It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Americans Better under Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
James the Lesser, Powell and Condi Rice have been called "uncle toms" by the Black congressional congress, and the NAACP. I would never claim marion Berry as being a positive, He a Democrat. Show me the Proof that Bush did coke in college. don't come here a make an accusation like that without proof. I would never say that about Kerry. I will call him a liar, but never a cokehead. you take a fictional book by Grisham as being true? I hope that was said in jest. As far as knowing more than you and I, After spending 20 years in the Intel business, I can tell you, America does not know half the story. The media rarely get it right. that all I can say.

I do not support the NAACP in the fact that they are an institution of racism. I thought instituiolalized racism was banned years ago. Most of the black congress is Democrats, and they have no real excuse against them thats why they resort to name calling:"Uncle Toms." The AA's in the Bush Administration are ver accomplished and respectable. And guess what only failures attribute thier losses to racism and complain to the NAACP for thier own shortcomings.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What I found on Google:

Page 15 of results: www.americandigest.org...

Daily KO calling Powell "Uncle Tom". Quite reprehensible, except that the proof is not really made that Daily KO represents the Democratic party.

Page 24 of results: www.rightnation.us...

About how Colin Powell is one of those few politicians who could get the nomination of either the Democratic or Republican parties.

On page 30, still haven't found anything

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So why have Blacks not flocked to Bush?

They aren't stupid. They know a rat when they see it. (I'm saying this b/c of the many I've spoken to about it.)

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
Colin Powell would've made a much better president than Bush.

Very true. Imagine if John McCain had won the 200 primary instead of Bush.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Back in the late 90's I really wanted Colin Powell to run for President. That would've been cool.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow folks- the "dude" won!

Like him or villify him he could have just rolled over and said "I'm too beat up to run" but he didn't.

He says lots of dumb things (he is a lot like Bush in this) and changes his mind (Kerry II) but the dude has sand.

Marion Shepilov Barry, Jr. (born March 6, 1936) served as Democratic mayor of Washington, D.C from 1979 to 1991. He was forced to leave office as a result of a crack coc aine arrest, but afterward was elected to the D.C. council and ultimately the mayoralty, serving a new term from 1995 to 1999.

No one selected him because of his race or color- the man had sand

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Marion Barry

I remember about him, for the fact that after his conviction he came back to politics.

My husband was station in Quantico VA when he made it all over the news.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The simple fact is that minorities have fared better under Bush than any other.

From a purely statistical standpoint on employment this is 100% correct.

About the best thing to be under Bush is Hispanic, second African American, third a women (any race)...last a white male.

I spent days in the employment data over this at one point because I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but it makes sense considering what Bush has done to our economy (and I wasn't using the right filter...EDUCATION).

As the white collar jobs get outsourced, and all the new jobs are entry level blue collar or retail...it's not so much that minorities are prospering under Bush as it's people with the lowest education and training (no matter what your race) are doing far better (proportionally) than they used to compared to your average educated, middle class white guy that once did great and now doesn't.

That African Americans though are doing any better in employment is just a by product of what Bush has specifically been trying to do for 4 years... that is BUY THE HISPANIC VOTE with immigration amnesty, increased welfare and food stamp funding ($1.8 billion targeting just Hispanics) and a general work friendly (pro-corporate) environment for crop pickers, not to mention conservative pro-catholic vote pandering with Anti-Gay and Anti-Abortion efforts.

So don't even start on the "Dems buy minority votes" crap with me. I know what's up Mi Amigo.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Rant,

You are right we did have a thread on unemployment and some very nice statistics came out on the thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jrsdls

S & F!!!

OP, you are absolutely correct!!

As a black woman, I have recently made the switch from the Democratic Plantation/Party to the Republican/Productive party, and I will never look back.

You are right: blacks were better under Bush, which is why I will be voting another Republican for 2012. How was he better/ Because he mandated that new Welfare/Entitlement policy that terminated benefits after 60 months (5yrs) in a lifetime. The Democrats would have it where entitlements be given from cradle to grave, thus keeping the lower class where they are: in the lower class.

I think education is the key to helping blacks who have been traditionally brainwashed from voting for the 'black party'.

It worked for me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join