It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Wow..be thankful that it did not hit us

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
An interesting thing that comes up whenever you look into such things is that we have only theories on what the sun is made of. We can see its surface, but we cannot see much beyond that. There are some theories that even propose the sun has a solid metal core. (There are numerous potential links, and to avoid bias or relying too much on one bad-grammar-laden source over another, you can do your own search on this.)

Consider for a moment the desktop "perpetual motion machine". With one ball in motion, the force of its impact immediately transmits through the chain to move the ball at the other end. I suspect the same would be true of the sun if it has a solid, or even nearly solid core, and if the mass of the impacting object was not completely disintegrated before it reached that layer of the sun.

Could this be evidence supporting the theory of a solid (or solid-ish) core?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

The light coming from the sun tells us what's inside it. For a precis of how, watch 'Wonders of the Solar System' presented by Prof Brian Cox, but basically the frequencies of light have been analysed and tells us that like every other star that ever existed, they are the source of every element on every planet, including Earth. And consequently, the source of every atom in everything that ever lived or will live. The different stages of supernova create different elements and release them into the universe.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
It's just a standard sun diver like I already said. What's the mystery?

www.youtube.com...

The mystery is , Mr Smug, is that if you had bothered reading the whole thread instead of just throwing up your usual nonsense , you would have realised that the " mystery" is the doctoring of info by NASA and such.

I think that was dealt with too - the misunderstanding was about the meaning of the word 'current' when applied to a video file showing the state of the sun. As the date had changed, the 'current' file was no longer the one showing the impact. Simples!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD

I thought cmes don't create earthquakes though. That was what has been said on so many of the solar flare threads anyway.

Spot on. Plate tectonics do that all by themselves.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
duplicate post
edit on 3-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: duplicate post

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
As George Carlin says, Don't worry about the planet, its doing fine. It isn't going anywhere.......... WE ARE!
That's right folks, pack your s***. We're going away.......
Hmm, well not going away exactly, but more of being invited to a world wide Barbecue and guess what is on the Menu? WE ARE! ........... But like the Earthquake prediction for the 27th of September, this is probably nothing to worry about and I will continue to worry about the Christmas shopping.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
if phage's reply is not ont the first 6 pages......then he still hasn't figured out what it is.

or he just didn't log in yet

edit on 3-10-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sun diving comets do this alot. Every time the "astronomers" say it's a coincidence.

Comets are like a discharging capacitor in the Sun's radial electric field. Hence the glowing tail and coma. Mass has nothing to do with it, the thing has one trillionth the mass of the Sun if that. It's all about charge. The further the comet has been from the positive Sun, the more negative charge it has built up.

Just more proof of the Electric Universe. .

This is how the mainstream scientists see it:

In fact, SOHO has recorded several instances of comets plunging into the solar corona in “coincidental” association with CMEs. Here we see two comets grazing the Sun followed by a particularly energetic blast from a mass ejection. Another instance of two comets grazing the Sun can be viewed here.

In a headline story, “Twin Comets Race To Death By Fire”, June 5, 1998, ScienceDaily.com reported:

“In a spectacular coincidence, a coronal mass ejection (CME) accompanied by an erupting prominence occurred on the southwest limb of the Sun within hours after the destruction of the comets. The CME and prominence were probably unrelated to the comets, being instead the product of weeks of intense magnetic activity in that region of the Sun”.

www.thunderbolts.info...

Just another "spectacular coincidence" here. Electric Universe predicts these things.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, never seen anything like this before

One question though, where did we get the idea that the CME is headed towards Earth?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Got any NASA pics or footage of Elenin? Links please fellah!

I think you're confusing me with a gopher.

Besides, why would I have any pictures of Elenin? You think I am holding out? Part of my point (if I am even understanding YOUR point is) there aren't any photos of Elenin. Before, after and since.

You have completely and amazingly boggled my mind. I think it's time for your nap.

If there aren't any images, how do we know it's there/fell into the sun? That's my point. I was just asking for information - I wouldn't know where to begin finding bona fide images of Elenin anyway, with all the fake believer stuff out there. Not ordering you about, just kindly asking, like.

I think after 6 thread-pages, we might actually be on the same page finally!
because that's my point too!

Whose to say with certainty that that wasn't Elenin slammin' into the Sun?

Firstly, the timing would be about right.
Secondly, the size wouldn't be too surprising and most importantly, the fact that there aren't any 'disintegrating' Elenin photos keeps the door wide opened as far as speculation.

I am assuming that this is earthbound until further notice or proof so, we should stay vigilant the next few days. Odd animal behavior is a good sign of possible pending earth changes.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasteel

One question though, where did we get the idea that the CME is headed towards Earth?

It isn't. The CME originated on the opposite side of the Sun from Earth. Also the opposite side of where the comet entered the corona.

From STEREO A, which is looking at the side of the Sun about 90º to the the right of what SOHO sees.

Here the beginning of the CME can be seen at the 1 o'clock position. Note that the white ring is where the surface of the Sun is.

Here the CME is more developed, again, on the opposite side of the Sun from Earth.

Sun diver comets do not survive long when they approach the Sun.

edit on 10/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Firstly, the timing is wrong.
Elenin (or what's left of it) is outside of the field of view of LASCO C3. It is also near Venus' orbit and moving further from the Sun.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD

Like I said, I know nothing about this "stuff"

Just recalling what I have seen in previous threads.

I think all of this is a learning experience for most of us although some like to come off a bit more full of themselves.

The problem for me is?....who to believe?
Because it seems, the more official the source the more skeptical I get. It's a horrible way to go through life I might add

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Firstly, the timing is wrong.
Elenin (or what's left of it) is outside of the field of view of LASCO C3. It is also near Venus' orbit and moving further from the Sun.

Ah, there ya are. Did your alarm not work today?

Honestly Phage, you can show me data and it still means diddly to me! Not saying I don't believe you rather....there's been so much confusion involving Elenin that I am to the point, until it passes and I can actually see it (like I did Hale Bopp) this baby can be anywhere in our solar system as far as I'm concerned.

But I do appreciate your offer of enlightenment though ( I think that's the nicest thing I've ever said to you!
)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You won't be able to see Elenin.
It was never expected to be visible to the naked eye, even before it fell apart.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
you all know you want it to be a spaceship...or a that harmless comet, (with a scary name) that some of you continue to believe was a doomsday event.

edit on 3-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienzombie666

What part of space did that come from? Could it be Alien Weaponry used on deadly sunspots to save our asses? It was pretty nice placement of the shot if it was! This is awesome thanks OP!

I wonder how that would even be determined seeing it looks like no one was even expecting it. Therefore, no one was probably following its path.

Who knows alienzombie666? But someone earlier did purpose a weapon/missile theory though!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

You won't be able to see Elenin.
It was never expected to be visible to the naked eye, even before it fell apart.

Don't tell me (who was it?.....Hoagland that said?) Elenin was 'cloaked'? You're not suggesting that now are you?

You might want to make yourself perfectly clear for those not familiar with your stance on space

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join