It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the S ever HTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Here on ATS, a scenario talked about often is the SHTF. Right now, with our financial system it's obvious our current system is broken and corrupt beyond repair. It NEEDS to collapse to establish a more fair and just system. Yet, it seems like our politicians are determined to kick the can down the road as long as possible and it could be another 40 years before we actually have a financial collapse, if we actually do have one.

Call me crazy, but I'm rooting for a collapse, because it would allow a more just and true system to emerge and perhaps finally awake people to the corruption of the world. Money should not be connected to whether people can eat or drink or survive. We need to have a resource based economy where basic necessities are freely distributed and people work towards the common good, not to work jobs to pay the bills and eat. Call me an idealist, but this is the system I envision. Yet, everyday people get up and act like things are normal as politicians and bankers piss away our future. Every day I come here to ATS and see more predictions about TSHTF yet none of them ever come true.

So ATS, will the S ever HTF or will the world keep chugging along like it has for centuries?
edit on 3-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I was talking to my dad last night at dinner and I asked him what he thought of the whole debt ceiling issue and he, being a hardcore republican, said that it was too bad that the system didn't collapse back in august and that he knows people who live off nothing but social security. Said that when the government can no longer provide that "safety net" for people, that only then, when people start to fall through the net will they see. We who have jobs, who can afford to pay rent, mortgage whatever are all somewhat blinded by the money that we have NOW. These people are protesting all over the country because they know that the money they depend on is running out, and fast.

I think the S will HTF. no clue when
edit on 3-10-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I agree, there needs to be a short sharp shock to redress the imbalance and put an end to the corrupt system that is so easily manipulated.
Yes the S will HTF.
They just keep moving the fan backwards.
And they will keep moving it until they hit a wall.
It will happen.
And it won't be pretty.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
For those of us who may not know... What does SHTF mean?

It's a little hard to say if it will if we don't know what it is

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots

lmgtfy.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

The [feces] hitting the fan. Essentially bad stuff happening times 100.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Oh. It definitely won't. At least not anytime soon.

Look at how long people have been predicting doom and gloom for... And how many times has it actually happened?

Look at the ones promoting these types of thoughts. A lot of them have some sort of vested interest in survival supplies or some sort of related advertising. In other words, they profit from making people think that things are about to get really bad any second now.

Eventually everything will "end", but we won't see the kind of global collapse that people like to think.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The S won't HTF, but I'll bet you an Amero that by may 2012 the Globe will BEGGING for a NWO, and those demanding a change will get it, it is already written.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The powers in charge have been frantically supporting a soft landing over the last few years. A hard landing was supposed to happen in 2008 and only prevented by not so failed banks taking over unquestionably failed banks, and suspending the mark to market rule for bank assets. Most banks would fail today if their assets were valued at market value. After changing the rules for what qualifies banks as solvent, the central bank then gave banks trillions of dollars in liquidity injections. Once that was done, governments decided to solve debt problems by spending trillions more, all in an effort to avoid a hard landing.

There is no recovery, there's only an illusion. The can of 'hard landing' has been kicked down the road. But as economist Herbert Stien once said, 'If something cannot continue forever, it will stop.'.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The S is going to HTF sooner than most think, or realize.
The S is right around the corner..
and will soon HTF.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

Forget S hitting the F. What will happen for sure is Amerika and most of the West dying a slow and painful death. Rejoice!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

A fair question with barely enough text, so SnF.

It's a bit like waiting for water to boil isn't it ? If you stand there and watch for it. Seems like it takes for ever.
I look at it like this though. It's a good way to sloiw time down. Just imagine, me.

Randyvious Astrocometus ! Master of time !

edit on 3-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
this is how i see it playing out , Gold hits an all time low the dollar is worth less than 60 cents, Greece fails, the wall street sit in becomes nation wide, that has started, and the the EURO, is less than the USD. good times a head, trust no one, see all, know nothing, but the will to over come what is coming.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Open your eyes and look around. It is already hitting the fan, just a shovelful at a time..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Here on ATS, a scenario talked about often is the SHTF. Right now, with our financial system it's obvious our current system is broken and corrupt beyond repair. It NEEDS to collapse to establish a more fair and just system. Yet, it seems like our politicians are determined to kick the can down the road as long as possible and it could be another 40 years before we actually have a financial collapse, if we actually do have one.

Call me crazy, but I'm rooting for a collapse, because it would allow a more just and true system to emerge and perhaps finally awake people to the corruption of the world. Money should not be connected to whether people can eat or drink or survive. We need to have a resource based economy where basic necessities are freely distributed and people work towards the common good, not to work jobs to pay the bills and eat. Call me an idealist, but this is the system I envision. Yet, everyday people get up and act like things are normal as politicians and bankers piss away our future. Every day I come here to ATS and see more predictions about TSHTF yet none of them ever come true.

So ATS, will the S ever HTF or will the world keep chugging along like it has for centuries?
edit on 3-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

I agree let it crash so we can start over. They can keep trying to kick the can down the street, yet as the citizens fall into economic distress and our money is not there to pad their pockets it crashes. Today Dow is down 258, 10661, tick tock-tick tock. I just hope people don't start rioting when ot does happen...tick tock.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots

SHTF=Sht Hit The Fan
edit on 3-10-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I see some event happening sooner or later that will mandate implementing a new world order (one was effectively done post WWII) and global government with a global type of economy, currency and banking system. The current system and its extraordinary imbalanes are what is giving justification to a new paradigm in finance and economic models. The disruption that needs to occur could well be a SHTF scenario. It could take some time, continued deterioration of conditions until a collapse, or something more dramatic to trigger an event, or a series of smaller events to create a perfect storm that will finally lead to a collapse of the world financial markets or economies, at least to the point where social and political chaos ensues and we need a nwo under the auspices of global governance to rectify the situation and rebuild. To me, from here this would signal biblical events unfolding for the future of the earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist...To me, from here this would signal biblical events unfolding for the future of the earth.
Makes you wonder, one biblical reference is not to Gold or wealth, but to 'Money' - 'Money is the root of all evil'.

Another biblical item oft referenced is the 'Beast with Seven heads and Ten horns', would that biblical reference be to the financial system of banks and families or the G7?

edit on 3-10-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join