It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we please drop the Kerry/Vietnam scrutiny!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fawlty
I think Kerry is behind the swiftvets ads because being a traitor and liar is perhaps easier than having to justify his voting record.

I almost said this would be the next insane Republican claim when the Swiftiversy starts going bad for Bush. But I decided to wait until I see it. Didn't take long.

This will be widespread RNC opinion before the convention is over IMO.

Kerry is behind the Swift Vets.
Yup, and he rigged it to look like Rove and Bush did it. Man, that Kerry is one tricky liberal!

Shall I start the RNC chain mail about how Kerry pulled this off, or you got this one Mirthful Me?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure where the Mirthful one is, but...
I'd just like to say I'd just as soon have the election next week. I don't think I can take much more of the mud slinging called campaign politics.

Presidential campaign ads...not jut for the truth anymore

*sorry, Uncle*

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I almost said this would be the next insane Republican claim when the Swiftiversy starts going bad for Bush. But I decided to wait until I see it. Didn't take long.

This will be widespread RNC opinion before the convention is over IMO.

Kerry is behind the Swift Vets.
Yup, and he rigged it to look like Rove and Bush did it. Man, that Kerry is one tricky liberal!

Maybe not Kerry but what about the Clinton camp?

I know it's a stretch, but I haven't seen the Dems support Kerry like I thought they would. My dad, who is a longtime ACLU card carrying Democrat, honestly believes Kerry is the fall guy and Clinton is being groomed for 2008.

I didn't put much faith in his speculation, but good lord RANT, this is one of the weakest Presidential campaigns I've seen run for a long time.

Are we seeing the destruction of Kerry by certain factions within the DNC?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The state of the debate is currently abysmal Bleys but I'm not calling fall guys yet.

Bush hasn't even officially accepted the nomination yet and "reported for duty" (as it were), though I expect a play on those words next week.

Post convention the debates will tell all. If Kerry doesn't handily hand Bush his hat and Edwards doesn't make Cheney cry like school girl, then yes, the fix is in.

Meaning Clark was supposed to take root and carry on the Bush 41/Clinton/Wal-Mart cabal wholesaling of America's infrastructure to China...but the PNAC puppet will have to do for now (despite other interests) in the absence of another company man like Clinton.

Side bet. If Kerry isn't allowed to win...we will NEVER see a McCain White House either. Kerry winning 2004 gives McCain the nod in 2008. Bush winning hands her back over to another Clinton or other corporate cohort.

That would be the tin foil hat theory from me anyway.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Holy Hand grenades Batman.....

Now that's a conspiracy theory I can buy!
The Clinton's don't want Kerry to win this one, so the country can continue going to #, So Hil can ride in on the White Horse and save us all in '08!?

My God it's Brilliant.

And it just might work, American public be damnned.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon

Originally posted by American Mad Man
This is a guy who got 3 purple hearts in less then 4 months. There is something wrong there. There were guys there for a year or more who had less.

Kerry didn't award himself those medals, they were given to him by the US Military. Perhaps if people feel they are not deserved, they should be pointing the finger elsewhere. I'm sure they weren't given away like candy to good kids at the mall, they were given when they felt they were deserved and warranted.

The fact he served at all gives him a different perspective on issues that I think could be valuable to have in the White House. He's not my favorite guy, but he's one choice for president, and one that I personally feel might be beneficial in the current climate.

Might I point out that the military didn't find out about his "wounds" by any other means but by Kerry himself. I'm sure that his commander had been told that Kerry, as a boy, had been boating with none other than Jack Kennedy himself. So here we go, Kerry gets three purple hearts with not a scab or a stay at a hospital because of these horrible wounds, and gets to unass while men who suffered worse stayed their full tour. I'm not impressed the "military" as you put it, gave it to him. I've been in the military, I know how it works, I'm not at all impressed.

What makes you think he has a different perspective on today's issues because he served four months in Vietnam, made a film documentary of it, gunned down a poor man who'd already been cut to shreds by the boats machine gun, got three scratches - got three purple hearts - got the heck out of the dangerous place, and now wants us to think he's a hero? I don't buy it at all.

True enough Bush didn't go. He didn't "avoid" Vietnam as libs, who are now suspiciously noticeable of war records, want to say. Sact of the matter is nearly half of all pilots are coming from the Air National Guard, so joining the Air Guard to be a pilot would have been a stupid place to lie doggo, wouldn't you think? By the time Bush finishes training (which, by the way, takes months to accomplish) a different president is in, politics have changed and the war is being drawn down with pilots being brought back. Nothing Bush could have done about that.

Kerry shoul;d have done what Bush has done, kept quiet about the military duty thing. Had he done that he'd garnered a lot more respect from veterans rather than drawing the ire of so many about what little he did.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I had read the same comments on here from a couple of different posters, that he was given the medals by the military. I have to say that that is only a part of the story.
Kerry requested the medals, filled out the paperwork himself, and THEN the military gave them to him.

Myself personally, I think it takes away from the heroism of it all if you request it. Heroes don't go looking for glory, they happen upon it. Every hero I have ever met, or heard of, would rather not be refered to as a hero. Their just a person doing what needed to be done.

I don't get that impression of Kerry from any version of the stories I have heard, including his own.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
No one ever seems to face the point that kerry did not give himself his medals they were given to him by the military. Thirty years ago they thought he was worthy enough to be awarded them now all of a sudden people are popping up saying wait a minute kerry is a coward he doesent deserve his medals. All I have to say is were where these people thirty years ago?

Even if everything these people say about Kerry are true the sad thing is that he is still better qualified then our current president.

If that is the case why didn't Dole beat Clinton? Dole was a WWII hero and Clinon loathed the military. Typical left...lets forget about Clintons avoidance of Vietnam, but lets bash Bush over his.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

The Clinton's don't want Kerry to win this one, so the country can continue going to #, So Hil can ride in on the White Horse and save us all in '08!?

My God it's Brilliant.

You're just getting it? I'm republican all the way, but I know the power of the Clintons. Nobody stands in the way of what the clinton's want... Vince Foster, Ron Brown, Jim McDougal and countless others have learned that. Kerry is a sacraficial lamb, ALGORE knew, Hillary knew, the democratic party knew Bush could not be defeated, how do you think of all people, John Kerry got in this position? As a Republican, I believe the Clintons are an ally of Bush right now, I will accept this now, but the gloves come off in 2008.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

My God it's Brilliant.

You're just getting it? I'm republican all the way, but I know the power of the Clintons. Nobody stands in the way of what the clinton's want... Vince Foster, Ron Brown, Jim McDougal and countless others have learned that. Kerry is a sacraficial lamb, ALGORE knew, Hillary knew, the democratic party knew Bush could not be defeated, how do you think of all people, John Kerry got in this position? As a Republican, I believe the Clintons are an ally of Bush right now, I will accept this now, but the gloves come off in 2008.

Sorry, next time I'll remember to use the [sarcasm] tag...
I've been telling my wife this since before Howard Dean went Yaahhhggrrrhhhh
That's why when the rumors that Hil was going to be the VP came out, I blew it off. She's nobody's second banana, not even Bill's. She's going to finish the term as senator, maybe run for re-election so she will have a pulpit for the 2 years after that... Then she's going to shoot for the top spot.

Hil's betting on Kerry loosing. Wait a minute... Hey Rant... It's the Clinton's behind the Swift Boat Vets, isn't it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join