It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch Brothers' Company Tied To Global Criminal Misdeeds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I tried doing a search but had no luck finding this.

A just-published bombshell article in the November issue of Bloomberg Markets magazine implicates Koch Industries, the company controlled by Republican mega-donors Charles and David Koch, in dozens of criminal acts around the globe over the past three decades.

Here are some of the key points:

Koch Industries allegedly made improper payments to win business in 6 countries over 8 years (through 2008) — a potential violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. The company described them as "activities constitute[ing] violations of criminal law."

Koch Industries sold millions of dollars of oil refining equipment to Iran — even after President George W. Bush described the nation as a member of the 'Axis of Evil.' The company maintains these sales were legal at the time, and says it has since cut ties with the rogue nation.

The sad thing is, these are two of the most influential people in today's politics, swaying public opinion at their whim through the use of media and their own creation - the Tea Party.

Once our brothers and sisters who are still blindly supporting the tea party realize the extent of the corporate control within it, perhaps we can all come closer together against our true enemies, guys like these two douche-bags.

Business Insider

Khar

Ex

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

I think they should be in jail on federal laws of Rackateering ane Treason.
but then they are:

Lobbying Washington
The Koch brothers have vaulted into the American political spotlight in recent years. Koch Industries has spent more than $50 million to lobby in Washington since 2006, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan group that tracks political donations. The company opposed derivatives regulation and greenhouse gas limits.

The brothers have backed a foundation that has trained thousands of Tea Party activists. The Tea Party, a popular movement whose name stands for Taxed Enough Already, has grown into a potent force in national politics. Sixty representatives of Congress, out of a total of 435, identify themselves as Tea Party members. Virtually every Republican candidate for president -- including Texas Governor Rick Perry and Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann -- has solicited the group’s support.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 10/2/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Thanks for the reply Ex. We're in pretty sad times when folks like this have more political influence on our country than most of us combined.

Being a democrat is not going to help us, being a republican or a tea partier won't either. We need to come together and stop arguing like neighbors over fences while our neighborhoods are stripped away by corporate profiteers.

Khar

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The Koch Brothers are free to break the law, while peaceful protestors get arrested and beat down...

Wonderful!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Unfortunately, they are too rich to be touched.

Such a shame.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ge has done the same thing didnt hear anyone make an issue of it and wait for it?

ge doesnt pay taxes and ges boss is head a job czar and is in bed with the current admin my beef with this is.

gave ge a free pass not nope koch are the villians here.

yeah yet another thread about evil right wingers and turning a blind eye to their own.
edit on 2-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
ge has done the same thing didnt hear anyone make an issue of it and wait for it?

Please cite some examples of GE doing the sorts of actions listed in the article (trading with Iran, paying bribes to win business, ignoring environmental regulations, and so on....)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Nothing has changed in thousands of years. He who has the gold makes the rules. The sad thing for people like the Koch's is that it is not even about the money anymore, it is about the bragging rights. It sucks to know that the board game Monopoly was based on real life.............

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Holy crap, why didn't I connect the dots earlier....

Based on this information... in a roundabout way...

Iran has funded the Tea Party?!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
bribes are wrong,,,,,,,,,, but in international and when dealing with dictators, foreign regimes,,,,it's unfortunately standard operating procedure

google,,,, BAE systems bribes, corruption

i think pbs frontline did a big show on it,,,,,,,, or maybe it was a doc
here it is
www.pbs.org...

saudi princes expect bribes as others,,,so do hi ranking miltary

www.corpwatch.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

morals in all facets are slowly degradating

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Please cite some examples of GE doing the sorts of actions listed in the article (trading with Iran, paying bribes to win business, ignoring environmental regulations, and so on....)

GE didn't pay any taxes, and considering what I pay I think GE should be dragged through whatever hell the legal system or the Occupy Wall Streeters can think of. That doesn't excuse the Kock brothers whatsoever, but to the retard you're arguing with I guess it does.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

The Koch Brothers didn't start the Tea party but they did a fantastic job of infiltrating and taking it over. There is no left or right in politics its it just them against we the people. As far as koch brothers why would anyone be surprised. They have been involved with the left over fascist movement from Hitlers Germany since WWll. All anyone has to do is a little research. The trail will take you directly to what is called the Neocons. Nothing ever changes this left right is all controlled by the Bankers and the battle is still raging between the communists and the fascists. The only difference is how to go about implementing the NWO and battling over which side is has the most control.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

Originally posted by negativenihil

GE didn't pay any taxes, and considering what I pay I think GE should be dragged through whatever hell the legal system or the Occupy Wall Streeters can think of. That doesn't excuse the Kock brothers whatsoever, but to the retard you're arguing with I guess it does.

Great... however, the statement was made that "GE has done the same thing", implying that GE has engaged in improper payments, and trading with countries such as Iran. GE's ability to weasel out of paying taxes hardly went un-noticed.

I want, firm, specific examples that "GE has done the same thing" as these charges leveled against the Koch Brothers.

Back in my day, this sort of "throw s--t against the wall and see what sticks" tactic would be called out here on ATS... Deny Ignorance and all that.
edit on 3-10-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Back in my day, this sort of "throw s--t against the wall and see what sticks" tactic would be called out here on ATS... Deny Ignorance and all that.
edit on 3-10-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

Hehe it's good to see some old school members come in on this thread. I agree neg, lots of poo flinging these days with very little to back up, but it seems lots of new members enjoy that.

Thanks for your comments folks.

Khar

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

And yet there are still some numbskulls that defend these lowlives.
When will everyone wake up? When they make us hand over all our ownership rights to the corporations and banks?
Oh wait, been there, done that. Some people just never ever learn.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

gave ge a free pass not nope koch are the villians here.

yeah yet another thread about evil right wingers and turning a blind eye to their own.
edit on 2-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Nope. Not a thread about "evil right wingers" or GE.

Just a few posts in and already folks are looking to change the topic.

The fact that Jefferey Dahmer existed doesn't make John Wayne Gacey any less of Serial Killer.

The OP is about the Koch Brothers

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
bribes are wrong,,,,,,,,,, but in international and when dealing with dictators, foreign regimes,,,,it's unfortunately standard operating procedure

bribes are the least of it

Four federal agencies -- the National Institutes of Health, the Food and Drug Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration -- say that benzene is a cause of cancer.

On Jan. 6, 1995, Koch’s refining unit informed the Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission, or TNRCC, that it had installed a new anti-pollution device called a Thermatrix that used flameless heat to burn off the benzene. The machine lacked sufficient capacity for the job, Barnes-Soliz says, and refinery workers disconnected it within days.

“The refinery was just hemorrhaging benzene into the atmosphere,” she says.

Three months after disconnecting the machine, Koch filed a quarterly report with Texas regulators, while concealing that it had violated the emission rules.

Pressured to Change

On Aug. 17, 1995, Koch Industries attorney Vincent Mietlicki wrote a memo to another company lawyer, Thomas Meek, saying the refinery had given the state incorrect information about its uncontrolled benzene emissions.

“I think it goes without saying that there is a need to correct our first quarterly report which is misleading and inaccurate,” he wrote.

That December, a refinery manager asked Barnes-Soliz to tally the plant’s annual benzene emissions for a report to state regulators, Barnes-Soliz says. She found 91 metric tons of uncontrolled benzene emissions, more than 15 times higher than what the rules allowed.

“I redid the calculation a lot of times,” Barnes-Soliz says.

Those levels of emissions could increase the cancer risk to refinery employees and the public, she says. Barnes-Soliz reported the results in a document dated Jan. 4, 1996, to Mietlicki, the same lawyer who had written the memo calling out the inaccuracies in the quarterly report Koch filed with the state. She says Mietlicki and other Koch executives pressured her to lower the figures in her report.

Falsified Document

“There were a lot of meetings to try and get me to change the number,” she says. “It was hard, but I held firm to my convictions.”

Barnes-Soliz’s bosses went around her. On April 8, 1996, Koch reported to Texas regulators that its Corpus Christi plant had uncontrolled emissions of 0.61 metric tons for 1995, or 1/149th the quantity she had found.

“When I saw they had actually falsified that document, I had no recourse but to notify the authorities,” Barnes-Soliz says.

On April 18, 1996, on her lunch break, she drove to the state’s TNRCC office and reported that Koch had lied about its benzene emissions. By the time Barnes-Soliz walked in, environmental regulators were already investigating Koch in Corpus Christi.

www.bloomberg.com...

Now you know why the cancer rate is through the roof in the region around the Koch Plant in Corpus Christi. The birth defect rate is twice that of the national average.

The Koch brothers have publicly stated they want to eliminate the EPA.

These guys are billionaire sociapaths and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Why is this article not on the front page???????

Corruption of epic proportions!! BUMP!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Why is this article not on the front page???????

I don't know, seems like pretty big news to me. Maybe I didn't make the OP inflammatory enough or overly partisan.

Thanks to all who have participated.

Khar

new topics

top topics

join