It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two tornadoes touchdown in South Africa, outside Johannesburg

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Harry, people can say what they want, but, us Safricans are an awesome people! As you say, we are a great bunch

I even know my friend Tortoisekweek, up there, is making Canada a sunnier and warmer place

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Looks like you stay on the West Rand too. I was having my birthday party Saturday evening with a bunch of crazy friends and took a smoke break on the balcony.
I noticed the lightning from the earlier storm was now far off to the West. It was purple! So beautiful.
Eventually a couple of friends joined me ... no clouds above. Suddenly there was thunder closer than before and I had this feeling that lightning was going to hit. I physically pulled everyone back into the house, including one guy (he is the drummer from the band Crime Scene Sex) who resisted a bit. As I got him in, the lightning hit.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

No, i am in the south, bout 20 mins from you. Saturday i was in Midrand when that storm came in. To me Saturday's storm was more severe than Sunday's. Guests we were expecting had to slow down to 30km on the highway due to hail and the rain coming down like crazy. Took some people 1.5 hours to travel from the East and South to Midrand. 2 people from Florida side could not make it, so i take it that it must have been quite bad out in the West.

You in the music business as well, Deltaal?

edit on 10/5/2011 by qonone because: grammar

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hey the storm was great, but it did spoil my party somewhat as the room was too crowded to play darts *lol*

I am not in the music business but have a few friends who are very musically gifted. My g/f is also very talented and might be making a guest appearance for CSS one of these days.
I just write stuff ... maybe one day my lyrics will be recorded by some rock or metal legend. One can only dream

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Another one in Midrand!?!?! lol

No, this one was in 2000/2001 I think, and 'touched down' over what looked like Kempton Park area more or less ;-)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Hey qonone,

Thanks for the kind words man!
Nice photos you took there. Am I correct in thinking that's the southern bypass heading down to Alberton, and the Glenvista Country Club left of center at the bottom of the first pic? Just trying to get my bearings..... wow, that brings back memories!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Correct, i overlook the Glenvista country club from my place. All the pictures i took is in the direction of the country club

I may be going through to Duduza tomorrow, with some luck. Some people doing aid work that may be kind enough to take me along. It sounds bad, but, i wanna see what the tornado left behind. Always wanted to do a storm chasing tour, guess this will have to do for now.

reply to post by auxxon

Yes, in 1998 there was this tornado, which no one saw that hit Vodaworld
The damage was minimal but when Vodaworld's doors came down it was crazy.

Great, when your song gets released send it along and i will do a dance mix. 'Cause thats what we do in S.Africa, we remix all genres to doef doef

edit on 10/5/2011 by qonone because: added

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Hey buddy,

Did you go through to Duduza today? If you did, I hope you got some pics. Thanks for uploading those of the storm, nice to see the old home territory again.

And to HarryHaller..... "May the wors be with you!" LOL!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
"May the wors be with you!" LOL!!

ROFL ya boet!!!

"wors" was the nickname given to die taal by an english boss i had. It's too good to not use, but yours is better!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by qonone

edit on 10/5/2011 by qonone because: added

Now you are messing with my religion
Mix a rock song? Mix MY rock song? Dance Version? How dare you!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I did go and ended up at a disaster resettlement area, kilometers away. It is shocking when one realizes how many of these people are immigrants!

I can! We'll call it "May The Wors Be With You Remix"
edit on 10/8/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
I did go and ended up at a disaster resettlement area, kilometers away. It is shocking when one realizes how many of these people are immigrants!

Mmmmm that's something i'd like to hear more about?

I have family in Ficksburg, they farm, although only renting the land. While they're doing ok, they said something like 40 000 people live in the town, and there isn't any chance to employ them all, which of course the "poor" don't understand.

So where are they from? Lesotho?

edit on 10-10-2011 by harryhaller because: quotes

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Harry, Zimbabwean people. But, i guess there are many others, except maybe the Nigerians..they have Hillbrow

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join