It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just played Battlefield 3 demo - not pleased

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
As i logged onto the game i see the same old gun selection screen for starting out and pick the ak74 and join. I then proceed to get sniped a couple times across the map from someone using another machine gun.

The game continues on and i get killed by campers in the corners of the field.

We go into a subway and every time i die it is from people camping behind pillars or in the rail ways with rubble and what not.

This continued on for a few more games and there seemed like no sure way to end the camping -_-

I will be buying Modern Warfare 3 for sure as the Call of Duty series has never failed me for fun games with friends.

Other then the crap storm of campers the graphics were good! But if you only play games for graphics you arent really a gamer =/

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Its a Beta right now so I wouldn't expect too much, once it gets closer to going gold then I would not be inclined to forgive balance issues like a SMG or other inherently inaccurate weapon functioning as a sniper rifle.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

most new war games are absolute crap these days
id pefer to play medal of honour rising sun over the new cod any day of the year.

the stories and plot suck
the fighting especially in multiplayer is repetitive and requires very little skill

wish they would revamp the whole 'standard' for war games

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Its a Beta right now so I wouldn't expect too much, once it gets closer to going gold then I would not be inclined to forgive balance issues like a SMG or other inherently inaccurate weapon functioning as a sniper rifle.

it comes out in about 3 weeks tho so it doesnt seem like itll be much better

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Like someone has already said,its only a Beta but i too was not pleased and only played a match and a half before i turned my PS3 off.Mind due its released this month so i don't know if they will have time to change the major flaws in it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
ill just stick with Arma 2..best war simulation ever

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I'll just buy both because I can afford it and not some child who has to make a decision and ask their parents to buy it. I'll play both on multiplayer as I'm after more of a casual experience now days that friends can jump on. I did play GB earlier when I wasn't working but now it's all about having fun. I own all the COD games up to COD 4 and have been recently playing more battlefield bad company 2. This doesn't mean that I won't be playing both when both games come out.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I've been playing BF3 Beta all afternoon and I'm failing to see what you are talking about.

Perhaps try a different server? The one I'm on is working together perfectly, calling out targets, backing each other up etc etc

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I've been playing BF3 Beta all afternoon and I'm failing to see what you are talking about.

Perhaps try a different server? The one I'm on is working together perfectly, calling out targets, backing each other up etc etc

I kind of had the same problem understanding the mechanics of bad company 2 when I switched to that from COD. You can't always rush like in COD. You need to play your role especially when your a medic. You need to always make call outs.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I am definitly getting battlefield 3 over mw3. Battlefield 3 perfectly combines battlefield 2 and bad company together with balanced game play. Battlefield 3s graphics for pc are at least 5 times better than the ps3 so if you truely want to enjoy the game buy it for pc. and yes the beta right now is full of bugs which are really funny to abuse xD like digging holes with c4 so players get stuck in the ground! or spawn sideways and look like you are swimming in the ground. On one of the beta servers i dug out holes where the playeres spawn so they would get stuck and have to kill their selves. and the great part is when the next game starts the holes stay. Epic trolling
good thing its just the beta

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh

Originally posted by Helig

it comes out in about 3 weeks tho so it doesnt seem like itll be much better

This is not a new build, it's over 4 months old and was also used on E3.
Dice allready adressed many problems. This beta is a test for the servers not the game really.
Metro is a camp fest i agree. Also it doesn't feel like battlefield, more like something to appease cod fans. Caspian border on the otherhand is awesome and the way ot should be, all out war! Bf3 isn't a run and gun game, and isn't for lone wolfs. Teamwork is essential.

Picking this game up for sure.
Bf2 was awesome bf3 will to.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

I like it,i know it has a few flaws but thats why they have it as a betta so they can iron out the kinks(hopefully).
im going by thier previous titles as well and they have been great games so im defo going to get it.
and i dont think we could compare the two games as they are two different games, 1 game is fun a run and gun with quite abit of luck involved and the other is more tactical team based,as where you said running into the underground does you no good,so you have to move as a team.
You cant play battlefield the way you play cod it just dont work...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have to agree. I was addicted to BF2 bad company 2, so I couldn't wait for bf3. I quit after a round, and really have lost the desire to purchase the game. The map is almost too big, there are way to many places for campers, and the aiming seems a bit off. And knifing... it would take a good 3 seconds to knife in BF2, in BF3, it takes about 10. Hopefully Activision will fix MW3 so that we can forget about the black ops abomination

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
imho everybody is trying to gun and run and are dying because of it. slow down crouch a little. look for points you know where a sniper might post up.

ive been noticing that lil island out there in the water they camp.

crawl a lil..... it still needs work cause i have the hardest time using my defibrillator but whatever. and its a rush game it aint conquest. the enemy knows you will be coming through those tunnels so they post up same would happen in real life.

get over it..level up get a better gun learn where they camp and flank.

its you bro it aint the game.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This "beta" is a demo.. that is how marketing works these days, betas are demos and alphas are pre release demos.
I played the alpha of Battlefield 3 and it seemed to have fewer bugs but worse stability. I hate that every FPS game we get now copies Call of Duty in one way or another. I am sick of modern warfare games, we need to go back to WW2.. without killstreaks..
They also lied once again to the PC community and talked about the game being made for the PC in mind, that is completely false as the graphics are not even close to what they showed in the "gameplay" trailers, we don't even have a main menu in the game.. the server files that got leaked lets up to 128 people fight per server, but nope, it's still limited to 64 players. I wish the community could get mod tools but that won't happen as they are apparently too stupid to use DICEs tools, according to DICE.

Don't get me wrong, the Call of Duty and Battlefield series aren't bad games, but they could've been so much better.. atleast the newer ones. Battlefield did however lose it's identity and is now a Call of Duty made by EA.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
oh ya knifing sucks bad. if they are laying down i cant begin to tell you how many times i would run up on a guy and he wouldnt even see me i go to knife him nothing, so i try again nothing, after 5-6- trying to knife him he knows im here then knifes me

WTF but what do i do stop knifing people laying down and just blast em.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fateye
This "beta" is a demo.. that is how marketing works these days, betas are demos and alphas are pre release demos.
I played the alpha of Battlefield 3 and it seemed to have fewer bugs but worse stability. I hate that every FPS game we get now copies Call of Duty in one way or another. I am sick of modern warfare games, we need to go back to WW2.. without killstreaks..
They also lied once again to the PC community and talked about the game being made for the PC in mind, that is completely false as the graphics are not even close to what they showed in the "gameplay" trailers, we don't even have a main menu in the game.. the server files that got leaked lets up to 128 people fight per server, but nope, it's still limited to 64 players. I wish the community could get mod tools but that won't happen as they are apparently too stupid to use DICEs tools, according to DICE.

Don't get me wrong, the Call of Duty and Battlefield series aren't bad games, but they could've been so much better.. atleast the newer ones. Battlefield did however lose it's identity and is now a Call of Duty made by EA.

what are you talking about loosing identity, how? how cares about P.C. gaming////weve played one map without vehicles.

and i miss destruction level that was a huge part of bfbc2 but im counting on the release of the game.

dice will respond to all the naysayers at some point and release a map for vehicles in beta sooner than later i hope.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
oh yeah try using team spawn if your getting murked all the time.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by InshaAllah

what are you talking about loosing identity, how? how cares about P.C. gaming////weve played one map without vehicles.

and i miss destruction level that was a huge part of bfbc2 but im counting on the release of the game.

dice will respond to all the naysayers at some point and release a map for vehicles in beta sooner than later i hope.

Battlefield was all about vehicle warfare and teamwork, which Call of Duty wasn't and still isn't. Battlefield 3 was made to compete with Modern Warfare (By stealing some customers.. by being a copy.) instead of going in the footsteps of the older, unique Battlefield games. I've played Caspian Border and the vehicles still feel pretty lacking. Battlefield 2 vehicles felt a lot better to use, we had more of them too compared to Battlefield 3.
The worst kick in the face by EA is the requirement to use Origin (Which sucks to say the least, it eats ram, they spy on you and the chat goes down a lot.) AND Battlelog, so we have no main menu but we have a stupid website (Which should be optional for clans etc.. not forced on everybody.) to even launch the game in multiplayer, singleplayer or coop mode. To respond to "Who cares about PC gaming", my response is: A lot of people do, mainly because we don't want to pay a ton of fees just to play online, or play with old technology. The main difference between a PC and a console, is that the PC is a free platform..
Before someone mentions that PC gaming is expensive, it isn't. Buy cheap parts, play a game with these settings: 1280x720 resolution, low settings. Play on a TV since they have a lower pixel density, this is equal to a console and most likely you will still have better fps and better graphics.
edit on 2011/10/3 by Fateye because: Added and changed some things on the last part..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fateye

Originally posted by InshaAllah

Battlefield was all about vehicle warfare and teamwork, which Call of Duty wasn't and still isn't. Battlefield 3 was made to compete with Modern Warfare (By stealing some customers.. by being a copy.) instead of going in the footsteps of the older, unique Battlefield games. I've played Caspian Border and the vehicles still feel pretty lacking. Battlefield 2 vehicles felt a lot better to use, we had more of them too compared to Battlefield 3.
The worst kick in the face by EA is the requirement to use Origin (Which sucks to say the least, it eats ram, they spy on you and the chat goes down a lot.) AND Battlelog, so we have no main menu but we have a stupid website (Which should be optional for clans etc.. not forced on everybody.) to even launch the game in multiplayer, singleplayer or coop mode. To respond to "Who cares about PC gaming", my response is: A lot of people do, mainly because we don't want to pay a ton of fees just to play online, or play with old technology. The main difference between a PC and a console, is that the PC is a free platform..
Before someone mentions that PC gaming is expensive, it isn't. Buy cheap parts, play a game with these settings: 1280x720 resolution, low settings. Play on a TV since they have a lower pixel density, this is equal to a console and most likely you will still have better fps and better graphics.
edit on 2011/10/3 by Fateye because: Added and changed some things on the last part..

Aha thanks for the clarification i havnt played caspian border ( by the way how do i?) i guess i understand now. to be honest idk how the battle log works. but if its how you explained it ya that sucks.

oh well win some loose some. although bfbc2 is my all time fav for fps.

the do need to re-vamp the entire concept if they want folks to still buys these type of games down the line. cause to be honest, their all getting to be a little BORING

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join