It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will Bring back the Respect, Love, Courtesy and Intelligence of life that there used to be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Don't do anything for the next 2 minutes and 50 seconds.....

Just press play on the video below by Scott McKenzie and enjoy the love that comes out at you through the screen visuals and the music....

I was only 2 years old when this was released and I am now 46 years old. But even when I was growing up as a teenager there was the odd fight and argument just like other generations, life was relatively calmer, more courteous, respectful and more enjoyable than what the world is today. Songs had meaning, melody and musicianship and words that meant something to you at the time.

I am glad I was born when I was and not in today's stressed out world of incessant and pointless media that encourages people to go out and consume, consume, consume utter garbage that they have no need of.

Please bring back the respect, love, courtesy, intelligence of life that there used to be, and all the other good things in life......

Let's hope for change....

Somebody, somewhere, some young person or people, stand up and declare that you have had enough and that love is the greatest thing mixed in with respect, courtesy and all the good things in life. Don't let all the media crap fill your .s and lead you away from what life should really be about...

Who is gonna make that change?

Is it you?

Go on, do it..................................

edit on 3-10-2011 by davethebear because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Dear davethebear,

This is one the the top 3 sad posts I've seen. There are a couple of reasons for that. One, is that no one is responding in any way to your insightful diagnosis of the problems facing the world.

Two, is that this strikes me as the cry of a man in the desert for water, or in the Arctic for warmth. It's just not there.

How can we allow children to go through school learning nothing, and then expect intelligence?

How can we encourage children to rebel, and then expect respect?

How can we surround them with anger, divorce, and violence, and then expect love and courtesy?

How can we teach them that they have to find their own values and mock religion, and then expect them to know right from wrong?

There is some good, but enough?

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

join