It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats George Soros got to do with Occupy WallStreet Movement? Lets find The TRUTH

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
reply to post by xuenchen

Ah, the old Soros is a Nazi collaborator bs.... Do you guys never get tired of spouting that sort of mindless stupidity? Soros saved his own life and many other lifes by pretending to not be jewish at the age of 13, I guess you would just march up to the gas chamber, right?

And slamming the guy just for being jewish is really acctual antisemitism, unlike criticism of Israel.

And the small crumb he has donated to charity is in reality 8 billion dollars... Ofcourse that is just crums compared to the charity the US war machine spends on "liberating" opressed people.

For the record,

I'm not slamming the guy for being Jewish now am I.

re-read the post.

and why would anybody just march up to the gas chamber ?

You seem to be the one over reacting.

It must be a natural defence wall protecting some kind of illness ?

Soros was thirteen years old in March 1944 when Nazi Germany occupied Hungary. Soros took a job with the Jewish Council, which had been established during the Nazi occupation of Hungary to carry out Nazi and Hungarian government anti-Jewish measures.

Hmmmm

How does that make anyone else anti-semitic ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Soros is clearly involved in the OWS efforts.

That's what the OP is about.

Please clear your throat and give us some positive points about Soros' "contributions" to this latest fiasco.

YOUR opinion counts too !!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

One of your point is that Soros is a Jew from a Hungarian family, I don't see waht that has to do with anything, but it might just be me reading a bit to much into your post.
But, calling him a Nazi collaborator borders on stupidity no matter how you choose to twist and turn.

And again I'd like to point out that the crumbs he has donated to charity is well over 8 billion dollars.

If Soros or TOSf has backed up #occupywallstreet in any way that is positive in my eyes.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

One of your point is that Soros is a Jew from a Hungarian family, I don't see waht that has to do with anything, but it might just be me reading a bit to much into your post.
But, calling him a Nazi collaborator borders on stupidity no matter how you choose to twist and turn.

And again I'd like to point out that the crumbs he has donated to charity is well over 8 billion dollars.

If Soros or TOSf has backed up #occupywallstreet in any way that is positive in my eyes.

very well.

i'll retract anything Nazi and Jewish from referals to Soros.

the wiki link has all that, and Soros himself has acknowledged these things in interviews etc.

I have pointed to a few "negatives" about Soros' involvment with OWS (financial agendas, etc).

A few detailed "positives" may help the cause ..... ?

for those who may not know what "TOSf" is, please explain.

tia.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I can't really see that you have pointed to any "negatives" on Soros possible backing of #occupywallstreet, you have pointed to some, in your opinion, negatives of Soros' way of making buisness.

I am a suporter of #occupywallstreet, so obviously financial backing of any kind of this movement is positive in my eyes.

And yet again... How exactly is giving 8 billion dollars to charity just crumbs?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by mistermonculous

I find it highly suspicious that there are only 17 comments on this page after 7 days. Seems like there should be pages of comments.

Seems like. Anyone else notice a proliferation of these sorts of dummy sites popping up in the last few days? Throwing the inquisitive types off the scent, as far as I can tell. You'd think they could afford more shill-bots.
edit on 3-10-2011 by mistermonculous because: flurp.

ATS lost a BIG TIME investigator into the crap that is Sorros.
That really is a big reason why there has not been the same responses.

But, it is very plain to see that Sorros has his hands in many different pots, one being the down fall of the US markets.

He has proclaimed many time himself to bringing down Govts. It is very well known, and he is not at all bothered by it.

Strange isn't it? One of the leading people who investigated Soro's gets the boot from ats.
Without a doubt in my mind Soros has his hands all up in the wall street situation.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I can't really see that you have pointed to any "negatives" on Soros possible backing of #occupywallstreet, you have pointed to some, in your opinion, negatives of Soros' way of making buisness.

I am a suporter of #occupywallstreet, so obviously financial backing of any kind of this movement is positive in my eyes.

And yet again... How exactly is giving 8 billion dollars to charity just crumbs?

OK, i'll bite nibble again.

what 8 billion dollars ?
and what was it used for?

re-read my posts on this thread (and others)

p.s. you need a bigger minnow.

the hook is fine however.

you need to provide some genuine material.

the OP is looking for answers.

I too support the OWS effort and theme, but not the backdoor financial agendas.

why all the secrecy?

maybe there is a higher authority behind the muney?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

The "investigator" you speak of wasn't an investigator, his threads were basically rants not backed up by anythign even remotely resembling evidence. In addition, he also wasn't a particularly polite poster...which I'm sure added to him losing his posting rights

Gonna post a lengthy post tonight showing exactly why this whole Soros fear mongering, and the growing criticism against OWS is beyond wrong...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
People still don't get it. You can have your team playing another team and cheer them on all you want. No matter what team wins they win. You can say I will pick my own team and cheer for them. They will still win. Your playing there game. They own the stadium, they own all the teams, they own all the players, they own the cheer leaders. If you play they win, if you watch they win. And your wrong if you think "The only way you win is not to participate". They still win because you are only one.

Read this and think about the big picture. They take all sides and win no matter what the out come is.

www.juancole.com...

Bloomberg’s revelations that a subsidiary company owned by the radical rightwing billionaire brothers, Charles and David Koch, sold millions of dollars in refinery equipment to Iran has produced widespread outrage on the blogosphere, given that Koch-backed politicians of the Tea Bagger persuasion have been among the more vociferous hawks calling for war on Iran.

Those innocent of recent history are being overly breathless about this revelation. You want a billionaire trading illegally with Iran and a happy ending? How about numerous examples?

There is Iran-Contra, in which Ronald Reagan had his underlings steal T.O.W. missiles and missile launchers from the Pentagon warehouses, sell them illegally to Iran, take the black money paid by Ayatollah Khomeini to Reagan and launder it through Swiss accounts, and send it to right wing death squads in Nicaragua trying to overthrow the left leaning Sandinista government. The Right wing beatified Reagan and named an airport after him, and nobody ever brings up Iran-Contra any more. Rupert Murdoch made Oliver North, one of the conspirators who shredded the US constitution, a millionaire by putting him on television to tell us war fairy tales.

Bill Clinton had Eric Holder do the paperwork to pardon billionaire Marc Rich, who is alleged to have done illegal oil deals with Iran on behalf of Israel as part of the Iran-Contra scandal and then was accused of declining to pay millions in taxes to the US on his profits. (I don’t know. Do you have to pay taxes on money you make from dealing with a government on the State Department’s terrorism list? I mean, the money is sort of in the subjunctive mood and isn’t supposed to exist in the first place.)

Then, Dick Cheney did business with Iran when he was CEO of Halliburton in 1995-2000. All you have to do is set up an offshore subsidiary run by non-Americans, and you can do all the business you like with Iran. Cheney liked a lot of business with the ayatollahs.

The cries of hypocrisy miss the genius of these scams run on the American public. The companies that defy the spirit of the sanctions on countries like Iran gain valuable experience working on projects there. If the same companies can successfully lobby Washington to go to war against their client, then in Phase IV they will be awarded no-bid contracts on the grounds that no other company has their experience on the ground in the now-conquered country.

Nothing will come of it. Koch-backed politicians will go on rattling sabers at Iran even while they find ways to do business with it. They will go on denying global climate change, and denying that breathing gasoline fumes is bad for you. If they do get up a war on Iran, they’ll make money on that, too. This is because, as OccupyWallStreet.org points out, the system is set up for the 1 percent, not for the 99 percent (us). Your keyboard outrage will pass, and they will go on making billions, and go on making money from the enemy, whether before or after the war.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The Koch brothers are most known for supporting the Tea Party, the very party bitching about high gas prices the most...while AT THE SAME TIME they push up the price of oil around 40% through financial speculation. And their slogan "drill more" is laughable given that drilling more has never pushed down the price of oil for more than a few months, and only serves to increase the profitability of oil companies (and speculators).

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Not sure if you have read the Bloomberg story released a few days ago. It made a lot of people mad but thats just a grain of sand on a beach. The Republican Party has been doing the same thing since Iran Contra. And the cheer leader Rupert Murdoch made Oliver North a rich star on Fox News. Dick Cheney was doing the same thing and became VP. And people complain about Koch Brothers. Well what about the rest. And im sure the same thing going on with Iran is going on in Pakistan and North Korea. Global elite playing both sides and not giving a damn about it. Irans nuclear facility that every body wants to bomb. Guess what alll the control panels are in english. Where do you think they came from. I say the 99% need to protest and stay they way they are un guided and without sides in order to protest. Because both sides are controled by the elite. As soon as the 99 take a side they are part of the game and the elite win no matter what player wins or loses.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

I'm talking about Yugoslavia, not Romania. Hmmmm, but that doesn't fit your view does it. Your view of Soros being the savior of all that is good and kind is flawed.

Your unrealistic view of those who pull the strings have your points out of focus friend. May I suggest that you look further into those whom you support.

Give me proof that Soros has done good for mankind, without lining his own pockets.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

I'm talking about Yugoslavia, not Romania. Hmmmm, but that doesn't fit your view does it. Your view of Soros being the savior of all that is good and kind is flawed.

Your unrealistic view of those who pull the strings have your points out of focus friend. May I suggest that you look further into those whom you support.

Give me proof that Soros has done good for mankind, without lining his own pockets.

The guy is probably one of the guys who donated more money in order to topple communist regimes and fostering education than anyone else...Gates might rival him when it comes to sponsoring education though. Hell, during the height of the crisis he donated $35m to underprivileged children, and he donated a further $100m to Eastern Europe during the same time to sponsor aid during the crisis.

A few days ago he donated a further $27m to aid projects in Africa, after having already donated over $50m since 2006...WHAT A MONSTER!!!

But yeah, sounds like a total monster. Of course he made money in finance, but that doesn't make him bad...especially in the light of all those donation to good causes.
edit on 4-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

What org. did he donate too?

What was the cost percentage to run the org.

As we all know, when you donate money willy nilly, do you really know where it's going? Or do you just trust what they tell you.

Soros has many layers, just like the Koch Bros.

In my opinion, I have personally see him do more harm than good.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by MrXYZ

What org. did he donate too?

What was the cost percentage to run the org.

As we all know, when you donate money willy nilly, do you really know where it's going? Or do you just trust what they tell you.

Soros has many layers, just like the Koch Bros.

In my opinion, I have personally see him do more harm than good.

What harm would that be? The $35m donated to children was in NYC and went to the state department responsible for handing it out. Do you expect him to personally hand every kid a check on top of donating such a large sum?

The Eastern European money went directly to aid groups...

The point is, how would yo donate the money if not through aid groups?

But anyway, interested in what harm he's done. I think they caught him for insider trading once, but he paid a fine. Nothing compared to what the Koch brothers are pulling off though, but instead of donating to good causes, they use their money almost entirely for political causes...and not in a way that benefits the majority or underprivileged.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
And now we see an oxymoron .... and a paradox at the same time !
And maybe a few stereotypes and stigmas to add to the wild drama !
How ironic !

The hypocrisy of MoveOn.org seizing control of a protest movement dubbed ‘Occupy Wall Street’ is staggering. MoveOn.org “endorsed Barack Obama in the 2008 Democratic Party primaries, fundraised and organized for him, and has become perhaps the lead lobby organization for his policies,” reports SourceWatch.

The organization is also strongly supported by billionaire George Soros, with Soros having donated around $5 million dollars to the group in recent years.

[color=limegreen]So we have a Soros-backed organization which has aggressively lobbied for Obama, whose 2008 campaign was bankrolled by Wall Street (almost $2 million donated by Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan Chase), whose 2012 run is being bankrolled by Wall Street, and whose cabinet is filled with Wall Street operatives, now announcing its involvement in protests against Wall Street.

Liberals really need to wake up and smell the coffee on this one.
Obama Machine Prepares To Hijack ‘Occupy Wall Street’
The article is revealing

Looks like they ARE playing boths sides

Who's kidding Who here ?

next question: What's in YOUR Wallet?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Every president you vote for will have Wall Street connections...but after 8 horrible Bush years, a McCain/Palin combo would have been infinitely worse than Obama. Hell, it was BUSH who removed the last financial regulations ensuring the crash would happen for sure...re-watch his housing speech and you know why!

Lesser of 2 evils...and when the vote happened, people couldn't know for sure if Obama was a sock puppet too...whereas they could be 100% convinced of it when it comes to the Palin combo

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Man I wish Boondock Saint was still here. There was no one better at connecting the dots back to Sorros.

I see these protestors as basically a chicken with its head cut off, running around with no direction.

Yeh Boondock knew Soros is a tool. Where is Boondock anyways?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Every president you vote for will have Wall Street connections...but after 8 horrible Bush years, a McCain/Palin combo would have been infinitely worse than Obama. Hell, it was BUSH who removed the last financial regulations ensuring the crash would happen for sure...re-watch his housing speech and you know why!

Lesser of 2 evils...and when the vote happened, people couldn't know for sure if Obama was a sock puppet too...whereas they could be 100% convinced of it when it comes to the Palin combo

I read way back that Soros was backing Obama, McCain, and Hillary all at once. Had his bases all covered. McCain is CFR and part of the NWO Im sure. The Bilderbergs tried to put their best models in front of the people this time around too, but truth slipped out anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Yah the Adbusters site is sporting a little clip from Democracy Now, a Democrat propaganda site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join