.

It would be awesome if discussions regarding things like this in the future could be a little more civil (regarding the onslaught of fighting & name calling in many of the threads..not this one per se), because this is some fascinating stuff! So much that we don't know or understand and our perception on it changes almost daily.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Comets are not the size of a planet. What is their average size?
Lets see...

lmgtfy.com...

Looks like an average of about 750 meters to about 20 kilometers or about 20 miles max in size. Hardly even town size forget about planet size.
edit on 3-10-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

Well then, it's one of two things.
This was a lot smaller than it appeared or it was not a comet.

What else is left?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The trail it leaves behind is bigger then the sun it self. Just imagine how big that is.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthelookout

Source - SpaceWeather.com

The timing of the CME so soon after the comet dove into the sun suggests a link. But what? There is no known mechanism for comets to trigger solar explosions. Before 2011 most solar physicists would have discounted the events of Oct. 1st as pure coincidence--and pure coincidence is still the most likely explanation. Earlier this year, however, the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) watched another sungrazer disintegrate in the sun's atmosphere. On July 5, 2011, the unnamed comet appeared to interact with plasma and magnetic fields in its surroundings as it fell apart. Could a puny comet cause a magnetic instability that might propagate and blossom into a impressive CME? The question is not so crazy as it once seemed to be.

*Bold emphasis mine

This mention in SpaceWeather.com's article regarding the comet is fascinating. I know much of the debate around the Elenin comet was that something so tiny could not have a noticeable effect on the Earth or Sun, magnetic or otherwise. But this is suggesting that 2011 has even made some solar physicists rethink some things. Things that perhaps before they would have said were crazy.

It would be awesome if discussions regarding things like this in the future could be a little more civil (regarding the onslaught of fighting & name calling in many of the threads..not this one per se), because this is some fascinating stuff! So much that we don't know or understand and our perception on it changes almost daily.

And you just gave a wonderful sample as to why I personally don't use sources.
They are ONLY theories.
And each one of us are entitled to their theory.

But people have this need, want, desire to correct each and every one of us who doesn't agree to THEIR 'theory'.

We can still discuss this and I'd like to.
But name calling and antagonistic posts that taunts a member is really REALLY uncalled for.

But that was a great sample cited of how science doesn't even have it together.
So how in the world or why in the world are we to believe an ATS poster?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
NASA said it was a comet that hit the sun......but NASA say a lot of things lol

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The word was expected. There were hopes but no expectations.

Your first source.

Original predictions made last winter based on a relatively close approach to Earth on October 16 indicated the comet might have been
as bright as 4th magnitude and visible with the naked eye from outer ring suburbs and rural areas.

From your second source.

But Elenin is trending toward the other end of the spectrum. You'll probably need a good pair of binoculars, clear skies, and a dark, secluded location to see it even on its brightest night."

Your third source.

Early October should be the best time to see it - 5th-6th magnitude, just before dawn (possibly naked-eye if we're lucky)

Your forth source; I don't know where Ray Villard got the information that Elenin "should" be visible but since he used a commonly used and mislabled image of it I doubt his source was reliable.

The images are not from SOHO.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nice vid - not like the usual sun diving comets I've seen. Don't normally see them come in at such an angle. Anyway, totally verifiable info, so S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I know what hit the Sun. Its the Sun ship Orca.....Bye bye Draconians......LMAO.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthelookout
But this is suggesting that 2011 has even made some solar physicists rethink some things. Things that perhaps before they would have said were crazy.

Actually, if you look at the sources linked in the spaceweather.com article they make no insinuation that comets have any effect upon the Sun. The only "interaction" is the material of the evaporating comet going "poof".

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi guys, I don't mean to sound like a witch here, but.......

I gave 2 links showing what it was hitting the sun.... judging by the debate on here people aren't even looking at links, just making up a few fairy tales as to what it may be.

Here are the links again, please look at them......... it was NOT Pluto, Not Elenin....... just a "comet" hitting the sun. It has happened before, it will happen again.

Links:

spaceweather.com...

www.sott.net...
Please check out some facts before you start blaming it on Elenin..............
And Please use links off of the spaceweather site.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That clip was awesome S&F for you OP....The size of that thing that crashed into the sun must of been HUGE..... With the suns raging temperatures, wouldnt it totally decimate anything that flew into it before contact? Why was there such a huge flare that flew off the back side upon collision?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to have been TWO CME's. One right before this huge comet (or whatever) hit and one upon impact.

What's up?

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join