It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the President can kill whoever he wants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here's a video that I found on the Daily Paul. In it, there are many people discussing Obama's recent assassination of an American citizen. They talk about how it violates the 5th amendment, what implications that has, and so on.

IMO Obama should be impeached immediately for this.

"If this could become standard operating procedure, and a permanent precedent is established, let me assure you that this abuse of the law will spread." -- Ron Paul

edit on 3-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

americans:
please form a group and perform citizens arrests on your leaders.
bushes, obama, clinton and the rest
all need to be in jail

hell if i can go to jail for having a tiny bit of green.
they can rot in jail for mass slaughter and everything else they try so hard to hide

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Isn't it interesting that it is members of his own party that are calling him out on this and not so much the Republicans voicing their discontent? There are exceptions of course but for the most part. Do the friggin Dems have to do everything where ethics and fair play are involved...even criticize themselves?

I think the Dems should give it a break.
Let the GOP bring it up and hammer away at it.
This will be the first issue they get right.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

americans:
all need to be in jail

they can rot in jail for mass slaughter and everything else they try so hard to hide

Yeah... lets arrest the public servants. NOT.

Altogether they do not have the wealth that is really behind this deception.
They are only pawns and all relatively speaking, POOR SLOBS THEMSELVES.
Who doesn't recognize this?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Not to defend too much but it is not the President it is the Military and his position as commander that is responsible for the targeting and taking out of terrorists. We are in a war.

Are all our soldiers guilty of murder of innocent Iraqi and Afghans too?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nobody complained about presidential execution orders in this past 240 years. Why is everyone complaining now?
edit on 3-10-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by UniverSoul

americans:
all need to be in jail

Yeah... lets arrest the public servants. NOT.

Altogether they do not have the wealth that is really behind this deception.
They are only pawns and all relatively speaking, POOR SLOBS THEMSELVES.
Who doesn't recognize this?

Ah, If only I could be a Poor Slob, like one of them.

But unfortunately, I'm just a poor slob...well, not exactly poor, but not rich either...or a slob.

The biggest problem with DC is there is no longer accountability or responsibility. The few that do have these qualities are made irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I wish I could watch this.

I've been discussing this issue with a friend who is a rabid Obama supporter. He does not understand the magnitude of this event and the precedent that it sets. Try and try as I might I cannot make him see how dangerous this is. He of course believes the official 9/11 story and always argues for the government if you suggest that a conspiracy or scandal may exist. We are a couple of tip-toe steps away from full blown corporo-fascism and still people refuse to see it!

There are some cases where "gray areas" are unacceptable. This is one of those situations. Either we give everyone, citizen or otherwise, a day in court to plead their case or we allow state sponsored murder. There is no middle ground here.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have simply resigned myself to the fact that the America you thought you once had is plainly no more.

America might be just as dangerous now as the rest of the world...

Good luck... It's all about self reliance now...

edit on 3-10-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The problem with DC is that the deck is stacked against the middle class and the poor to begin with and in favor of the wealthy at every step and all along the way.

They have laws that apply to only them, punishments that apply to only them.

Most thieves spend time in jail unless you are working on Wall Street.

Different set of rules. Even "stealing" has a different definition.

The poor pay monthly RENT for permission to live and eat and care for themselves on the earth and they pay it to THE RICH.

The RICH pay no rent because they OWN the house and yet those least able to afford it pay the most.
The poor can never get ahead because the wealthy already have a lock on all their cash.

A poor man who makes nothing will pay $1000 a month rent...$52,000 a year and a rich man won't EVEN pay that in taxes much less to LIVE and just keep a roof over their head. A poor man will pay $500 four or five times through out their lives for a fridge where a rich person will pay $1000 once and buy one.

Is it right that Manufacturers are able to design an inferior and inadequate product for the poor. Don't we all deserve the same degree of INTEGRITY?

UNTIL THAT EQUITY IS REACHED THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A DISPARITY.
People need to respect the poor as well as the rich since we are all in this together.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Not to defend too much but it is not the President it is the Military and his position as commander that is responsible for the targeting and taking out of terrorists. We are in a war.

A war that we started, by any realistic accounting. How long have we been overthrowing their elected governments and installing/enabling cruel regimes (see Iran since the 50s, Iraq since the 80s, etc.)?

How long have we been bombing their countries, leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of their civilians, and how long have we been scattering our depleted uranium all over their nations leading to the miscarriage and malformed birth of thousands of children (see Iraq since the 1990s and our modern intervention)?

When do we own up to our own complicity and aggression in the whole mess? Because we're americans, nothing we do is ever wrong, despite how atrocious on the face, and how horrendous the results?

Are all our soldiers guilty of murder of innocent Iraqi and Afghans too?

When soldiers are involved in the killing, rapes, maiming, and so forth of civilians in the countries they're illegally occupying, yes, as should anyone else involved with such debacles and human rights violations.

Take care.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
Nobody complained about presidential execution orders in this past 240 years. Why is everyone complaining now?
edit on 3-10-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

I'll tell you why...

"It is our mission to see this is a one term President." Mitch Mc Connel...head warlock.

edit on 3-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Of course they are - It was a rhetorical question.

What I am saying is pick an ideology and stick with it.
Don't go wavering between them for political expediency.
edit on 3-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

I have never heard about any American citizens being executed without due process of law until this. Maybe Waco? What are you referring to?

Now I know assassinations are nothing new to the federal government, the CIA and FBI sure as hell aren't classifying documents about picnics and trips to the carnival, but this is the first time I've heard about a pubilcally announced execution of a citizen ordered by the President.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

20+ years ago the idea of assassinations being carried out (not on US citizens .... yet) against foreign leaders was shot down by (I think..correct me if wrong) GHW Bush.

Because they (he) realized that those little zingers can fly both ways.

Now, the media is openly endorsing the idea (except for Judge Napolitano et al), and much of the public is jumping on the bandwagon.

Anyone ever heard of "Blowback"????

Jeez, if these (terrorists and assorted "bad people") were dangerous and mad at US before, think about it now that we have proclaimed assassination as "Official Policy" , and it is well treated by the "press".

Maybe GWHB was right about one thing???

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Praetorius

Of course they are - It was a rhetorical question.

What I am saying is pick an ideology and stick with it.
Don't go wavering between them for political expediency.

Ah. Agreed very much then on both counts, my apologies.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
YES!!!! Finally.
It appears that a light bulb has come on over the head of Dems. To preach to people about the illegal wars of Bush, the illegal actions and so on, and not to bring this up would be an atrocity.
At least they are getting one thing right.

In hopes that Obama is impeached over this?
Yeah, right

He will be coddled, protected and anyone attacking him will be labeled a racist.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Oh good. Let's stick up for an Al Qaeda operative. I thought that not liking terrorists and killing them was a good thing.

Oh that's right. I forgot, ever since Obama became president, the political right turned anti war all of a sudden and are aghast at the idea of indefinite detention, torture, or killing people, (even though just a couple years ago killing these people was the highlight of a right wingers day.)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Oh good. Let's stick up for an Al Qaeda operative. I thought that not liking terrorists and killing them was a good thing.
I agree with you. You know what else is a good thing? The Constitution. I like the 5th Amendment, what about you? I'm not sticking up for an Al Qaeda operative, I'm sticking up for the Constitution that specifically states that a person shall not be deprived of life without due process of law.

Oh that's right. I forgot, ever since Obama became president, the political right turned anti war all of a sudden and are aghast at the idea of indefinite detention, torture, or killing people, (even though just a couple years ago killing these people was the highlight of a right wingers day.)
I don't associate myself with a political party, I'm not a fan of the whole left/right paradigm. What I'm "aghast" at is the Constitution being repetitively crapped on by our government while most people don't seem to care.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

While every bone in my body screams that it was the right thing to do, it goes against the 5th.

I won't shed a tear for him, but I am worried as to what path this leads towards.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join