It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tragedy of being human

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
What can you, as a human, do?

Humans hate and kill each other.

The planet is dying, many people are starving, and it is all hate hate hate.

We will never be able to save ourselves or the planet because of hatred.

And it breaks my heart.

Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Reach out to one person you wouldn't normally reach out to say once a week. Believe me if you can help one person who thinks there is no one there, you can change a life and that will continue to pay forward

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
"You must be the change you want to see in the world." --- Mahatma Gandhi.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

Thank you so much, Pixie.

You are a positive human being and we need more like you.

You have gladdened me.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Just mention something to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

So how are you doing this early morning ? I am ticking through the threads but currently at peace

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

yes, it is a tragedy that you cannot save the world...

but, you can save yourself... and that is the world also!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I would mention something to you if I knew what you were talking about.

Could you please clarify your question?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

But what about all the people who cannot save themselves?

The starving babies, the people in war zones.

To these people I can only give my help, and that is not enough.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Its really quite simple.

Be the change. Be the one who doesn't hate.

Help someone who you normally would keep walking by or dont have the means to help.

All it takes is one person doing this, then another, and another, soon it becomes a habit.

People hate, yes, but deep down, in their human souls they want to love and be loved.

If you want to hate then that's all you'll ever have returned unto you, if you love then it is also returned to you.

If you want change, be the first ripple, other ripples will follow, that is also human nature.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Humans hate and kill each other.

The planet is dying, many people are starving, and it is all hate hate hate.

We will never be able to save ourselves or the planet because of hatred.

And it breaks my heart.

Any ideas?

No, not really. It's not my problem, I just ignore it.

Hate is Love.
The planet is not dying, not at the moment. You would have hang around for billions of years for even a sniff of planetery extinction.
Hate is LOVE
Religious nonsense of saviorship cults.
HATE is Love
And I scatter the broken hearts.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Indeed when has one person not been enough

People are mainly kind and helpful in my experience if you give them a chance to be so or provide an example.

Yes I have seen plenty of hatred too but every time i have made the effort to help the look of surprise and gratitude really makes YOU feel good too and it spreads as they return a favour to someone else.

I think 'NAMASTE' says it all

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I would mention something to you if I knew what you were talking about.

Could you please clarify your question?

No question, but you're on the right path. You wanted to know what I ment, so you asked. Step one complete.

What I mean is, if you truly want to know why the people around us hate, then ask them.
Some just want a friendly meaningless chat with another human being.
Just mention something and maybe the hate will disappear.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

about all the people who cannot save themselves?
yes, they can! it is their choice to make...

the people who chose to hate, wage wars, and kill the innocent lives of starving babies etc... you cannot help them!
it's their choice to make! only they can save themselves by refusing to do the wrong things that they do!

you can help yourself though not to be like one of them!!

namaste.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

My problem is that hatred belongs to warmongers. The power.

So let us, individual people, oppose hatred. Let us love each other. Because if we hate, we will be on the side of war and suffering.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Quite a lot. You won’t stop the hate and you won’t stop the killing, but you can reduce the incidence of both just by not hating and killing for your own part, and you can bring some succour to the surviving victims of hatred, too.

The planet is dying.

It is not. Yes, human-induced climate change is real and probably irreversible. Yes, pollution and over-exploitation of natural resources have had frightening effects and it is probably too late to do very much about them. And yes, we are almost certainly making Earth uninhabitable to future generations of humans. But if you regard being human as a tragedy, that’s not really such a deplorable outcome, is it? Make humans extinct, end of problem.

At any rate, we may vanish from the world, but the rest of the biosphere is not going to perish along with us. Life on Earth has survived numerous catastrophes and mass extinctions already. If we kill ourselves with heat and pollution, many species will become extinct along with us; but others will be saved from extinction by our disappearance. If life could recover from the Permian extinction event, whatever it was, it can certainly recover from little old us. I think it is perfectly safe to assume that life will (for the cosmic moment) go on.

many people are starving.

Not nearly as many as used to be. Besides, if people are the problem, shouldn’t we welcome anything that reduces their numbers? Perhaps the real problem is that not enough people are starving. Have you thought of that?

It breaks my heart.

Why? Think about this for a minute before you reply. All that lives must die. Nothing lasts for ever. Man’s inhumanity to man is part of his essential nature, but civilization has done wonders over the millennia at turning us into kinder, gentler creatures. Clearly you are not impressed with the progress made so far, but if things are really so bad as you make out, aren’t those who die better off than those who endure?

Any ideas?

Yes. Stop worrying. If there is something you can do to improve the world you live in, do it. If there isn’t anything you can do, what’s the point of getting the old knickers in a twist about it?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

My problem is that hatred belongs to warmongers. The power.

So let us, individual people, oppose hatred. Let us love each other. Because if we hate, we will be on the side of war and suffering.

Who gives them that power? Oh thats right, all of us here and every single person standing in line at McDonalds right now. Money gives them the 'right' to declare war on any person. We need to play a big game of telephone, everyone needs to tell someone that they are free.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

It does hurt in my heart, really and physically.

Right here in my heart.

Believe, me, I would love to be a non-carer like you.

Because it REALLY HURTS.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Gooooood morning (4:42am)! Humanity has failed, yet again. We have to realize though that hatred is a learned behavior, just like the rest of them. Monkey see, monkey do. We are all so subconsciously selfish (yes, even you!) that is rules our lives. I am only twenty one years of age, but am very eager to raise children of my own. Think about it... How would it feel to give your children a REAL, open minded upbringing?! Not this mind deluded, controlled-brainwash of an education we call 'School'. Our parents have done what they did only because it's more than likely what they've been taught (The cycle repeats). That's why we're here on this website; we lust for answers that our failed system will not deliver. It's imminent that we continue down the path we have created.

That's enough for now. Merry Chrimbus!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

My problem is that hatred belongs to warmongers.

Oh, I see. It’s an us-and-them situation, and you, of course, are one of the good guys.

I would love to be a non-carer like you.

How presumptuous and insulting. You start a snivelling little thread to show the world what a kind, gentle, sensitive soul you are and then libel the first person who disagrees with you. It appears that you are one of the warmongers and haters after all.

But funnily enough, I sort of guessed that. Sepulchres show up so plainly when they’ve been newly whitewashed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join