It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by alfa1
Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
Right now there are over 10,000 protesters in NYC! The time is coming fast and I think them days are near...
Have they figured out what they're protesting about yet?
I know there was a document released a day or two that was incredibly vague with references to "they" without actually mentioning who "they" are or anybody specifically... and also so wide ranging that half the population could be somehow linked to the elusive "they". Not very useful for setting up an actual plan of action.
So. Any specifics yet?
• Revoke the George W. Bush tax cuts for the top 1 %, 57080 points
• Let’s make reduced-scale farming profitable! Less dependence on imported foods! 42070 points
• Reform the IRS and Stop the Tax Loopholes, 32840 points
• Encourage Trade Schools, 32150 points
• More Stimulus Focus on Green Jobs, 30470 points
• An end to the government sponsored abstinence education to be replaced by an introduction of age appropriate sex education, 65350 points
• Healthy Kids Learn Better, 15060 points
• Focus on the Art and Creativity, 12970 points
• Libraries of all types need our support, 10810 points
• Lost SCIENTISTS and ENGINEERS, 10480 points
Energy & Environment
• Commit to becoming the “Greenest” country in the world, 70470 points
• Bullet Trains & Light Rail, 65100 points
• Increase MPG requirements now! 46120 points
• Implement a National High-Speed Rail Program, 38720 points
• Re-install the White House solar panels, 28910 points
• The permanent closure of all Torture facilities. (Facilities such as: Guantanamo, and Abu Ghraib), 61250 points
• Re-evaluate aid to Israel, 37240 points
• Time for CHANGE in Cuba, 18020 points
• Close School of the Americas (WHINSEC), 17610 points
• Engage strongly for Israeli-Palestinian peace, 13990 points
• Stop using federal resources to undermine states’ medicinal marijuana laws, 66170 points
• Get the Insurance Companies out the Health Care, 55080 points
• Allow the terminally ill the honor of passing as they choose, 40850 points
• Health Freedom IS Our First Freedom, 30430 points
• Increased Funding for Childhood Cancer, 16500 points
• No More Wars On Abstract Concepts, 38250 points
• Enact legislation that protects “whistle blowers” 36390 points
• Eliminate Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell so we don’t lose any more soldiers, 35840 points
• A New Decentralized Energy Grid, 14920 points
• Find a Balance Between US Security and Civil Liberties, 15660 points
• National Service Corps, 9350 points
• Create an online E-Library, 8100 points
• Expand Small Business Innovation Programs, 6550 points
• National Service program, 6250 points
• National Service for College Students, 4850 points
• Boost America’s Economy with Legal Online Poker, 46890 points
• Restore Net Neutrality Protections to the Internet, 46220 points
• Vote and debate all bills online and show what industries contribute the most to each Representatives campaign, 40080 points
• Each of the 50 State Governors should create a version of this site to gather ideas from their constituents, 25730 points
• National WiFi, 23540 points
• Signing bonuses for enlistment should not be revoked due to injuries beyond the control of the soldiers who risk their lives to save ours, 14530 points
• Our military have been subjected to unacceptable tour extensions, 7460 points
• Upon exiting the military every soldier must be given formal notice in writing, using clearly spoken language, a detailed synopsis of their medical benefits, 6320 points
• Ensure that veterans suffering from exposure to Agent Orange are fully covered by their VA benefits, 5710 points
• VA Hospital Reform now, 3560 points
• Ending Marijuana Prohibition, 92970 points
• Revoke the Tax Exempt Status of the Church of Scientology, 52470 points
• Bring Back the Constitution! 50160 points
• Honesty and Transparency, 45610 points
• people talking to government, 41740 points
• End the “War” Against American Citizens, 40510 points
• Establish a Do Not Mail registry to prohibit junk mail, 37240 points
• END PAY-TO-PLAY CULTURE IN WASHINGTON, 28930 points
• Enact more laws that protect the welfare of American citizens and less laws that benefit Big Banks and Big Corporations, 27490 points
• Marriage Equality, 26400 points
• Credit, 25970 points
• Provide dis-incentives for suburban sprawl, 24170 points
• Bush Administration Investigation, 23820 points
• No Raise for Congress, 23400 points
Yes they have a few agendas, of which these protests will solve none. If anything increased protests will add fuel to Homeland security and see TSA agents on the streets. I am glad I do not live in the US
LIST OF PROPOSED "DEMANDS FOR CONGRESS" 1 CONGRESS PASS HR 1489 ("RETURN TO PRUDENT BANKING ACT" www.govtrack.us... ). THIS REINSTATES MANY PROVISIONS OF THE GLASS-STEAGALL ACT.
2 USE CONGRESSIONAL AUTHORITY AND OVERSIGHT TO ENSURE APPROPRIATE FEDERAL AGENCIES FULLY INVESTIGATE AND PROSECUTE THE WALL STREET CRIMINALS who clearly broke the law and helped cause the 2008 financial crisis
3 CONGRESS ENACT LEGISLATION TO PROTECT OUR DEMOCRACY BY REVERSING THE EFFECTS OF THE CITIZENS UNITED SUPREME COURT DECISION which essentially said corporations can spend as much as they want on elections. The result is that corporations can pretty much buy elections.
4 CONGRESS PASS THE BUFFETT RULE ON FAIR TAXATION SO THE RICH AND CORPORATIONS PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE & CLOSE CORPORATE TAX LOOP HOLES AND ENACT A PROHIBITION ON HIDING FUNDS OFF SHORE.
5 CONGRESS COMPLETELY REVAMP THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION and staff it at all levels with proven professionals who get the job done protecting the integrity of the marketplace
6 CONGRESS PASS SPECIFIC AND EFFECTIVE LAWS LIMITING THE INFLUENCE OF LOBBYISTS AND ELIMINATING THE PRACTICE OF LOBBYISTS WRITING LEGISLATION THAT ENDS UP ON THE FLOOR OF CONGRESS.
7 CONGRESS PASSING "Revolving Door Legislation" LEGISLATION ELIMINATING THE ABILITY OF FORMER GOVERNMENT REGULATORS GOING TO WORK FOR CORPORATIONS THAT THEY ONCE REGULATED. So, you don't get to work at the FDA for five years playing softball with Pfizer and then go to work for Pfizer making $195,000 a year.
8 ELIMINATE "PERSONHOOD" LEGAL STATUS FOR CORPORATIONS. The film "The Corporation" has a great section on how corporations won "personhood status". www.youtube.com... . Fast-forward to 2:20. It'll blow your mind. The 14th amendment was supposed to give equal rights to African Americans. It said you "can't deprive a person of life, liberty or property without due process of law". Corporation lawyers wanted corporations to have more power so they basically said "corporations are people."