It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live UFO's NYC webcam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ok...last reply...

location of the cam is

350 W 42nd St New York

maps.google.com...

link   
Does anyone know what proximity the Wall Street protests are from this live cam shot? Helicopters seem plausible for the latest images posted. Occupy Wall Street has started to garner some MSM coverage. Perhaps these are news and/or NYPD helicopters hovering over the protesters? Just a notion for the perhaps increased air traffic.

link   
There are 3 major airports in NYC area. Plus small regionals and Helo's.

There is always air traffic.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I kinda get the feeling if the sky was full of UFOs then lots of people in New York would have noticed by now. Not to mention all the people in the aircrafts flying over it..

well.. obciously not everyone looks up continuously .. so .. yea.. they wouldn't notice it.@@:

2nd to be sure:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
That's a little too bright to be a plane.

no it could still be a chopper.

we need a 'Phage' like analysis of another webcam

showing the same area of sky...with better resolution,

or a zoom on that thing.

until then, don't look at it. it will keep you up all night!!!

edit on 10/2/2011 by drphilxr because: formatting

edit on 10/2/2011 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
PhoenixOD - you have a point about people should be noticing the sky - but are you aware of just how many people do not ever look up at the sky? People are just running to work and from work and whatever else they do. I would agree with you if I knew that humanity as a whole actually stood still long enough to look up.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Remember Oct 28/11 coming up fast

D4rk Knight story line continue on Q

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Does anyone know what proximity the Wall Street protests are from this live cam shot? Helicopters seem plausible for the latest images posted. Occupy Wall Street has started to garner some MSM coverage. Perhaps these are news and/or NYPD helicopters hovering over the protesters? Just a notion for the perhaps increased air traffic.

that's what I'm asking as well, I'm not ruling out helo's but any fixed wing I'd have to say nada, esp, jets and it being at night, you have to be flying instruments, it that helo's do not normally use spot lights and most, unless are news or police, use them but

point them at the ground..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr

Originally posted by Manhater
That's a little too bright to be a plane.

no it could still be a chopper.

we need a 'Phage' like analysis of another webcam

showing the same area of sky...with better resolution,

or a zoom on that thing.

until then, don't look at it. it will keep you up all night!!!

edit on 10/2/2011 by drphilxr because: formatting

edit on 10/2/2011 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

really ?? so .. we have to rely on someone eles logical thinking ??

wow.. seriously ??

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
PhoenixOD - you have a point about people should be noticing the sky - but are you aware of just how many people do not ever look up at the sky? People are just running to work and from work and whatever else they do. I would agree with you if I knew that humanity as a whole actually stood still long enough to look up.

Much Peace...

I agree that not many people look verticaly upwards but when you are walking along and driving about you cant help noticing lights in the distance on the horizon. So everyone who is not directly underneath them would see them easily. Plus you have everyone in aircrafts looking out of the windows who are taking off and landing at Newark.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
i don't see anything out of the ordinary

wait for it ..

they're there..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Originally posted by Amanda5

Much Peace...

I agree that not many people look verticaly upwards but when you are walking along and driving about you cant help noticing lights in the distance on the horizon. So everyone who is not directly underneath them would see them easily. Plus you have everyone in aircrafts looking out of the windows who are taking off and landing at Newark.

look at the distance from the cam to the street and with all the buildings in between.. you really think even if they were looking up .. they even see them.. thus the reason for the webcam.. so ppl can see what they/we normally wouldn't being on the ground..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am still waiting for someone to tell me why the 'planes' do not have red or green flashing lights? Planes are supposed to have them - they indicate to other pilots whether they are coming toward or moving away. I have located a photograph I took from my backyard. It will go some way to showing how planes show up in a photograph. I was photographing Orbs when a plane appeared - so I took a photograph for comparison. I know it is a little difficult to see but if you look towards the middle of the photograph - there are three lights that appear to be a triangle - the red light is the light of which I speak - as an indicator - the other two lights are the standard lights on the wings.

Any thoughts, opinions, ideas - all welcome.

I have to crop the photographs to get them accepted as an upload.
Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

No question there's been lots of strange things in the skies over NY the last few weeks and I've posted a number of times myself. I finally got tired of all the ridicule I was being subjected to and just gave up - I knew what I was seeing with my own eyes but if you don't own professional equipment, it's hard to capture these things adequately.

Anyway, these webcams are pretty cool, Komodo, and yeah, it appears that there are some lights, particularly seen on webcam 3; however, I've become somewhat adept of looking up every night now and can usually discern between what's stationary (as in a planet or star) and what's out of the ordinary. As for tonight, I noticed one bright light high in the sky which has remained stationary (and hence I'm assuming it's either a star or a planet) but a whole lot of local air traffic. Keep looking because in spite of the ridicule, I've seen some pretty unexplainable things over the last few months and you never know when you'll capture something...

Thanks for posting the links to the webcams - I'll add them to my resources. Cheers!

TG

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I've noticed that when I try to zoom in on a brightly lit object in the sky too closely, especially with a digital zoom, it takes on the appearance of the "orb like" figure you have in your picture. As for the other dot (if that's what you're referring to), it could be a star or a plane. I know there's a lot of traffic in the air tonight.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

well.. those could be stars you're looking at, hard to tell actually .. but yes, even on the live webcam, I don't see the red & green, just pure bright light.. which would only be a fixed wing aircraft coming directly into the webcam; problem i have is that the 'bright light' is also on the side .. so no matter what angle it is at ..it's still bright..

Need FAA rules.. gonna see if i can look them up ..

bingo! .. and a faily new doc is out .. 2009..

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is planning to modify the airspace over the Hudson River by revising procedures to create safe, dedicated operating corridors for all the aircraft that fly at lower altitudes around Manhattan.

“The New York Airspace Task Force chartered on August 14 developed a comprehensive series of recommendations that we plan to implement as quickly as possible,” said FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt. “These steps will significantly enhance safety in this busy area and create crystal-clear rules for all of the pilots who operate there.”

The safety enhancements would restructure the airspace, mandate pilot operating rules, create a new entry point into the Hudson River airspace from Teterboro, standardize New York area charts and develop new training for pilots, air traffic controllers and businesses that operate helicopters and aircraft in the area.

One of the most significant changes, if adopted, would divide the airspace into altitude corridors that separate aircraft flying over the river from those operating to and from local heliports or seaplane bases.

Specifically, this new exclusionary zone would be comprised of three components:

It would establish a uniform “floor” for the Class B airspace over the Hudson River at 1,300 feet, which would also serve as the “ceiling” for the exclusionary zone.
Between 1,300-2,000 feet, it would require aircraft to operate in the Class B airspace under visual flight rules but under positive air traffic control, and to communicate on the appropriate air traffic frequency.
Between 1,000-1,300 feet, it would require aircraft using VFR to use a common radio frequency for the Hudson River. Aircraft operating below 1,000 feet would use the same radio frequency.
Press Release – FAA Announces Plan to Enhance Safety for New York Airspace

edit on 2-10-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join