It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live UFO's NYC webcam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ok - now these are cool. Unless air traffic control is completely losing it and letting aircraft fly so closely together, these pix are very interesting... Good catch!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I made a gif a some frames. It goes around that cloud/smoke...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I doubt planes are allowed to fly that close together.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I tried to zoom in on them and they look like they been photoshopped with a black marker. So who knows.

link   

Originally posted by SpacedOut85
I made a gif a some frames. It goes around that cloud/smoke...

interesting.. here's a repost of a press release i just found specifically on NYC..

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is planning to modify the airspace over the Hudson River by revising procedures to create safe, dedicated operating corridors for all the aircraft that fly at lower altitudes around Manhattan.

“The New York Airspace Task Force chartered on August 14 developed a comprehensive series of recommendations that we plan to implement as quickly as possible,” said FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt. “These steps will significantly enhance safety in this busy area and create crystal-clear rules for all of the pilots who operate there.”

The safety enhancements would restructure the airspace, mandate pilot operating rules, create a new entry point into the Hudson River airspace from Teterboro, standardize New York area charts and develop new training for pilots, air traffic controllers and businesses that operate helicopters and aircraft in the area.

One of the most significant changes, if adopted, would divide the airspace into altitude corridors that separate aircraft flying over the river from those operating to and from local heliports or seaplane bases.

Specifically, this new exclusionary zone would be comprised of three components:

It would establish a uniform “floor” for the Class B airspace over the Hudson River at 1,300 feet, which would also serve as the “ceiling” for the exclusionary zone.
Between 1,300-2,000 feet, it would require aircraft to operate in the Class B airspace under visual flight rules but under positive air traffic control, and to communicate on the appropriate air traffic frequency.
Between 1,000-1,300 feet, it would require aircraft using VFR to use a common radio frequency for the Hudson River. Aircraft operating below 1,000 feet would use the same radio frequency.
Press Release – FAA Announces Plan to Enhance Safety for New York Airspace

edit on 2-10-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm diggin it. *hat on* I'll be watching the cams for the next hour at least, very interesting!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I tried to zoom in on them and they look like they been photoshopped with a black marker. So who knows.

The WEBCAM is photoshopped? With a black marker?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You guys are kidding right?

I can see those cruise ships from my window right now. This cam is looking west north west or right at Newark Airports incoming and outgoing planes. The hudson corridor has air traffic all the time. Helicopters and planes and birds.

These are NOT UFOS.

time for bed now kids

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by demetriandlucy

Why so angry?
But he has a point.
There seems to be nothing to see here. Just ordinary air traffic that glows very bright. You shouldn't waste too much of your time with this webcams...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
there's a HELO pad on west 30th..and the Webcam is on 350 W 42nd St New York

could be HELO's .. and with the new FAA rules as of Nov 2009.. which stats ALL aircraft need to have collision devices enable (lights i'm assuming) ..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
You guys are kidding right?

I can see those cruise ships from my window right now. This cam is looking west north west or right at Newark Airports incoming and outgoing planes. The hudson corridor has air traffic all the time. Helicopters and planes and birds.

These are NOT UFOS.

time for bed now kids

Thank you for comfirming

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by demetriandlucy

Originally posted by Manhater

The WEBCAM is photoshopped? With a black marker?

zoom in on the pictures I took and tell me what you see, rather then jumping the gun.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Awww MOM can't we stay up late and play pretend, just for tonight?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Photoneffect - where are the indicators? The green and red lights that planes have to operate as a standard safety feature. If you can answer that question I will believe you. Until then they are not planes.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Here's another live webcam over the Statue of Liberty which appears to be continuous streaming. You can see some flashing lights here as well but they're somwhat low on the screen (to the right of the statue) and again, I'm pretty sure tonight it's probably air traffic because I have my windows open and can hear the helicopters intermittently overhead. BTW, I saw a live copter going behind the statue a few minutes ago - very cool looking but definitely man made.

Statue of Liberty Webcam NYC

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
timidgal & Komodo - I took the photographs with a small canon camera - no bigger than the palm of my hand - nothing fancy or sophisticated. Some of what you see are Orbs ( they appear in my photographs all the time) some may be planets but the small triangle in the centre is a plane. When you look at the triangle you can see the red of the indicator. I think it was a clear night back in August - an astronomer could tell us what planets were visible in the southern skies at that time.

I posted the photograph to prove that planes must have the red and green lights - no red and green indicator lights then we do not have a man made plane - simple. My understanding is the red and green lights are accepted and recognised globally.

Great post Komodo - you have stirred everyone into action - well done - at least a few of us are using our cognitive abilities to discuss and explore. Good for you. Much Peace to everyone...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Photoneffect - where are the indicators? The green and red lights that planes have to operate as a standard safety feature. If you can answer that question I will believe you. Until then they are not planes.

Much Peace...

Indicators?? Frankly I dont gaff if you believe me or not. If youve any clue what air traffic is like over Manhattan at any given time than you'd know that its not ufos. it was raining here so there could be moisture on the lens that makes the lights appear to have halos or just blobs of light.

But im looking over the exact place that the op live cam is and theres not a ufo in sight. youre going to have to trust me on this one

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Seems several of the "orbs" are stationary...here is a site that has live feed from the various New York fire and safety channels. Maybe they'll say something about them ;P, at the moment I believe there is a good sized fire in Manhatten. It looked like there was smoke coming from a building in the distance.
www.radioreference.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I sure am glad that all these aircraft appear to be climbing...

and not diving towards the city.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join