It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Edges out Huntsman at Tea Party Straw Poll, Cain Trounces with 77%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Paul gets 1.8%. Source is here. Just yesterday, in the latest of MANY threads about Ron Paul winning straw polls ths "disgust" at manipulating the polls was palpable because, you know, Ron Paul always wins the straw polls.

Well?

He didn't win Florida and he didn't win this one. It will be interesting to see how tha Paulistas spin this one. They have consistently said that Paul "always wins" the straw polls and the MSM media is intentionally misleading people about how popular Paul "really is." Yet here we have a couple of major straw polls (an oxymoron, in my opinion) that show Cain TROUNCING Paul and using him to wipe up the floor.

Yet there is no doubt that Cain winning Florida's entry helped give him some name recognition. And now this.

The fact is that straw polls give a completely false indication of the popularity of a candidate. All the national scientific polls are putting Paul and Cain in a dead with about 9% each.

Paul supporters who believe Paul is ahead based on straw polls are delusional.
Cain supporters who believe Cain is ahead based on straw polls are delusional.
Straw polls, by and large, are delusional. They are all biased no matter who they "support."

The difference here is that I've never heard a Cain supporter state that they really believe Cain is at 77% or that the MSM is responsible for ignoring him. But, then, they are grownups and Paul supporters aren't.

Dream on, Ron Paul. And Ron Paul supporters, one of these days, are going to wake up and realize they need to change their sheets.
edit on 10/3/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Why all the personal attacks against Ron Paul supporters? Perhaps you are the one that needs to mature?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
lol, let's hear what you claim is a good indicator of who is winning then?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't see how someone who was a CEO of a pizza place is suddenly fit to be president.

And by the way, enjoy your former Federal Reserve of Kansas City Chairman. He has no solutions, he is the status quo.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So a guy that has been polling anywhere from 19% to 30% suddenly drops to 1.9% in a week (and doesn't slaughter a baby on live TV) and you don't call shenanigans?

Perhaps is is not the "Paulistas" that need to change their sheets.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by superstatue

Cain was with the Feds, the Media wont even bother talking about that with him yet alot of people want the Fed audited.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

I think that's what he is saying. Paul hasn't ever polled at the percentage you are claiming. He only does well in straw polls where you "buy" the votes or in internet polls where they are flooded by supporters. He's not a real candidate and even more important, he isn't what you think he is either. Kudos to him on his war stance but he is a corporate controlled old washington guy just like the rest. An insider.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A normally reasonable ATSers falls by the wayside from the Quadrennial Exploitation of the Moronic Masses.

Is this a "bash Ron Paul supporters" thread? Do you have anything to say about Ron Pauls viewpoints?

Me? I am up for change of any kind (and not the fake "change" offered by the current Scoundrel in Chief. If Ron Paul can deliver that, great. If not, then find someone who can.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This might be hard for you to read but OP you just sound so whiny.

Creating a thread just to generalize entire groups of people about how delusional others are, and the only thought on my mind is how delusional you must be to actually do this.

So Ron Paul didn't show up to this straw poll, didn't speak before the FL straw poll, didn't show up to the Michigan straw poll...I wonder why...

Could it be he is actually honing his efforts in important states in Iowa, Louisiana, Nevada and New Hampshire? Where the news is reporting that he has the best or second best ground game in those important early primary states? How about instead of using your time to look up random polls and complain about other people flooding polls, look for real information relevant to the election and post about that.

This thread won't get more than 5 stars and flags from the usual RP haters on ATS, that is the power of numbers!

edit on 3-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

This thread won't get more than 5 stars and flags from the usual RP haters on ATS, that is the power of numbers!

This is the third thread I've read this week where reference was made to how few stars/flags that RP opponents got. Tell me, what is it about stars and flags that excites you so much? Do you take it as some kind of measure of righteousness on your part?

They are as useless as straw polls and internet polls.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I see alots of Cain bots in that one source of yours that you posted and a personl attack on ron paul

I could only assume by your comment that you’re a Paul supporter. Although Paul has some good idea with respect to monetary policy, the guy will never, never, never, ever get the nomination. With the exception of some of his ideas on monetary policy, Paul is a wacko. Cain has explained in great detail regarding Tarp and the Fed. He agreed with the concept of Tarp, but opposed to how it was eventually implemented. Regarding the Fed, Paul and his supporters want to end the Fed. Because those very same folks that want it abolished have not explained what it will be replaced with and who will be controlling it. Cain rather takes the position of fixing the Fed, not abolishing it. Cain has a strong foreign policy, similar to Reagan’s. Paul’s foreign policy will get us killed. Where Cain is a true conservative, Paul is a true nut job.

lol really Cain is a true conservative? and say what Paul is a true nut job??

the guy will never, never, never, ever get the nomination

Neither will Cain get the nomination seeing he looks and sounds like bush.

More attacks on Ron Paul

Amazing how so many Ron Paul supporters pop up with blown out of all proportion claims against Cain. Why is that? Your claims against him only validate even larger claims against Ron Paul the Pork Master.

i guess that poster doesnt know supports the fed.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

This thread got 1star & 1flag,was it you? but hey, its an open way to generally gauge the importance of a topic to members, is it not?

Let's just pay attention to the actual politics and get off the straw polls already, some of you make a big deal out of it when RP loses and Cain wins it, why? I thought it meant absolutely nothing?

Ron Paul is doing very well in key states but you or schuyler wouldn't care, all that matters is that you get to discredit the straw polls or anything that Ron Paul wins but when he doesn't win, it actually counts...please...

The major difference is, Cain has zero chance while RP has a better than decent chance.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

This thread got 1star & 1flag,was it you? but hey, its an open way to generally gauge the importance of a topic to members, is it not?

You're obsessed with s&f, aren't you? Were you always trying to join cliques when in hs? As far as "importance of a topic to members", I notice you're pretty active in the thread...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

what does anything have to do with my high school life? are you that desperate that you have to attack 10 years into my past?

Back to the actual topic, notice how schuyler just dropped a hissy fit attacking certain groups of people and never came back. Awesome.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Misleading Title IMO..

Not because it's not true, but because this is actually a RP bashing thread instead of a talk about the results thread...

new topics

top topics

join