It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the government know who Anonymous is???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So I have been following all things Anonymous for quite some time and find every bit of it fascinating because I think its time we Americans take a stand against our government. My best friend and I talk about Anonymous when we get together and she revealed some bit of information that she was told by her boyfriend. I don't know how true it is, I doubt she would lie to me.

She told me that one of her boyfriends friends had recently came to visit him. According to my friend this guy is in the military and does investigations, not sure which branch. Her boyfriend was asking him about Anonymous and the response he got was "They don't think we know who they are but we do." Now if this information is correct then my question is, if they know who Anonymous is then why aren't they going out for them as we speak? Perhaps they want Anonymous to do what they are doing and if so why?

I'm not saying I believe what she told me, of course she has no reason to lie but maybe her boyfriend isn't telling the truth. I don't know but its something to think about.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xandyr101
So I have been following all things Anonymous for quite some time and find every bit of it fascinating because I think its time we Americans take a stand against our government. My best friend and I talk about Anonymous when we get together and she revealed some bit of information that she was told by her boyfriend. I don't know how true it is, I doubt she would lie to me.

She told me that one of her boyfriends friends had recently came to visit him. According to my friend this guy is in the military and does investigations, not sure which branch. Her boyfriend was asking him about Anonymous and the response he got was "They don't think we know who they are but we do." Now if this information is correct then my question is, if they know who Anonymous is then why aren't they going out for them as we speak? Perhaps they want Anonymous to do what they are doing and if so why?

I'm not saying I believe what she told me, of course she has no reason to lie but maybe her boyfriend isn't telling the truth. I don't know but its something to think about.

I was always under the impression that Anon wasn't a single group, didnt have a leader or wasnt in a particular place. I was under the impression that Anon was everyone, its you and i...we are all anonymous!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think the reason they haven't done anything about it yet, so they can enact their Martial Law State. I mean come on, How long do you think they are going to keep this up without some type of recourse?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xandyr101

Anonymous is called Anonymous because they.. are anonymous.

There are certain sites they congregate at, usually 4chan, as it is an anonymous image board. From there, they begin their "Operations", and move to IRC channels to further coordinate their "attacks".

Who is Anonymous? They can be anyone, from a 16 year old kid trying to have some "fun", a college kid who feels like he can be apart of a "revolution", or some 40 year old running several computers in his basement DDoS'ing websites.

I doubt the "government" knows who they are. It is very difficult to track someone who is doing a DDoS attack, even for the FBI - they would need to be tracking said person FIRST. Otherwise, anyone with knowledge of how to do an attack like that, would likely set up several proxies and mask their original IP.

So.. no. He's probably lying.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by Xandyr101

I was always under the impression that Anon wasn't a single group, didnt have a leader or wasnt in a particular place. I was under the impression that Anon was everyone, its you and i...we are all anonymous!

This has been my impression, as well. It's sort of a voluntary collective with no real formal organization or structure.

But you also have Anonymous "members" who are the real deal, and those who are far from it but claim to be, nonetheless. Overall, that may be a good thing because you don't know who's who.

As far as the government or military knowing, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Hell, they probably trained them.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Now Anonymous is the voice of the people, but somebody had to come out with the idea first. Must be british (inspired by the movie).

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Whoa! I think I know you and if I do then you know what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Unless there's a faction within the government who want them to succeed. Kind of like a technology coop where government individuals who have control of cyber space spying are banding together to allow this to happen for the good of humanity.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
lol.. they know who we are .. I'm scared now!

No-one knows who Anonymous are, because there are far more who identify as 'Anon' than they can even begin to comprehend.
I've taken part in Anonymous protests and activities.
I'm not a hacker, and if anyone took away my PC they wouldn't find anything of interest on it.
It can barely connect to the internet.. let alone DDoS attack anyone..
I'm just a boring, working mum of one.
The sooner people get it through their skulls that Anonymous is an idea first and foremost, and that literally anyone and everyone can 'be' Anonymous, the better.

They can track and prosecute hackers till the end of time.. and there will still be a significant number like myself, who will get involved, plan protests, and remain completely on the 'right' side of the law...
The only way they will be able to do anything about Anonymous, would be to make having ideas an illegal, or terrorist activity..
I don't want to live in that kind of world.
x

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
There's no doubt that those who call themselves Anon are being watched. Action, in my opinion, is not taken against them because 'Anon' does not pose a threat to the system, yet. Note, that during our history, world governments strongly oppose/despise free thinkers. What other reasons were our John Lennons, Martin Luther King(s), The Black Panthers and John Kennedys ect. offed for? Any individual or group that unifies people for the greater good of humanity is shut down, fired for the stability of control. We are the threat.

Take a moment for yourself to feel dangerous......

Signed,

We The Sheeple

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Allyourbasearebelongtous

Not directed at you but in your vicinity, script can be blocked in order to NOT be tracked.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Of course they know who they are, well not all of them but all the ignorant attention seekers that post on forums like these claiming they are part of annonymous the government has to suit through all these people to sort out the posers and the real people. But let me give you a little hint, someone who says they are part of anonymous especially posted on a website is a big fat lying attention seeker.

Isn't the whole concept of being annonymous not revealing your identity!?!?

edit on 3-10-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre

Whoa! I think I know you and if I do then you know what you are talking about.

Lol, say what?

Know me?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I think...I might...I could be wrong. I'll pm you

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

sent you an email, I haven't posted enough to use chat yet

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The way I see it there are various levels of anonymous.

1. The every day person who just wants to post without being known.
This person while they may know a few terms and even their own IP address don't know how to hide it.
This group can include truth seekers who just want to get the info out.
The government knows who they are, or can find out very easily if needed for legal reasons or just to add to any files they have.

2. Trolls, these persons are just that trolls the post anonymously because it makes their trolling easier.
2 sup groups here.
The average troll who resembles anonymous 1 except for being a troll and possibly being obsessed with all things japan.
The advanced troll who is savvy in the ways of the interweb and can hid their IP address from at least state police if not the government.

3. The above average person, like an advanced troll they may be able to hide from at least the state level tracking but not the Federal, or International unless very lucky.
This version of anonymous posts with the name because they either don't want people to know who they are. They may also post with the label simply for the challenge.

4. Thrill seeker
This person cracks sites and spills the information under anonymous for the sheer thrill and challenge of it.
They are actually more prone to signing their work or outright putting it under their more known nom de guerre.
Whichever alias they comely go by.
Sometimes they will choose not to use their alias for fear of being found out, or for various other reasons.
More often then naught though their signature or the prints left behind by their style will be left around somehow.

5. The activist
This person is fighting for a cause and can run the gambit from average skills to damn near impossible to track save their alias which they purposely let be associated with their posts so readers can trust that the message is from a source they can trust.
This person in fact rarely uses the anonymous title unless they feel they could be shut down or straight out tracked from their post.

There isn't a master list out there of who each anonymous person is, but the majority can be tracked down.
For the ones that can't be physically tracked down, the post or cracked site gets filed under a known or suspected alias matching similar patterns.

So yeah if the government wanted they could track down the less offensive or dangerous anonymous' out there, but not the ones they really want, at least not from one post.

There is also the possibility that there is one grand anonymous, a thrill seeker, or all around seeker of truth that has alwayse posted under the alias anonymous.
If this person exists though everything they do winds up in a file matching similar posts of other aliases out there.
They might never find this type of anonymous but they will at least alwayse know which posts are theirs and which are the universal anonymous.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Military intelligence has uncovered that Anonymous exists out of Anonymous Internet Users.

Great investigation and I'd say worthy of another black cybersquad budget. Start recruiting on the ivy league universities.

Whohooo.

(*of course in reality they don't know Jack Sh#t )

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Anonymous is anonymous

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
because annon could just be the gov or maybe the NWO

yes i sad it maybe they are tricking us to start the one WORLD government........

enough said

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have a good friend whose son is a military cryptographic expert. He is also a software designer and won a Bronze Star for some software he developed. Anyway, this kid is beyond genius and has multiple degrees- Computer Science, mathematics, and languages. Don't ever make the mistake of thinking the government has stupid people on their payroll. My friend's son is ENLISTED, not an officer. He's doing it for the love of the game and he's smarter than anybody I know. Aced the SATs without studying, etc, etc, etc... He is, right now, being contracted to the NSA from the army. He's been in MD for a couple of years developing the software that scares the hell out of most of us.

Yes, I have talked to him about what he is doing. He does not see the evil the government does. He's smart, but socially inept.

I have no doubt that the gov't knows exactly who they are and where they live and what shade of yellow their urine was this morning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join