It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
here's the thread i mentioned earlier. I found it at godlikeproductions, not ATS.

i did some back ground snooping: seems to check out.

what do u guyz think?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What can you believe is it real or fake some con job maybe ?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by galactix

as of what has been put on ats lately about glp I wouldn't touch that link with my enemy's computer ....
peace and second

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

shrug. always a logical reason to stay ignorant.....fear?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

not so much fear as concern for this finicky pc I use I would imagine that if it was of worth to let the ats gang know someone would take up the idea and run with it here ....I trust a lot of the posters here to bring to our attention items of interest ...peace

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

If anyone has an iPhone you can download the app called '3D Sun' and it will confirm it was a recently discovered comet and show's the video too. Sorry if someone has already mentioned this.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Someone please tell me or explain to me with facts (not just lip service by saying: 'it's so-and-so") what this is!

Thanks in advance.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
From Professor James McCanney (is it just me, or does he have the WORSE website on the Internet? It is not reader friendly at all. Especially with yellow italicized font! I've emailed him and requested he consider re-doing his site/blog for 3 years now but to no avail! Oh well)

we not only caught NASA and its mouthpiece web site spaceweather dot com hiding and downplaying data critical to our existence on earth but we caught these 2 outfits leaking information to certain "dick and mary" characters on the web (pretending to be just regular folks up the street) to make youtube video postings when the data was not available to the general public on the standard NASA satellite data feeds ... yes this was a strange weekend and it all started with my appearance on Coast to Coast last friday night when i announced that a comet was heading towards the sun and was due to crash into the sun in a few hours ... the fun started and WOW was it interesting to see the NASA and spaceweather clowns backpeddling as fast as they could to cover their tracks ... i will hopefully be able to give a full summary on my show this week ... i did a great summary followup interviews on Coast to Coast first hour (in the news segments) monday night oct. 3 and also today i pre-recorded a summary interview with Jason on scriptures for america that was very complete and they will be playing that over and over again i am sure ... by the way just to clarify NASA also in the midst of all this put out a hoax announcement through CNN that a large brown dwarf had been discovered in the solar system BUT way out beyond the planet Pluto ... and would be sending many comets into the solar system ... BUT this does not even correspond to their own dirty snowball Oort cloud fairy tale science !!! because they claim that the Oort cloud (imaginary cloud of comets) lies light years away and can never be detected and for sure is far far far far far (yes very far) past a few pluto orbits ... NASA is a bad act on the way down and stepping all over themselves ... they can't even keep their own story straight any more ... i will hopefully be able to give a full review of all this for posterity but as noted i already have some good interviews out there on the topic ... jim mccanney

jmccanneyscience.com...

McCanney w/Noory at 6:40 minute mark:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
NASA has made a video with the comet

text on the video:
A bright comet fell into the sun on October 2, 2011 in synch with a coronal mass ejection bursting out on the other side.
edit on 5-10-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

NOAA forecasters estimate a 30% chance of minor geomagnetic storms on Oct. 5th and 6th as a series of two to three CMEs sweeps past our planet. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

spaceweather.com...

I do not see that second object (planet?) I posted about. Can someone PLEASE explain this to me?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Our White Star is having some gastro problems, otherwise known as a burp!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The video was uploaded on October 3. You are looking at October 4.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Not only that.
The youtube dude doesn't have the time right.
He says, "Monday October 3rd about 5:45 mountain standard time."

About the image he says, "The date is October 4th. Shortly after 35 UTC. So, this is the latest image." That would be 17:35 mountain time on the 3rd. But there's a problem. The image is from 10/03 15:06, which would have been 08:06 mountain standard time, about 9.5 hours before he made the video.

The "planet" appears in only that frame. It is not a planet, it is a cosmic ray strike. But since he can't tell time I guess it's asking him too much to know that.

edit on 10/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
for your visual enjoyment : a forward spike on a comet

got from here

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

For your edification. An optical illusion.

Part of the dust tail of a comet that seems to point, often like a spike, toward the Sun. This rare phenomenon is an illusion caused by the viewing geometry and typically occurs when Earth crosses the plane of a comet's orbit when the comet is relatively close to the Sun. Under these circumstances, the cometary dust, which lies in a thin sheet and lags behind the comet, may be seen edge-on as an antitail. One of the most prominent antitails ever seen was that of comet Arend-Roland during its perihelion passage in 1957.

From here:
www.daviddarling.info...

surftitan.blogspot.com...

apod.nasa.gov...
edit on 10/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

hmmm.

maybe. except that those explanations (and thats what they are) depend upon the ice/dust hypothesis... which we know is incorrect.

from link: "One of the most prominent antitails ever seen was that of comet Arend-Roland during its perihelion passage in 1957"

perihelion... hmmm.

this one is not so convinced

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

maybe. except that those explanations (and thats what they are) depend upon the ice/dust hypothesis... which we know is incorrect.

We do?

I thought that even the electric comet idea acknowledges that there are two types of comet tails (dust and ion). It's pretty hard to deny when they are often clearly visible. Seeing an antitail is just seeing the tails with a different perspective.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i dunno: based on the JPL model, its looks to me like the forward spike is not in the same plane as the comet orbital plane as seen from earth in 1957. (ugh..icky sentence that was)

can u make it work according to their 'explanation'?

JPL comet model

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

First, you can't use the applet.

The applet was implemented using 2-body methods, and hence should not be used for determining accurate long-term trajectories (over several years or decades) or planetary encounter circumstances.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Second, I don't really understand what you mean. How can you judge the "orbital plane" from the picture? You have no point of reference.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

can u show me where EU talks about dust tails vs ionic tails?

we just hypothesize dusty antitails cuz that makes sense in the context of an evaporation/gravity based theory.

the only thing we know for sure is that the images look as if the have forward spikes..or something.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join