It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evil Servant Parable of Jesus, Who did He Have In Mind?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Why is Jesus talking about slaves anyway? If he really was a god, or the son of God, he would have condemned slavery from the beginning. One of his first commands would have been, "Go and free all your slaves, for all men are created equal in the sight of the Lord." But he didn't do that did he? Kind of a cruel god you have there.

This of course is just more proof that he was just a man living in a time where slavery was acceptable. A true LOVING god would free all the slaves and set in motion a great awakening that would have really changed the world. Just think, a god that actually contributes something to humanity! Too bad Jesus wasn't that god. He was just a poor schlub that wanted to be god and failed. He squandered almost every opportunity to make the world a better place and still allow mankind his own free will. Yep, Jesus blew it. (Oh, one exception: He did set in motion the protection of children and prostitutes. I will give him credit for that, but for the most part, his record is poor as far as gods are concerned.)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorHouseMD

Why is Jesus talking about slaves anyway?
The particular version I was quoting uses the word, slave, while most versions use the word, servant. According to the translators of this version, bond-servant does not mean anything to most readers, so they used a word that implies that they were not free to just quit their job if they felt like it, being under obligation to fulfill their contract.
edit on 6-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Since the word male is 1st and God made man 1st; most men think they have some pre-eminence over Women and Beast, when the fact is Eve was inside of Adam all along. If you consider the Twins inside of Rebeccah's womb Gen. 25:22-25 you would understand that No Woman can give birth to Twins at the same time. Somebody has to be 1st and the other one is 2nd. But since with GOD All things are Possible, there is no 1st or 2nd between Jesus & Satan who were With GOD from the very beginning as with my X(yX)X view of GOD's spiritual womb shows. But since GOD is a GOD of order, S/He made Adam 1st and then sent Jesus 1st. However then they killed Him; so now GOD will send Her Daughter because "Male and Female made He Them";
Yes Jesus Christ is the He and He did everything GOD asked of Him. Dont you think if GOD could beget a son;
GOD could also beget a daughter via the Mother of harlots. Consider my X(yX)X theory like the Womb of GODdess and that there is only 1 "y" in the trinity of Xs. But the center X as GOD pms blood that naturally fell to the ground as well as what Jesus said to the woman who had an "Issue of Blood" who came up and touched Jesus and what He said to Her which was "Daughter Be of Good Cheer, for Your Faith has made thee whole. Also consider the Private Issue of Blood could have been between a Prince and a Princess who both had the same Father AND Mother.

Jesus said the one who serves i.e., Servant is greater than the one who sits; and is usually the Master.

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

It looks like you are taking issue with what jhill76 wrote.
I was just quoting what he wrote and was asking what the source was for it.
You seem to be quoting the creation story according to Jesus, where he is saying that God has made people in one sort of way from the beginning, which is, male and female. He says it in such a way, to me, where it does not set one before the other.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Since the word male is 1st and God made man 1st; most men think they have some pre-eminence over Women. . .
This is true though maybe not so prevalent in today's Western culture, as it was back in the early to mid eighteen hundreds.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Any time a Presidential Candidate like Michelle Bachman says she is submissive to her Her husband and does what he says; its obvoious Most Christians women in the USA believe they are lesser than men, instead of greater than them as I contend

reply to post by jmdewey60

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

She is catering to a specific crowd, of ultra-conservative Bible-thumpers and not really such a good indication of Americans in general.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
well the fact is she is the only woman in the bunch and the men are trying to be just as conservative as she who has been brainwashed by them.

Just look at what the GOP did today, "let Women Die" campaign against abortion? They have past at least 10 different abortion laws; but any Jobs bill...No They like the Evil servant hid their money in the ground instead of in the treasury where it could gain interest.

Originally posted by jmdewey60

She is catering to a specific crowd, of ultra-conservative Bible-thumpers and not really such a good indication of Americans in general.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join