It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreaming and o.b.e. questions for the experienced!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Dear fellow ATSers, I have been working on lucid dreaming and obe's for about 6 months now. For Lucid dreaming i have gotten to the point where i realize im in the dream, and when i start to try and control my reality, i ussually wake up almost right away. For obe the closest ive gotten was the intense vibrations, but it only lasted momentairly 2 times so far and both times they ended prematurely leaving me unable to obe. Recently i started using supplements, in hopes of increasing my odds to do either of these. Ive been taking 200mg of vitamin b6, 9mg melatonin, 500 mg choline just before bed, and during the day i take fruit pills and fish oil. Some days i switch it up and will take roughly a spoonful of reishi mushroom powder before bed. My question to the experienced is, what can i do to not loose my dream once i realize im in it? What techniques do you find work best for you to induce o.b.e.'s; how do you personally get through the rushing noises and vibrations without wakIng up; do you wait until the vibrations end to try and seperate and what method do you use to seperate? Finally, what if any supplements do you use? Im looking for personal experience from real people with real results, please do not reply with a link to wikipedia explaining the topic, ive read most of what i can find on the internet and am just looking to hear first hand from people what works best for them and any advice they can give. Thank you in advance for your insight and guidance!
p.s. I also keep a dream journal about once or twice a month i write my dreams down, i also occasionally work out and meditate. For supplememtal info im 5'11 135lbs 22yr male. Meditation advice would be nice to if it is a key to your individual routine, thanks again ats!
edit on 3-10-2011 by youareblind because: Wasnt finished

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I also took 5htp in place of choline, but have found choline to be slighly more appealing, and since i dont want to take 30 pills a night i stopped taking 5htp. Id also like to point out that i do feel like the supplements make a difference, even though i havent much lucidoty luck, only 4 times so far that i can remember, it does seem to make my dreams more vivid and even longer lasting. Suprisingly i have not had more then 1 or 2 semi scary nightmares since i started messing with my dreams. I guess knowing nothing can harm you is a powerful saftey net.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Ive been having ALOT of lucid dreams the last few weeks, and its only since ive been taking diazepam?!?! Can one else relate to this?
Sometimes ill have about 4 lucid dreams in one night, i cant take the piss though like i can fly about go where ever i want but for some reason i cant `show off` my special powers to other people i meet in my dreams.

Also, if i go to touch a woman ina sexual way shes turns into a bloke which i then have to fight off... its strange...

very exciting though!!

I love lucid dreaming..... ketamine also amplifies them for me.... IMO
edit on 3-10-2011 by tizza2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by youareblind
Dear fellow ATSers, I have been working on lucid dreaming and obe's for about 6 months now. For Lucid dreaming i have gotten to the point where i realize im in the dream, and when i start to try and control my reality, i ussually wake up almost right away. For obe the closest ive gotten was the intense vibrations, but it only lasted momentairly 2 times so far and both times they ended prematurely leaving me unable to obe. Recently i started using supplements, in hopes of increasing my odds to do either of these. Ive been taking 200mg of vitamin b6, 9mg melatonin, 500 mg choline just before bed, and during the day i take fruit pills and fish oil. Some days i switch it up and will take roughly a spoonful of reishi mushroom powder before bed. My question to the experienced is, what can i do to not loose my dream once i realize im in it? What techniques do you find work best for you to induce o.b.e.'s; how do you personally get through the rushing noises and vibrations without wakIng up; do you wait until the vibrations end to try and seperate and what method do you use to seperate? Finally, what if any supplements do you use? Im looking for personal experience from real people with real results, please do not reply with a link to wikipedia explaining the topic, ive read most of what i can find on the internet and am just looking to hear first hand from people what works best for them and any advice they can give. Thank you in advance for your insight and guidance!
p.s. I also keep a dream journal about once or twice a month i write my dreams down, i also occasionally work out and meditate. For supplememtal info im 5'11 135lbs 22yr male. Meditation advice would be nice to if it is a key to your individual routine, thanks again ats!
edit on 3-10-2011 by youareblind because: Wasnt finished

How about hitting 'Enter' every once in a while?
edit on 3-10-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Youareblind - I have studied my dreams for many years (at least thirty years) and have been dreaming lucidly for the last three years. When I was younger I dreamt lucidly on occasion and over the last three years I have picked up incredibly - I would estimate I dream lucidly about 99% of the time.

I too take vitamins but I have not garnered any knowledge that vitamins and/or supplements actually help. Do you meditate? Try meditating when you lie down to go to sleep.

As for the vibrating - that is not something I personally would embrace. Have you heard of MILABS? Do some research because in my experience I associate the vibrating as MILABS and I call on my Creator to hold my Soul and protect me. These experiences are terrifying while they are happening and I have only had two in the past 18 months.

Practice your faith - whatever that is - when you are aware that you are lucid dreaming - get a sense of where you are and then try to explore the situation. I never try to control the situation unless I sense danger.

Be careful and enjoy the experience once you get there - I could not imagine dreaming the other way all the time - even though I do maybe one per cent of the time.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by youareblind

I have never gotten an OBE to work right. I get to the humming part and mass vibration feeling then everything falls apart. As per Lucid Dreaming.... I always used it as a kid to now, as a defense mechanism in-case I got a nightmare or a weird dream.

One time I tried to use lucid dreaming to my advantage "was like this dream is too freaking weird I want to go somewhere else" I created a portal(like the one in sliders), stepped through it, then woke up.

I have had lucid dreaming fail once. That was the scariest dream I have ever had. I knew it was a dream, was able to manipulate my dream in the most superb kind of way(imagine your so lucid you are able to use Q like abilities), but it was useless. They were more powerful.

Use Lucid dreaming as a fail safe mechanism and it will serve you well. As per OBE continue at your own risk. It is something that is probably very dangerous to do if done incorrectly. So prayers before-hand and after hand might be best.
edit on 3-10-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I dont really know what to do when i meditate other than just try to relax as much as possible with my eyes closed when i lay down at night, but ussually i get restless after awhile and move to my side, or i get too comfortable and just fall asleep. What do you think of when you meditate? Sometimes i really just dont even know what i want to dream about, my indecisiveness just leaves my subconcious picking my dreams i feel like.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Youareblind - you do not have to lie on your back - you can lie on your side. I prefer to sleep on my front. I have also learned that keeping your body straight - as in on your back with hands by your side is not necessary.
To meditate - all you need to do is relax - let your mind drift.

Your restlessness will cease once you have learned to let go of all that worries you. Keep practicing you will get there.

Stay safe. Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If you are taking the vitamin b6 with the choline for the acetylcholine transport then I think it should be B5 (Pantothenic acid)

en.wikipedia.org...

one thing I have tried with some success is Galantamine

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
damn he got banned that quick..?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Hi friend, I am responding to you because I can sense that you are telling the truth. I had the same problem as you with lucid dreaming when I started. I found that what was waking me up was allowing my control of reality in the dream to venture too far from my waking reality. In other words don't try to fly like Superman or Neo when you are just beginning, maybe just try to hover above the ground a bit. If your dream is more down to earth you will be able to stay in the dream. Let me know how you do.

P.S. Don't worry as you progress you will be able to dream through earth shattering changes.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You can always try monatomic gold in pill or powder form. The only time I've ever had OBEs and lucid dreams was when I was taking this supplement.

top topics

join