It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you make it through a day?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Mari-pot and ATS!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Looking at myself in the mirror is what gets me through the day............'damn i'm pretty!'

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

My family.

Then some of the small pleasures-music, little bit of xbox......chocolate....

And of course ATS....

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

What's typical? I am new around these parts, so excuse me.

My gut instinct tells me you are not new at all..

the first post i saw of yours..was replying to a new member who had given flying lessons to someone in asia, and wanted to share what that person had told him in 1999 about what would be happening in the world according to the plans ,and inside knowledge he was given..

You berated him, demanded to know what this person who gave him information did..and were very rude, and bullish towards him..

Sound like odd behavior for someone who is so in tuned to love and laughter..

I do recall you being all over this guy..and demanding to know what this guy who gave inside info did?

So my guess is you're not new at all.. just masquerading ..again.. and being that useful disinfo agent..

edit; ok..my bad.. seems the thread shows up on my posts..

my apologies for thinking it may have been pulled

edit on 3-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Haha nice Gabby, follow that gut instinct. Just my opinion

I have spent a lot of time looking at some members who have signed up in the last month or so.
They literally all have the same MO. Sensationalist speech with shady undertones.
Wasted my day yesterday arguing with 4 of them who conspired on the same thread. I give up.

While they don't break the T&C's they are basically ruining the standard of ATS. I normally let it slide, but with the recent influx of virus warnings from their threads, I'm beginning to feel a bit concerned.

I'm not directing or accusing anyone, cos I may be wrong. I'm just putting this out there, in case someone else has noticed it.

To the OP? How do I make it through each day? Easily. 2nd line.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I use the serenity prayer when i feel down, and no i dont believe in god, its a little mantra that keeps me from losing it eheheheh

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I try to keep my attitude up in every situation, after all, live is what you make of it, and that includes entertainment

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

My companion animal (Benjamin - a cat) helps me to get through the day....he has the sweetest face....and he is full of personality! I am his human Mommy......I may be ill or going through some circumstance that is difficult...or just thinking about the mess this planet is in....and he will curl up on my lap...start purring...look at me with such love and appreciation....and I melt....then I have some hope again....to keep going...in this crazy world!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Eating, Lifting weights, Smoking, Working, Smoking, Working, eating, Smoking, Heavy bag training, eating, Smoking, ATS, Smoking, Trying to sleep, Waking up again and Smoking.

No joke.

edit: forgot to add watching UFC AND TUF....about the only thing I watch.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think of my daughter.

Everything I do is for her, as long as she breathes I will do whatever it takes.

As long as she is on this earth, I choose to be here also

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ATS, some tasty spicy foood.

The green stuff usually ends the day well, and a lil bit of naughty time with my chick

although recently finishing series 4 of Breaking Bad i do somewhat wish my life could be suspended until the airing of the new series. pah :/

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

A chemical thats already in your brain. Changed my whole life.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Usually reading a book on my lunch break helps calm me down and put things into perspective. Really it seems to be all about keeping perspective. Things can hurt emotionally but you can always get through them. It is the clinging and the holding onto things that makes it hurt. So if you are hurt or confused or depressed it means that you cared and you really fell for it all, so you should be glad that you had genuine feelings.

I used to be very hard on myself for feeling emotional pain. I used to tell myself "there are others who have it worse than you." I now think I was incorrect to look at it so dualistically, or strictly. I think it's important to seperate emotional problems with the practical problems. If a person is sad he might just miss a friend, it doesn't mean he thinks his life is in the dump, but he could still be sad for good reason.

If things ever got really bad for me as far as sadness, I'd just live a very simple life. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I am sure at least for men, the simplest happiness comes from what they have to go home to. A man can have the worst job in the world but if he has a great woman or a great situation to go home to he is happy the whole time he does that job lol. But if you don't have that, like me, it's good to be aware of that, so you know it's OK for you not to be the happiest man alive. It's OK and when it's OK that's a great feeling.

edit: I have to include thinking about the great people I have met in this life. Believe me I have met a lot not worth remembering but remember those that just inspire you or make you smile, the good ones! I have to say that literal dreaming and dream recall has enriched my life a lot. Plus reading, even though I will probably not make use of the knowledge I get from books, it is stimulating and healthy.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Novise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I lfavor the first response, as to the skunky smelling green stuff. That is definitely how I made it through many days, though no longer, as it no longer provides comfort. I try to fnd humor where I can, and solace in the idea that this is NOT all there is.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join