It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did ATS only leave the thread about CIA operative Ray Davis up for 5 minutes before it was take

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
off the new topics page? Seriously? Where did it go? It's still up in the Social Issues
forum but you can't get there from one of the main topic pages.
What's up with that ATS?
Here's the link to the thread if anyone's interested...Same CIA Operative Freed From Pakistan, Charged In Colorado Fight Over Parking Spot
edit on 2-10-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have been getting censored alot in my threads as well. Its starting to discourage me from starting to contribute through threads. I realize some content is not usable, but after this Ben Bernanke comment of "Listening program" thing I started getting censored. I don't wanna just blame that but I noticed these developments as well. Maybe ATS is CIA-based?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

If there are newer topics, then your thread might get bumped out fast. There should be a lot of replies (or stars and flags) to your thread so that it can stay longer in the new topics section.
edit on 2-10-2011 by wavemaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If your thread doesn't get enough flags or replies, it will dissapear.

Usually means no-one's interested in the subject.

Cream rises to the top here on ATS...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Btw, I checked the new topics section and your thread is still there. I found your thread in the new topics section. So your thread was not taken down.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Hey thanks for providing us the link.

edit on 2-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Because ATS is a front for the CIA. They set up sites like this to get the low down on what people are thinking. Like the Catholic church does through confession.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by calman2278
I have been getting censored alot in my threads as well. Its starting to discourage me from starting to contribute through threads. I realize some content is not usable, but after this Ben Bernanke comment of "Listening program" thing I started getting censored. I don't wanna just blame that but I noticed these developments as well. Maybe ATS is CIA-based?

What do you mean maybe
Any of the realy good info alway get put to the back unless your name is ( well you know who they are )
this place is getting prety useless

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Good grief... No ATS is not a CIA front... You've mistaken it for Facebook.
Have a quick read here and enjoy the banter SO's Rant

The reason topics aren't shown on the "Recent Posts" page is just that, there hasn't been any recent posts and/or flags.
edit on 10/2/2011 by D4nny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Because ATS is a front for the CIA. They set up sites like this to get the low down on what people are thinking. Like the Catholic church does through confession.

Now that's funny! I think

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

If there are newer topics, then your thread might get bumped out fast. There should be a lot of replies (or stars and flags) to your thread so that it can stay longer in the new topics section.

Sorry but i see dead end thread on here all the time on fire hose

Ya Ya i Know

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by wavemaker

Sorry but i see dead end thread on here all the time on fire hose

Ya Ya i Know

There is a big differance between "New Topics" www.abovetopsecret.com... and "Firehose" www.abovetopsecret.com... Fire hose is "A wide-open, constantly updating feed, of newly posted topics over the past 12 hours" and New Topics is "a convenient real-time, constantly updated (without page-refreshing) list of the newest topics, new topics receiving member flags, and the new topics receiving member replies."

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Because ATS is a front for the CIA.

top topics

join