It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Who says nothing ever happens, this was great and no one got hurt, so far.
This was really astronomical, what ever that means.
Looks like that was at least the size of Pluto, had to glance off Sun, I don't see how it would of went thru it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Where is that sunspot everyone was tweeking out over last week? Could that be what exploded? Is there any way to tell where it was when this thing hit? Note to self, brush up on solar terms. "Stuff" and "things".. I hate using those words haha!

"Stuff" and "things" are the only real words I comprehend when it comes to this. Because even though I know 'comet' and 'asteroid' and 'meteor'........in reality?....I really have no clue what they are.

So I for one think we should just call all this 'stuff'....'things' (until further verification BUT...not from NASA or Chadwick
)

edit on 3-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
Who says nothing ever happens, this was great and no one got hurt, so far.
This was really astronomical, what ever that means.
Looks like that was at least the size of Pluto, had to glance off Sun, I don't see how it would of went thru it.

For all we know it might have BEEN Pluto!!!

We have no idea what's going on out there. We rely on NASA and we know, without any doubt, that NASA keeps information from us. Period. I will not debate this issue with anyone right now.

But although I doubt very much that was Pluto, I am equally certain, we don't know what the hell that was and probably will never know (unless we find we're missing a planet or a moon somewhere)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I am amazed at the impact that the object had on our sun!

Does anyone know if or when the CME will hit us?

I'm actually a bit excited about this

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
After viewing the OP video , one thing is perfectly clear . Nasa and the government are censoring information , because something that huge would have been spotted by somebody other than them .

If anything of any ELE size was ever heading towards earth , the only time you will be aware of it , is when it hits you on the head.

Maybe it's time to invite some astronomers with big telescopes to join ATS , so that they can report any major findings before the Gov and Nasa climb all over it ?

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Of course it wasn't Pluto! Can you imagine the velocity required, the distance Pluto lies from the Sun? Plus, if you got to a powerful enough telescope, you'd be able to locate said planetoid right at this minute. I think you need to do some more learning about the solar system and how it operates.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I disagree. I know of some real footage of not only UFO but I know of at least 2 vids out on youtube that I know are in fact 100% real. I bet any amount of money all three of the guys you mentioned by name would certainly explain the said videos away and in a fashion that nearly everyone on this board would be convinced that I would be the "nutter". I'm surprised you so naive to this ...?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
well if you know any tpg65, go nuts.

I haven't read all the links as I'm very tired. I'm also pretty clueless when it comes to CME's and complex solar activity. Which side relative to earth at the time did the 'thing' hit? Is the ejection heading our way? No need to rush the reply, if the computer doesn't turn on in a few days I guess I'll know.
edit on 3/10/2011 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Got any NASA pics or footage of Elenin? Links please fellah!

link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

He said it wasn't pluto. Why so angry

link   

Tear Drop Sun? Dante? Planet Enoch? Or God knows what. ----------------------

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Of course it wasn't Pluto! Can you imagine the velocity required, the distance Pluto lies from the Sun? Plus, if you got to a powerful enough telescope, you'd be able to locate said planetoid right at this minute. I think you need to do some more learning about the solar system and how it operates.

Yeah, you're right. I guess that couldn't have been Pluto now that you explained it in that fashion.

Ummmm, that was called levity! Apparently you're not too familiar with my style.

Good gawd!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles

I disagree. I know of some real footage of not only UFO but I know of at least 2 vids out on youtube that I know are in fact 100% real. I bet any amount of money all three of the guys you mentioned by name would certainly explain the said videos away and in a fashion that nearly everyone on this board would be convinced that I would be the "nutter". I'm surprised you so naive to this ...?

Without you referencing what it is I said in which you disagree with--- it's very difficult for me to respond.

So next time, could you use quotes? Thanks!

But nothing for nothing: you think because three resident debunkers 'explain' things that that's it? Case closed? No further discussion required, or needed?

Ha! And you call ME naive?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
well if you know any tpg65, go nuts.

I haven't read all the links as I'm very tired. I'm also pretty clueless when it comes to CME's and complex solar activity. Which side relative to earth at the time did the 'thing' hit? Is the ejection heading our way? No need to rush the reply, if the computer doesn't turn on in a few days I guess I'll know.
edit on 3/10/2011 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

So far what I can ascertain is:

This is NOT Pluto. I repeat....NOT PLUTO

and

the CME is earthbound

PS. You understand, this is not Pluto, right? (insert eye roll here)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
After viewing the OP video , one thing is perfectly clear . Nasa and the government are censoring information , because something that huge would have been spotted by somebody other than them .

If anything of any ELE size was ever heading towards earth , the only time you will be aware of it , is when it hits you on the head.

Maybe it's time to invite some astronomers with big telescopes to join ATS , so that they can report any major findings before the Gov and Nasa climb all over it ?

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

Well we do have James Oberg whose a journalist (is that what he is?) for space related topics.
But he tends to have an explanation for everything. I personally don't think Humans are evolved enough to know 'everything'.

Call me a skeptic.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's just a standard sun diver like I already said. What's the mystery?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We can all agree that SOMETHING hit the sun and SOMETHING exploded on the sun at the same time.. we all know it wasn't pluto.. Let's try to figure out what the effects will be here? I don't even really care to much about what it was. Just want to know what we will be dealing with as a result

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Got any NASA pics or footage of Elenin? Links please fellah!

I think you're confusing me with a gopher.

Besides, why would I have any pictures of Elenin? You think I am holding out? Part of my point (if I am even understanding YOUR point is) there aren't any photos of Elenin. Before, after and since.

You have completely and amazingly boggled my mind. I think it's time for your nap.

link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Is that kind of explosion seen often when something hits the sun? Or is that a little bigger than normal?

link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

That's a rather large sun diver....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join