It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
the economy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm gonna try and see if I can lift a car when that solar flare hits

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I think we will NEVER determine what that was, 'cause the ONLY data available comes from NASA and US military. I mean, who else has access to data from sun-observing space crafts??? So doesn't matter if that was an alien plasma weapon, a DARPA missile or a rogue planet. The official explanation is "That was a comet". Everything different than that, will be promptly refuted and ridiculed by the online shills.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
comet nothing more... still cool.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sure looked like Nirubu to me. I guess we don't have to worry about it any more. It will be great not having any more doom threads on Nirubu.

link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by mikemck1976
I found this after I saw this thread...
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

A bright comet headed right towards the Sun and disintegrated (Oct. 2, 2011). It was a sungrazing comet of the type known as a Kreutz sungrazer and a particularly bright one at that. There is not a definitive orbit calculated for it yet, but most sungrazing comets have orbits that take them very close to the Sun without actually quite hitting it. However, getting so close almost always destroys these comets, so we see them going in, but not going back out.The question of whether a sungrazing comet can somehow trigger a coronal mass ejection is an intriguing one. So far, the feeling is that apparent relationship between some comets and some mass ejections is simply one of co-incidence. At this stage of the solar cycle, the Sun is producing many mass ejections--in fact there were several earlier in the day--and it probably just happened by chance that one of them was around the same time as the approach of the comet. Some researchers have been looking for a more direct relationship, but nothing as yet has come out of these efforts.

There you have it folks, straight from NASA and SOHO website.
No conspiracy here.

You always believe in everything NASA says???
Not always. But I can’t discredit everything they say ether.

link   

Originally posted by MoparDanno

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Mystery Over

The Object that hit the sun is...... ~DISATER AREA~ The Revival Tour

Froody man... Froody. Has Hotblack been resurrected yet?

And for the OP, it is very difficult to tell the actual size of objects on those SOHO images because they are so sensitive to glow or corona. So the size of the object you are seeing in the image is actually the size of the coma and tail most likely, not the actual size of the nucleus of the comet. If I remember correctly, wasnt the coma of the smallish Elenin comet about 200,000km? So using that as a comparison, I would say that the "look" of this video, while spectacular visually from a size point of view, is somewhat misleading.

Now for the CME on the backside of the "impact". I am beginning to like the electric universe theory more and more. It sure seems to explain alot that the standard model does not seem too.

Danno

Pardon me. I don't mean to go off-topic but would the Electric Universe theory (which I lean towards) go against any of Einsteins' theories? It would be more like quantum mechanics than relativity, right?

Even though I don't understand, I love considering it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Your mum.

Ok? Bet stuff slams into the sun all the time.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hey look its Human_Alien....ATS's #1 doomsayer. Please OP do some reading about space if you are so interested and learn facts, science, and STOP preaching pseudo doomsday science.
You give conspiracy theorists a bad look.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

You said what I didn't have the patience or time to write. Lerl.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
That is one enormous comet, is it not? I read, that in July, something similar happened? Was that thing the size of this thing?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Want to sub to this thread fascinating.
The object looks as large as planet.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

Tectonic plates moving causes earth quakes. When a plate shifts earth quakes happen. This isn't rocket science.

But SOMETHING makes the plates move.

The core? Maybe
Does the core have a relationship with gravity? Maybe
With the Sun? Maybe
With electromagnet fields? Maybe

To say it just 'moves' is not only incomplete, it's asinine!

'Rocket science' as you put it, will be mocked in another 25 years.
We will look like the Flintstones playing in a Jetson world (with nuclear weapons to boot!)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

no, blurry pics of planes labelled as alien ships give conspiracy theorists a bad name. People claiming to be channeling Jesus give them a bad name. People claiming that time is shifting because they can "just feel it" give them a bad name. Human_alien posted a vid that nasa felt compelled to remove that showed a very impressive collision/cme, and asked for input on what it could be. this is by far one of the mildest threads on here. It is rude repliers, IMHO, that give this place a bad name.
edit on 3-10-2011 by chrissiel123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the only way into the sun carnival is to fly right in.
that was a spaceship flying into the coolest place in the galaxy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This post will show how little I know about Astronomy. Here's my question:

In the video, we're viewing the entire Sun, which is HUGE, and probably many thousands of miles of empty space around the Sun. How can an object travel from the edge of the video into the Sun in less than 3 seconds? Can a large object travel at thousands of miles Per Second?!?!
-cwm

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
That is one enormous comet, is it not? I read, that in July, something similar happened? Was that thing the size of this thing?

It depends who you're asking

Of course this thing (appears?) was huge!
Like the saying goes: Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!
That's what I feel like I am up against with some of these ATS arm-chair scientists who say:
"It's just a small comet" and "the CME has nothing to do with impact" and "this is nothing. happens all the time'

I don't know. I MUST be a glutton or an a**hole to keep making threads like this!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What are the chances of a comet/asteroid hitting the sun? Now, what are the chances of Earth being also hit by the same?Just posing that question out?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

I found this after I saw this thread...
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

A bright comet headed right towards the Sun and disintegrated (Oct. 2, 2011). It was a sungrazing comet of the type known as a Kreutz sungrazer and a particularly bright one at that. There is not a definitive orbit calculated for it yet, but most sungrazing comets have orbits that take them very close to the Sun without actually quite hitting it. However, getting so close almost always destroys these comets, so we see them going in, but not going back out.The question of whether a sungrazing comet can somehow trigger a coronal mass ejection is an intriguing one. So far, the feeling is that apparent relationship between some comets and some mass ejections is simply one of co-incidence. At this stage of the solar cycle, the Sun is producing many mass ejections--in fact there were several earlier in the day--and it probably just happened by chance that one of them was around the same time as the approach of the comet. Some researchers have been looking for a more direct relationship, but nothing as yet has come out of these efforts.

There you have it folks, straight from NASA and SOHO website.
No conspiracy here.

You always believe in everything NASA says???
Not always. But I can’t discredit everything they say ether.

But if I know, and YOU know that they lie their a**** off because they are an agency submitted to corporate-military interest and by this reason they NEVER would tell anything, to let people thinking about the possibility of that thing have been a secret weapon, an alien device or a rogue planet, IMO is quite awkward keep saying that it was a comet and that CME had nothing to do with it. That's something that only the shills of NASA and US government, would say.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

The chances are high that a comet will strike the Sun. A lot of gravity there.
It happens fairly often.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

The chances are low that a comet will strike the Earth. Hasn't happened for quite a while, since the Tunguska event...possibly.

edit on 10/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join