It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evil Servant Parable of Jesus, Who did He Have In Mind?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Now even though there are famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places... And there has always been wars where nation rises against nation as he said... I do not beleive this or anytime soon will be the "end" of the world...

Well, sure, Christ brought those things up, but careful study shows that those things are NOT signs of the end. The abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel was the "sign" the people are to look for, then run out of Jerusalem.

I know, as he said...

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

But the passage he quoted was him saying trust your master...don't listen to what everyone else is doing or saying. Don't assume your master is not comming when he said that he was... etc etc...

But the entire chapter is Jesus going on about the end of the world, which is not comming anytime soon...

Christ never tells His apostles the end of the world is approaching, they asked Him for the signs for the end of the "age".

lol again i know this...

But they asked him a question, and he told them the truth of the end. He isn't refering to any time line...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So satan was left in charge, Jesus came along and started doing these things you're talking about, and then is killed for disobeying Satan, who rules this world?

And God was powerless to do anything?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Perhaps try looking at the world through Jesus's eyes would help.

Christ believed in ONE God. He was a Jew. So you have to look at what he said through the eyes of a Jew. You have to understand the Torah on a personal, not academic level.

Christ came to fulfill prophecy.

Sadly, people stop looking at God when Prophecies go unfulfilled.

The Jewish Messiah HAD to be put to death for it is how it is written.

All things must go how they are written that people will see that God has ALWAYS been with us through out the age.

Christ had to die. He is not God. To prove he is not God, he died.

To prove that God is within us all, the spirit which opened Christ's eyes to what he had to do to lead people back to God will open another's at the appointed time.

In between that time, the SAME spirit erected a church deifying Christ as an object lesson to it's creation to NOT LIFT OTHERS to Godhood!

They will be laid low if you do.

Just my point of view of course.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Wonderful!

This is also my belief, he had to die... to return. So he could show the world the truth... The spirit is eternal...

Death is not the end, its only the beginning.

Movie quote!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Passages please..
Here's a few.
Acts 7:30
"After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai
Acts 7:38
He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.

So here the writer of Acts, above, is saying this same angel who was there as the presence of God, who spoke on the mountain, was also the angel who spoke to the Patriarchs, such as Abraham.

Here, below, you can see how Paul explains this incident, and comare it to how the OT describes it.
1 Corinthians 10:10
And do not complain, as some of them did, and were killed by the destroying angel.

Numbers 16:41-50
But on the next day the whole community of Israelites murmured against Moses and Aaron, saying, “You have killed the Lord’s people!” When the community assembled against Moses and Aaron, they turned toward the tent of meeting – and the cloud covered it, and the glory of the Lord appeared. Then Moses and Aaron stood before the tent of meeting.
The Lord spoke to Moses: “Get away from this community, so that I can consume them in an instant!” But they threw themselves down with their faces to the ground. Then Moses said to Aaron, “Take the censer, put burning coals from the altar in it, place incense on it, and go quickly into the assembly and make atonement for them, for wrath has gone out from the Lord – the plague has begun!” So Aaron did as Moses commanded and ran into the middle of the assembly, where the plague was just beginning among the people. So he placed incense on the coals and made atonement for the people. He stood between the dead and the living, and the plague was stopped. Now 14,700 people died in the plague, in addition to those who died in the event with Korah. Then Aaron returned to Moses at the entrance of the tent of meeting, and the plague was stopped.
Here is another on, about the law.
Acts 7:53
You received the law by decrees given by angels, but you did not obey it.”

Here is part of the NETBible translator's note for this verse:

Thus the phrase literally means “received the law by the decrees [orders] of angels” with the genitive understood as a subjective genitive, that is, the angels gave the decrees.

Again, concerning what looks to be the giving of the Law, in Hebrews 2,

Therefore we must pay closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. For if the message spoken through angels proved to be so firm that every violation or disobedience received its just penalty, how will we escape if we neglect such a great salvation?

Galatians 3:19
Why then was the law given? It was added because of transgressions, until the arrival of the descendant to whom the promise had been made. It was administered through angels by an intermediary.
edit on 4-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Wonderful!

This is also my belief, he had to die... to return. So he could show the world the truth... The spirit is eternal...

Movie quote!!

You got it Brother!

This flesh is merely the suit by which we explore the moment of creation as it constantly unfolds.

God is #ing awesome to those who have eyes to see!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

reply to post by IAMIAM

Wonderful!

Movie quote!!

You got it Brother!

This flesh is merely the suit by which we explore the moment of creation as it constantly unfolds.

With Love,

Your Brother

I'll give you that one. Best said thing, I heard from you since I been watching.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon

Passages please..
Here's one. I will have to do a search to find the others because I don't keep a list handy.

Acts 7:30
"After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai
Acts 7:38
He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.

So here the writer of Acts is saying this same angel who was there as the presence of God, who spoke on the mountain, was also the angel who spoke to the Patriarchs, such as Abraham.
edit on 4-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Look at the "flames of a burning bush" as the pyre on which old ideas are burned as you reason out a problem.

From where within you does that final solution come from?

It is brought forth how? Carried by an angel through the darkness to your understanding.

Put yourself in Moses' shoes. You have all these slaves gathered around you. They are looking to you for leadership now that they are FREE.

Where is your leadership coming from? You did not create it...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I'll give you that one. Best said thing, I heard from you since I been watching.

Stop judging my words, and I will show you more. I will share a treasure greater than a King's ransom.

This treasure is my point of view.

You cannot get it anywhere else on heaven and earth.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So satan was left in charge, Jesus came along and started doing these things you're talking about, and then is killed for disobeying Satan, who rules this world?

A god was left in charge.
Satan is a term for our enemy.
He was not, at first, until he got all bent out of shape over the tree incident.
He ends up being Satan.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Wonderful!

Movie quote!!

You got it Brother!

With Love,

Your Brother

I agree my friend...completely Awesome!!

No idea about what movie that is though eh

edit on 4-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Stop judging my words, and I will show you more. I will share a treasure greater than a King's ransom.

With Love,

Your Brother

Sorry, I already have access. I wrote that not for you, but others. Our earthly garments (the body) is just for us to experience creation. Creation is separate from what else is around us. Many don't understand this one.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

With Love,

Your Brother

Sorry, I already have access. I wrote that not for you, but others. Our earthly garments (the body) is just for us to experience creation. Creation is separate from what else is around us. Many don't understand this one.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I completely missed the reference. Oops.

No idea.

What movie?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I completely missed the reference. Oops.

No idea.

What movie?

Bah you lose...

That information is "classified"

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

A god was left in charge.
Satan is a term for our enemy.
He was not, at first, until he got all bent out of shape over the tree incident.
He ends up being Satan.

Sorry, but this is not accurate here. In heaven, before creation, he was not viewed in a good light when he made this claim. In the VERY beginning, there was only God and the Angels. Satan was upset because God wanted to create a different entity (man), and Satan wanted to prove that man can become corrupt and evil. Then came him wanted to be equal to God after this.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Sorry, I already have access. Many don't understand this one.

Then go! Share your light that you have been given. Does one light a candle to put it under a bushel?

If you have something to share, share it. If no one understands, it is your fault for not shining the light you have been given.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Sorry, but this is not accurate here. In heaven, before creation, he was not viewed in a good light when he made this claim. In the VERY beginning, there was only God and the Angels. Satan was upset because God wanted to create a different entity (man), and Satan wanted to prove that man can become corrupt and evil. Then came him wanted to be equal to God after this.
What are you using for a source, since you use the term, accurate, which implies there is a source which can be referenced to get the correct history or whatever?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You have no proof this is True:" he was not viewed in a good light when he made this claim. In the VERY beginning, there was only God and the Angels. Satan was upset because God wanted to create a different entity (man), and Satan wanted to prove that man can become corrupt and evil. Then came him wanted to be equal to God after this.

In the beginning there was only GOD, Jesus Christ Her son and Satan Her Angelic Daughter which of course is why GOD told Jesus to make Adam & Eve in the 1st place; and than said; "It is for this cause the Man (Jesus) is to leave his Father and Mother to Cleave unto His wife (Satan or Eve) since in the beginning before creation they didnt have Human bodies; and when Humans were made 'Male and Female Made He Them".

Since you have not proof of what you said above, nor does the Bible support what you wrote I suggest you view the bible from a New Viewpoint. Satan is transformed into an Angel of Light and so what if Satan said from the start "If I remain silent until the last minute or hour; What's in it for me?" Well the way I see it if Satan is Female and the Queen of the South Jesus said would rise up in the last day of Judgment; Satan would be entitled to a New Heaven, New Earth, A Kingdom, A Mansion, A New Name along with a bunch of Maids and Servants.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

It looks like you are taking issue with what jhill76 wrote.
I was just quoting what he wrote and was asking what the source was for it.
You seem to be quoting the creation story according to Jesus, where he is saying that God has made people in one sort of way from the beginning, which is, male and female. He says it in such a way, to me, where it does not set one before the other.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join