It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is really happening in England these days??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
OP where are you originally from? Why do you think so many want to come to the UK? Maybe it's because we are a tolerant compassionate country. I mean we could all do away with that tolerance and compassion but would that make us better off?

Anyone born in this country basically has a winning lottery ticket compared to the vast majority of humanity, is it any wonder so many want to come and improve their lives here?

Is the OP going to provide any sources for these claims, I mean if christmas has been banned, someone should tell all those companies that have ready started advertising for christmas. Christmas is the economies cash cow, would be silly to ban it under such economic conditions.

edit on 3-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I concur that England is one of the most desirable country in Europe, by its people and history and traditions. I'm not talking about THEIR reason to relocate there, but about other things.
With the little time I have, I put together few links; I will gather more once I'll be back home - I'm on the road now.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.joe.ie...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.emigrate.co.uk...

Now, I'm not looking for "flags" or to show how smart I am. I am not a psychologist, neither sociologist to present a full documentation about these things. However, I have many friends in UK and what I know, I know mostly from them. They're not lying; what would be the reason to do that?

Peace.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by doubleplusungood
reply to post by shansen

Immmigrants aren't given priority for jobs.

When I go into Tesco or Sainsbury's in my town every member of staff is either black or asian, with English clearly as their second language. Literally every member of staff.

This isn't the case where I live, in fact the only 'invasion' of people from other countries was from poland a few years back to work in factorys. When the jobs dried up 95% sodded off back to poland.

It depends vastly where you live in my view. Where I live the only jobs you see asians doing are in the local corner shops and selling clothes on market stalls. Is that a cliche? yep but sometimes life is a bit of a cliche, but they are the hardest working guys I've ever seen. But is there an overdoes of politcal correctness? Of course. Does there seem to be concerted effort to lower peolpes standard of life and ways of enjoying life...yep right again.

Its worth remembering that we currently have a goverment where every single cabinate member is a MULTIPLE millionnaire with zero experience of anything other than the banking and high upper classes. They cannot relate to the working class other than to see them as a 'workforce' to allow them and their cronies to make hideous ammounts of money.

I have a theory that nothing thats currently hapening here in the UK is by accident. Much of whats been happening was blatantly obvious well in advance to anyone with half a brain. For example, stopping smoking in pubs was always going to end up with the vast majority of them closing, as bottom line is british pubs are not kept open by health freaks funnnily enough. But of course we must all try to be health freaks as a healthy worker ant makes the rich more money.

Why? Because the last thing the people in power want is the man on the street 'talking' and making decisions that may end up in people deciding that 'no actually we are rather sick of this, and would like a massive change of all politcal parties thank you very much'.

The changes in univeristy fees mening the poor can no longer afford in many cases to get a degree. Why? it was devaluing it for the upper classes. They would much rather that everyone was stupid and did what they were told 'by their betters'.

The sudden massive rise in 'reality tv' (which should be more accurately called 'unreality tv'), which has saw the death of programs that may widen the mind or cause people to think. Now we have a country obsessed with the bloody x factor etc. No one is interested in programs that show real talent be it actors or anything else. Every child is brought up in schools to belive they can all be famous and talent is a falicy. Unfortunately some people are destine to be bin men and not everyone has talent to be a star. This means the populous of the country has takent the eye off the ball...politicians are getting away wiht things they would have never before. People dont care and aren't takiung notice if it coincides with the xfactor or britians got talent etc.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

People have been conditioned to do what the media tells them, think what they are told and behave like nice little sheep. If you dont, then your an oddball and must be cut out like cancer as anything that doesn't fit the herd is quite obviously wrong.

The trouble is some of us do not go 'baaa' we will not follow the heard or do what we are told. We wont dumb ourselves down or let the coutnry decend into the pit is is heading. This isn't due to 'muslim invaions' or anything of the like. as like 99% of the planet they'll take advantage of a situation if its to their benefit.

Race is used as a bitg scary stick to beat us all with and keep us all for realising we are all the same. There is no 'white aids and black aids'...just aids. As if people start realising thats it is our differences that bind us together maybe the current political systems where politicians are scared stiff of punishing the banks for what THEY have done to the western worlds economys, will have to change.

People in power hate change ..especialy change that makes them worse off or with less power or money. But the truth is that the vast majority of people of ALL races in the uk are sheep and while they may occasionally moan about things, when it comes rihgt down to it...they will do as they are damn well told by the media.

After all no one wants to no be part of the heard do they?
But again not all of us go 'baaaaa' and roll over and become part of the herd.

Wayne...

edit on 3/10/2011 by the secret web because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Heh, you quoted me before I edited my post for being a bit arsey.

Where I live most of the people who work in the supermarkets are white English people. But I live in a mostly white area and my city is predominantly white. Like most of Britain to be fair. That's why I asked where it was. When I lived in London for a bit the local sainsburys had a lot of black people working there but the area was mainly black.

Also, I would suggest supermarket jobs are not the best paid either, so would be more likely for immigrants to apply.
edit on 3-10-2011 by doubleplusungood because: bad capitalization

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shansen

Thank you, firstly for being so in tune with what's happening here in the UK,

I agree with another poster, who believe we are be lined up for another war between faiths,

I live in Oldham, and the council head by councillor Mr Battye at that time was responsible for several years of playing the White families off against the Asian that eventually got the town so divided and wound up that tight we ended up with the most dreadful riots,

IMO, the current status quo is to achieve something bigger! If politicians/bankers let people live as free as they we're born, we'd all get on! There's good and bad in all sectors of religion, race, etc but have you noticed when folk go on holiday and left to do their own thing they all get along nicely??

great subject, well done

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shansen

Thank you, firstly for being so in tune with what's happening here in the UK,

I agree with another poster, who believe we are be lined up for another war between faiths,

I live in Oldham, and the council head by councillor Mr Battye at that time was responsible for several years of playing the White families off against the Asian that eventually got the town so divided and wound up that tight we ended up with the most dreadful riots,

IMO, the current status quo is to achieve something bigger! If politicians/bankers let people live as free as they we're born, we'd all get on! There's good and bad in all sectors of religion, race, etc but have you noticed when folk go on holiday and left to do their own thing they all get along nicely??

great subject, well done

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

English is their second language. They are immigrants

At least they are working, we all know immigrants only come here for the benefits

I am an immigrant. When I first got here, I got a crappy job in a pub. All my work mates were immigrants, landlord couldn't afford to hire English ( made minimum wage) , and couldn't afford to have people not come to work consistently.

I eventually got a better job and today I work for a big corporation and there is barely a brown face to be seen ( except in the canteen).

But yeah, the local Tescos, and most other poorly paid jobs are are filled by immigrants, because they work bloody hard, don't moan and come to work on time.

It sounds like a cliché, but at the end of the day, some clichés are true.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shansen

Thanks for the links.

news.bbc.co.uk...
Talks about the red cross banning christmas decorations. This has nothing to do with Britain, it is that charities choice.

www.joe.ie...
Is about the introduction of a different type of pedestrian crossing at one crossing place in the whole of London. Don't see what the problem is. It didn't cost anymore.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
Is a non story about a suggestion by some scientists in Canada.

www.emigrate.co.uk...
Is about one person whose house was broken into by some romanian gypsies who squatted there till she came back. Squatting happens all over the world by all types of people.

None of these are indicitive of Britain as a whole and do not really support what you are saying.

Maybe your friends are wrong or biased in their viewpoint. I am definitely not accusing them of lying.

From your op just wanted to highlight this:

Now, British government don't want to piss off Muslims, don't want to piss off Jews, don't want to piss off gipsies, gays, non-Christians, Pakistanis, lesbians but it looks like the same government is doing everything they can think of to piss off their own citizens. Is this a normal thing to do? I mean, politically correctness, okay but how far this term can be pushed

All the people/groups you mentioned are British citizens too.

edit on 3-10-2011 by doubleplusungood because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join