It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
People might play it down by saying "it's only a dirty snowball" or whatever gentle verbiage they wish to insert but anything the size of our planet, to me..... ain't mundane.

For me? This was Eleniin until proven otherwise! ( yeah, that's where I'm going with this, see?
)

Elenin -- before it broke up -- wasn't anywhere near "the size of our planet".

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Just clicked the link...looked at the same gif....its not on there...there is no object flying towards the sun.

CurrentC2.gif

Not a thing, nothing like whats shown in the video

I went to the website and looking at the video from Lasco I realized it was not possible to find any impact related to the video. Why? Here is the answer!

On the Youtube video posted when you go to the website he gave, you see the size of the video was 15 megabytes on the date of October 2nd when it was uploaded.

Then you go to the same website, same video and you look at it as being October 3rd and guess what? The size of the video has been changed. It is in fact 3 megabytes heavier, strange indeed. When you look at it, the impact of the comet or whatever it is is suddenly disappeared, gone !?

I would have put some personal pictures to prove you this ATSers but if there is a way to do this I did not figure that out. Help needed on this side.

Anyways, listen to the video see it and read the size of the original video on the date of October 2nd, then go to the website by yourself and search for the same video and read the size. The video and the size of the file is not consistent from October 2nd to the 3rd which means it has been edited.

Disclosure from TPTB, that is my opinion folks, just saying...

Thruthseek3r

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It looks to good to be true. I am sure some one will come around telling this was just this or that and wasnt that huge... But if it was real, there would be some implications including nibiru fan's screa
ming out loud: Weeeeeeeeeee !

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Human_Alien

Pretty awsome footage.

I'm curious though as to the actual size of the thing that hit the sun. It had to be bigger than earth to cause a reaction on the other side of the sun.

But I will admit ignorance to things as this and am still learning.

If an object the size of the Earth - and with its gravity - flew inside the orbit of Mercury you'd really know about it; for a start, it would have been many times larger than earth before the sun began to destroy it as it reached perhihelion. No one saw such a massive object, so it's pretty certain this is just a comet.

As the other video says, there most likely will be a flare hitting the Earth in a couple of days. How powerful it is remains to be seen. There's not much point - or motive - for NASA pretending it won't, as there are countless astronomical organisations and individual observers able to transmit that information regardless.
edit on 3-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: stuff

Forgive me for my total lack of knowledge in this particular field of science (was too busy being a rock star
) but is the nucleus of a comet typically, planet-size?

As far as 'transmitting' information.....I think short of smoke-signals, the government censors all modes of communication these days. So not so sure the 'information' would ever reach peons like us!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It looks like the files are updated daily as they now all have an oct 3 timestamp, hence we can't see the original files anymore. It looks real enough though I have no idea what it is/was. I would guess with my zero knowledge of such things that its some kind of asteroid/comet type object being pulled into the sun and the resulting "flare" coming out the other side.. Pretty impressive stuff and a good find OP.

Edit: Chatwickus just found it in another thread

edit on 3/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added edit

Edit: And freespirit1
edit on 3/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
That was a HUGE impact.

Wow.

(hides under the desk)

S&F

Duck...and cov-er!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karmayogi11
It looks to good to be true. I am sure some one will come around telling this was just this or that and wasnt that huge... But if it was real, there would be some implications including nibiru fan's screa
ming out loud: Weeeeeeeeeee !

Compared to the sun, nothing is really that big.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I think that was already established truthseek3r (do you know you spell your name wrong? thruth?)

But yeah....seems to be someone's rendition of this clip has been tampered with.
Hmmmmm, I'll go with NASA's!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Go to spaceweathers site. Its on the first page. Video and everything.

link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Or.... It's because the video file is not current anymore...

See how the links there are under CURRENT

Tomorrow will be October 4th videos.

It's still available here:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

edit on 3/10/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes I know my name spelled wrong (is there anyway to change it?) Anyways, I just had to bring in the proof behind the this had been edited because and sadly, without proofs, people do not believe that much (and for a reason).

Just something to rinse you eyes out there and see for yourself.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
Just found this on:

spaceweather.com...

Thanks for posting that.

It seems to confirm the animation in the YouTube video.

OiO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Compared to the sun, nothing is really that big.

Quite the contrary. Our Sun, for a star....is considered quite small!

(crappy photo. couldn't find a bigger resolution one. Last frame shows our Sun to the left)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I dont know what it was but good catch!

edit on 10/3/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
Are you trying to feed Phage?

I feel his presence. Hide, you fools!

Phage, Chadwick and Weed seem to have either telepathy or a buzzer system hooked up to certain key words. Because trust me, I don't feed them. They come scavenging!
(Right Phage, buddy o'mine?)

But in fairness, they present the balance (although I tend to think they're a little off-balance at times but....) without them, we'd all be in agreement where maybe, just maybe....we might be wrong. So at times (except for chemtrails) it's good to get an opposing point of view.

So they are a bitter-sweet presence here on ATS.

(how'd I do?)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The NAVY link is fascinating. I don't know however you obtained the directory link and their web-designer must not be very smart (is that surprising). Usually directory listings are blocked, so I'm really surprised why it's publicly accessible. I'm assuming that all GIFs are LIVE SUN view or slightly deferred, going by the date - using different filters.
Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Is this same thing as the vid up on space.com?

death diving comet

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Questions:
1.) How far is the sun away from us?
2.) How fast does a comet travel?
3.) How long did the comet or whatever that was take to impact the sun?

Answers:
1.) Approximately 93 MILLION miles from earth
2.) 40 miles per second (at it's closest point to the sun) A missle travels 14,000 mph.
3.) 13 seconds

Hypothesis:
BS. It was probably a missle that hit an object, in space...giving the illusion, as if it hit the sun. Correct me if i'm wrong....but the angle the U.F.O. (Unidentified Flying Object) was traveling, and the way the explosion occured, just doesn't make sense. The explosion should have come from the same direction the U.F.O. was traveling....not the opposite side.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So, what are we dealing with here? Possible solar storms? Lights out? Just curious.. I don't know too much about solar flares and such. What class solar flare would this fall under?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Human_Alien
People might play it down by saying "it's only a dirty snowball" or whatever gentle verbiage they wish to insert but anything the size of our planet, to me..... ain't mundane.

For me? This was Eleniin until proven otherwise! ( yeah, that's where I'm going with this, see?
)

Elenin -- before it broke up -- wasn't anywhere near "the size of our planet".

I have not seen one photo of Elenin that wasn't a million miles away. So I don't know how large it was.

NASA at best estimates. Guessimates. And for a bunch of scientists that we rely on, they've gotten a few things wrong such as, water (life!) on the Moon etc.

So if they aren't getting THAT right, I'm supposed to trust them in measuring a hurling comet?

Nah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join