It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stumbled across this site after being banned from you know where....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Just wanted to say hi, I'm Tellebe from Australia.

I have come here from that "other" site.. banned for making a thread about how the site had changed within the last few months, getting a little crazier and how I was missing the old posters that had interesting topics and was thinking of closing my membership. They did the job for me, and even put $3 back into my Paypal account.

Previous I had mentioned why all the Obama haters in a topic created by you know who and was banned for that... sigh!

Anyway, I love to read other people's opinions and thoughts and will always give an honest answer if needed but will also put other person's feelings first if that makes sense?!

So hello! and can't wait to read through the forums to get myself familiar with the site and starting fresh

Cheers all

Tellebe

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
g'day cobber,
lot of folk from downunder here.
welcome aboard

ps. i hate obama
edit on 3-10-2011 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Please forgive my newbie ignorance .
That "other site" would be?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ooozy

glp(dot)com

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Thanks, yes another West Aussie here... should go through and update profile

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Welcome and it's good to have you here

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
G'day and welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The other site is there to make money, this site doesent sell memberships which gives it more credibility i n my eye's.

Welcome btw lol.
edit on 3-10-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Same here. Banned by GLP for copying something from the net which was originally by Reuters, so I was banned because of copyright. I'll make sure I don't do that again - genuine mistake though, no need to be banned for good. Of course I could upgrade my account and pay to go back! Yeah right.

Glad I've found this site. (Can't figure out how to get an avatar though).

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'd say you had the good luck to be kicked upstairs.Welcome to quality.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
So aaaahh, where did our first amendment run off to?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Welcome matey, hope you enjoy your stay here at ATS. I think you will find us on the whole a friendly bunch with the odd loon thrown in for good measure. See you on the forum!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I too am here from the other place.

My mistake came from being to honest about the staff's choices of pinning their own threads containing heavily distorted and slanted views on political issues.

I wasn't rude, I was just honest, and I guess over there they don't value honestl debate, they prefer some sort of ridiculous echo chamber.

I won't be going back.

Have always read ATS, but never made the jump to register until I realized there was a fire hose. Which is what I liked about the other place, the raw unfiltered madness.

Now that I know this place has it, combined with a much more respectful and honest platform. I will hopefully be happy here for years to come.

Erra

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hello I just recently joined also from been banned from glp.
They say i was resetting my ip when i never used such program to do so on there forum.
Honestly I believe it was because I gave trinity a negative karma point for saying some mean things about the protesters.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueBluntRedCherry

LOL wish I thought to give him a bad karma point!

Thank you for the welcome, I feel as though I am in a friendlier place. Best thing that ever happened to me (the ban) as it was starting to do my head in.

new topics

top topics

join