It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by galactix

Exactly galactis. For many years scientists theorized comets were water. Now, its a fact they are not made up of water or frozen ice.

I tell you, people can't even look at the word THEORY and go humnnnn, yup an idea or thought and not fact. Then they take those ideas make them real in their heads..amazing..........

you are correct, we know next to nothing about celestial objects and how they interact with other objects. Heck science doesn't even know 1/10 of the earth..ROFLMAO...
edit on 4-10-2011 by TWISTEDWORDS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW
Aliens fired a planetary size missile at the sun to trigger the early release of a solar flare that would otherwise have burst out--as the sun rotated--sending the flare directly towards earth. NASA has a deal with the Aliens, they help protect earth...so NASA deletes the frames from the pics to hide the obvious Alien involvement.

That's plausible. seriously.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by Pauligirl

Well then jump in your star ship and try to reproduce something that just occurred in front of your eyes and for the record THIS IS NOT THE 1st TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED, it has happened hundreds of times on SOHO. So every time it happens eh its a coincidence?

Let me know how your experiment goes? Okay.....

Let's try this again.
Are you suggesting the comet went though the sun?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauli Girl

Anyone knows when you are doing simulation of effects on the Sun you use a watermelon, and a bullet would do almost the exact same thing as a comet 22, it is just common sense.
If it had been a really big comet or a bunch of smaller comets, you could use a 12 gage shot gun, to which the watermelon/ Sun, would be blown all to hell, simple as that.
Want me to draw you a pitcher.

edit on 4-10-2011 by googolplex because: e

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If an object impacted the sun and the sun has its own rotation wouldn't the discharge from the objects impact on the sun be at a different angle from the suns rotation. Since there was a 2 hour difference in the time from impact to the time of discharge.

Also wondering about the movement of the satellite which is recording the sun. Watching the stars movement in the backround I notice strange orbiting angles...stars not being consistent with normal cellestial rotation.

Both questions relate to one another being that the satellite cameras rotation or movement will effect the impact and discharge and also the stars positioning.

I want to know roughly the size of this object from best guesses and will there be any effects on earth from the CME discharged. Also does anybody know where the satellite was in relation to the earth so we know where the CME was directed.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

found the CNN thing :

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

[
Last time I checked sparky the SUN isn't a solid mass object, but here you go. It took two seconds to google that, what a mystery.

SUN Wikipedia

Yes but the density of the plasma is like iron, and plasma state
can be considered fluidic

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

reply to post by galactix

Exactly galactis. For many years scientists theorized comets were water. Now, its a fact they are not made up of water or frozen ice.

I tell you, people can't even look at the word THEORY and go humnnnn, yup an idea or thought and not fact. Then they take those ideas make them real in their heads..amazing..........

you are correct, we know next to nothing about celestial objects and how they interact with other objects. Heck science doesn't even know 1/10 of the earth..ROFLMAO...
edit on 4-10-2011 by TWISTEDWORDS because: (no reason given)

The difference between scientists and people here is that when additional data is found that contradicts a theory, the scientists will generally own up and accept it, expanding or rewriting their theories and knowledge of a subject, whereas here - with global warming for instance - data is only accepted when it appears to support a hypothesis, cherry-picked so it does, or ignored on the basis of where it comes from i.e. 'The Man'. That's the difference between science and the quasi-religious fundamentalism that infects many of the conspiracy mindset. 'Deny ignorance' doesn't mean 'deny everything'. 'Scepticism' doesn't mean 'question if black is white and get killed on the next pedestrian crossing'.

This thread is a perfect example: people far better educated, experienced and technically knowledgeable in astronomy and astrophysics than most here (with the possible exception of the posters who gave us video and photo files above) saw a comet hitting the sun, via direct observation of satellites. All the data they have leans towards that, but rather than accept that as the most likely truth, ATS members do what they do best - tell stories. The wilder and more unlikely the better, because that's apparently more fun than just saying 'yes a comet dived into the sun'. I must be weird, because I find the truth of the situation quite spectacular, without all the over-complex, under-explained, self-contradicatory, unsupported waffle on top.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Oh no my little friend, it is quite easy to calculate a linear line and I have done it. Then again I have taken physics classes and worked at a national laboratory working on satellites for deep space objects, what about you?

Cleaning the toilets does not count.
For someone who has supposedly studied physics you sure do spout some bull.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wh00pS

reply to post by Phage

Oh no my little friend, it is quite easy to calculate a linear line and I have done it. Then again I have taken physics classes and worked at a national laboratory working on satellites for deep space objects, what about you?

Cleaning the toilets does not count.
For someone who has supposedly studied physics you sure do spout some bull.

I think he meant he did 'work experience' when he was 15 at a national laboratory..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactix
reply to post by djz3ro

found the CNN thing :

i saw that but it was posted 11th of May, the guy wrote on the 2nd of October that CNN had just released something on their youtube channel, i would expect, if they had, to find it on their youtube channel and for it to be quite recent. I know it has been picked up in the past i was hoping for a more recent update though.

Thanks for this though

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FailedPlanetI want to know roughly the size of this object from best guesses and will there be any effects on earth from the CME discharged. Also does anybody know where the satellite was in relation to the earth so we know where the CME was directed.

A guess would be a couple of km or something, compare it to the known comet in my signature, it was maybe half the size of that one, which is known to be a few km across.

The CME wasn't earth bound, in fact, it was going the other way. There was a CME released just before impact, it was earthbound, we should see the effects of that in the next 12 hours or so, if there will be any.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

reply to post by djz3ro

found the CNN thing :

LOL because CNN isn't known for hypochrondriasm and false information.

Anything to keep the masses subdued and confused.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget

reply to post by djz3ro

found the CNN thing :

LOL because CNN isn't known for hypochrondriasm and false information.

Anything to keep the masses subdued and confused.

Oh that's right, make it look like a scotsman posted that, i see what you're doing.... nah, i'm only joking...

Actually i don't trust the MSM one bit (i don't watch TV or read newspapers), my point was that there is a site someone linked to a guy who seems to be on par with VanHelton in the strangeness stakes, he said on the 2nd that CNN had just released a new vid about this on their youtube channel, i was just interested to see what the latest update on it from the MSM was, i don't think there is a recent one though.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
reply to post by bottleslingguy

To me, this is one of the best replies on this thread. I like the way you think. It's so easy to get carried along with all this, and miss the important things. Bravo...

hmm.

E=mc^2

this formula doesn't say, E=m, does it?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

how big exactly was this "unusually large" sungrazer thing? I don't think its a dirty snowball. Was it an asteroid? The sun is on the fritz

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

The difference between scientists and people here is that when additional data is found that contradicts a theory, the scientists will generally own up and accept it, expanding or rewriting their theories and knowledge of a subject,

wrong. Thats what we would like to believe. The fact is that MOST people, weather scientists or not, skew their observations toward their ideas.

and radical ideas must go thru the denial and ridicule phase before they are accepted.

look up the development of the imaginary plane in mathematics..any of you heard of "Alice in wonderland"? It was written by a mathematician who was using the story to make fun of this new mathematical construct: the imaginary plane. This tool is used in the analysis of magnetic fields and is the origin of fractals.

twas first made fun of by those 'realistic' scientists.

an open mind is a rare thing.

just sayin'

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but APOD used this as their picture of the day. It shows the comet and the CME.

apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Agree with most of your comments except for the ATS telling stories well part. Most of the ATS members here are teenagers and not very good story tellers I can tell you from reading their posts. You can tell as they immediately fly off the handle and come up with some off the wall idea as to what occurred. Then you give them factual knowledge of events and they can't understand it as it goes against their hypothesis which can't be proven. Most posters here like to use "PUN" in their writings.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join