It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by mikemck1976
I found this after I saw this thread...
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

A bright comet headed right towards the Sun and disintegrated (Oct. 2, 2011). It was a sungrazing comet of the type known as a Kreutz sungrazer and a particularly bright one at that. There is not a definitive orbit calculated for it yet, but most sungrazing comets have orbits that take them very close to the Sun without actually quite hitting it. However, getting so close almost always destroys these comets, so we see them going in, but not going back out.The question of whether a sungrazing comet can somehow trigger a coronal mass ejection is an intriguing one. So far, the feeling is that apparent relationship between some comets and some mass ejections is simply one of co-incidence. At this stage of the solar cycle, the Sun is producing many mass ejections--in fact there were several earlier in the day--and it probably just happened by chance that one of them was around the same time as the approach of the comet. Some researchers have been looking for a more direct relationship, but nothing as yet has come out of these efforts.

There you have it folks, straight from NASA and SOHO website.
No conspiracy here.

You always believe in everything NASA says???

(Directly copied from spaceweather.com)

Watch the movie again. The timing of the CME so soon after the comet dove into the sun suggests a link. But what? There is no known mechanism for comets to trigger solar explosions.

The timing of the CME is flawless synchronized with the impact of that object. So, IMO these are possibilities that can't be dismissed by any person with good sense:

a) There is no known (by men) mechanism for comets to trigger solar explosions.
b) That was no comet.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Spaceweather gave us an easy grab on this thing, and the run-up either yesterday, or the day before. I suppose it would not be speculating to say this thing behaved like a bullet and had to be pretty big. It will give all and sundry something to think about. Maybe one thing would be a model to how much matter the Sun accretes, and how much was 'lost' in that impact, or even that how this thing, (that behaved much like a comet) and obviously broke up easily, made such a bullet like impact on the 'Exit' side. Meh!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Until your thread came along, it was a comet.

But now it seems you've managed to muddy the waters with BS and rhetoric.

Nice work.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
thanks for the post! I was in class today and saw this vid on another forum (that has banned my home IP - still check it out now and then for laughs) and was thinking a post should be on here about this! It is an awesome vid, with only three possibilities:
1) a huge comet slamed the sun causing a huge emission
2) a huge comet slammed the sun at the same time as a huge emission
3) it was photoshopped.

I think it very interesting that the vid has been edited on nasa's site. Very very odd. Very interesting too! I am looking forward to everyone's thoughts on this one!
thanks again

Hey you! How's Amanda?

Don't let someone here tell you what this is or how big is wasn't. Because the same person will tell you those checker-board trails overhead are nothing but air traffic contrails.

So.....some people just like to pretend they know everything.

I don't believe this was a small dirty snowball.
I do believe the latter CME was a direct result of this impacting the Sun.

I am NOT sure why this didn't dissolve or disintegrate like Elenin supposedly did.

I am not sure how some 'frozen' comets stay intact long enough to come in contact with a 25-million degree star. That kind of science boggles my mind.

I think in 100 years from now, our 'modern' science will be laughed at. Just a hunch.
I also am not one who is convinced this WAS a comet cause
I like to keep an open mind to unexplained events! And this, is one!

Good to see you!
edit on 3-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

If it was a missle it would have blown up way before it got to the sun unless we have constructed a material to withstand the heat of the sun. To my knowledge we don't have such a technology. So this theory is absurd. It being anything other than a comet would be astounding. The solar flare is pretty intense, but doesn't warrant exaggerated claims of missiles.
edit on 3-10-2011 by crohny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought
lol wow are some of you really saying OMG THEY EDITED THE FOOTAGE!!!!??!?!

just FYI those are real time Gif's. The gif in question was from OCT 1 - 2. Today is OCT 3rd....of course you won't see the same footage. It's PAST OCT 1- 2.

Geez guys we're trying to deny ignorance here not promote it.

No wonder people think conspiracy theorist are crazy, because half of the preachers of conspiracies out there are just quick to jump the gun on every little thing and give out false info.

you're right about it being real time footage, however if you'd watched the whole video on the OP you would have learned that, even on the military site, the footage skips from around 0800 to 1300, so there have been bits taken out of it, so yes it has been edited, Maybe you should watch things properly before you jump on peoples backs and make youself look silly!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

haha! That thread pretty much died last night, with the exception of a few final twitches of agony!

As for this thread - i do know the "comet" does not have to be the size we see, because of the coma and the type of camera - but that is all i know. I am enjoying this thread.
good to see you around too.
you heartless ...what were we called? oh i have forgotten already. Couldn't have been important! lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I still think it was Pluto. Uranus and Neptune said Pluto had been pretty despondent since being demoted from its previous status as a planet. Pluto also had been suffering from Nibiru envy.

I personally would buy into that Electric Universe theory before I'd believe the thing was a missile or that CME's coinciding with comet impacts are due to something fake or odd in the composition of the sun. But who knows? It will take a lot more observation to determine anything for certain.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I looked on the net...and comet's etc. hitting the sun periodically is a normal event. Some of the video's are awesome.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Until your thread came along, it was a comet.

But now it seems you've managed to muddy the waters with BS and rhetoric.

Nice work.

Me? You're giving away WAY too much power.

I am keeping an open mind.
There are posts on this thread that say comets are 'small'

I personally disagree because to me and half the Internet watching world, this looked enormous. So that rules out comet, right?

Is it you want us to simply manipulate the facts to fit the theory? Which seems to be what you and yours are doing.

This is ATS conspiracy forum, right? Whew! I thought for a minute, by the way I disappointed you, I logged onto BA in error!

Carry on..........................

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Tectonic plates moving causes earth quakes. When a plate shifts earth quakes happen. This isn't rocket science.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Mystery Over

The Object that hit the sun is...... ~DISATER AREA~ The Revival Tour

Froody man... Froody. Has Hotblack been resurrected yet?

And for the OP, it is very difficult to tell the actual size of objects on those SOHO images because they are so sensitive to glow or corona. So the size of the object you are seeing in the image is actually the size of the coma and tail most likely, not the actual size of the nucleus of the comet. If I remember correctly, wasnt the coma of the smallish Elenin comet about 200,000km? So using that as a comparison, I would say that the "look" of this video, while spectacular visually from a size point of view, is somewhat misleading.

doh! Phage and a couple others beat me to the punch on the size issue

Now for the CME on the backside of the "impact". I am beginning to like the electric universe theory more and more. It sure seems to explain alot that the standard model does not seem too.

Danno
edit on 10/3/2011 by MoparDanno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Its been shown and proven that the coma of a comet can be huge. Making the comet look far larger than it is. That exaggerated size could also occur due to it burning up as it approaches the sun. It would definitely be glowing as it burns up.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

If it was a missle it would have blown up way before it got to the sun unless we have constructed a material to withstand the heat of the sun. To my knowledge we don't have such a technology. So this theory is absurd. It being anything other than a comet would be astounding. The solar flare is pretty intense, but doesn't warrant exaggerated claims of missiles.
edit on 3-10-2011 by crohny because: (no reason given)

You think the ISS is all we have out there? If so then I can see why you feel this might be absurd.

If the government hides things from us here on Earth (like Area 51, as a very small example) all under the guise of national security, you don't think this applies to space???

What we know and what is REALLY going on are two different things. That's probably the best advice I can give you without any proof.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You'll all have to excuse my ignorance when it comes to CME's, but the very few videos I've seen of them occuring, this one didn't look like one. It looked like an explosion.

This imo, was an impact and explosion. The exiting energy was directly opposite, where the comet/whatever it was (looked like) impacted the sun.

Whatever that thing was, it was huge. Even if that was mostly showing tail and an increased magnitude due to being so close to the sun, the mass of that thing was humungous in size, if you look at it in relation to the sun.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

Its been shown and proven that the coma of a comet can be huge. Making the comet look far larger than it is. That exaggerated size could also occur due to it burning up as it approaches the sun. It would definitely be glowing as it burns up.

Fair enough! Thanks

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
How come no one is commenting on the OTHER explosion/CME moments before this "small-comet" impact?
Does the Sun often get sucker-punched with a right then a left, like this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Originally posted by Karmayogi11
It looks to good to be true. I am sure some one will come around telling this was just this or that and wasnt that huge... But if it was real, there would be some implications including nibiru fan's screa
ming out loud: Weeeeeeeeeee !

Compared to the sun, nothing is really that big.

If the star called Betelgeuse, (pronounced Beetlejuice), which is in the constellation Orion, was put in the position of our sun it would reach all the way out to Jupiter.

I think THAT is slightly bigger than our sun.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
You'll all have to excuse my ignorance when it comes to CME's, but the very few videos I've seen of them occuring, this one didn't look like one. It looked like an explosion.

This imo, was an impact and explosion. The exiting energy was directly opposite, where the comet/whatever it was (looked like) impacted the sun.

Whatever that thing was, it was huge. Even if that was mostly showing tail and an increased magnitude due to being so close to the sun, the mass of that thing was humungous in size, if you look at it in relation to the sun.

I totally agree there's a connection. C'mon. Just how dumb-down are we supposed to get?

We see something careening towards the Sun, plummet into the Sun and with a nano-second,the Sun erupts. And YET....we are to believe, they were separate incidents?

Puh-lease!

I predict at least a 7.m earthquake by Thursday.
Call in a hunch!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Some comets are small, some comets are large, some have large coronas, some will have small coronas, some will get pulled into the sun, some won't.

Did you know that there are about 10 comets visible right now from earth?

Did you know that comets hit the sun on a regular basis?

Perhaps a quick search of YOUTUBE is in order?

The majority aren't bright enough to be seen but every now and then we get a bright enough one, we even know what comet group it came from, Kreutz. We even know what direction Kreutz comets come from each month too.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

To call people "ego driven" for understanding these things is pathetic.

Yeah this is a conspiracy forum, not a gullible, ignorant fools forum, to ignore the overwhelming evidence that this is a comet is closed minded at best.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join