It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'll be in the Brisbane CBD tomorrow for work, so I'll definitely be able to check out Occupy Brisbane.

I do agree however, that the whole "Occupy" thing in Australia doesn't really fit... it will be interesting to see how it goes.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
I read something today, reminded me of this thread.

"; for in a time when so much was written on subjects which no one could determine, people seemed to live in a perpetual state of quarrel and contention."

That's where we are right now, everywhere, what good will my protest do in a very small town full of miners and farmers? I'd be lucky not to be run out of town.

for instance...

$80,000 cleaning at the mine camp (starting wage)
$100,000 Dump truck driving (starting wage)
$130,000 Supervising mine camp construction (starting wage)

see?!?!

We're actually not doing that bad, when you think about it mates, and if your situation is not working for you....
only you have the power to change it.

a

Have that attitude when the new migration resources act passed in the last budget brings in 16,000 chineseand Indian workers to circumnavigate Aussie workers...power te ye then smug miners , who tell us all how graet the Chinese mining companies are...idiots.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Not sure if you're attacking my attitude or not, it doesn't matter though.
What I see is advertisements on t.v about skill shortage in the mining industry but the simple fact is unless you know someone in the job or are related to someone in the job, you don't get in. Doesn't matter how many tickets you've paid for, and they can cost thousands.
Who cares if the Chinese come in? Or the Indians really? Who are we to say they don't deserve a fair cop at the money being thrown around? Do you think they will stop ripping up the ground for the money underneath just because you don't like it? What I don't want to see is them, (imported labour) being taken advantage of, since some of them wont speak great English, it leaves the door open to being manipulated and underpaid, exactly what happens to our imported work force for the picking seasons here.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have huge qualms with imported labor. Why should we be bringing in Chinese & Indian labor when we have people here who are unemployed and/or eager to get a spot in the mines!?

Sure, we can give them a slice of the money being thrown around but why not offer it to our own people first and then if we can't fulfill the quota for labor offer it to foreigners.

And why the Chinese and Indians? Because they'll work for bugger all and of COURSE they're going to get taken advantage of, otherwise we'd have flocks from the UK heading over. Personally, I think we should bring a load of those boys over, especially with the condition Ireland's in...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
lol man i saw the march down Collins street with the cops patrolling in crowd control cars. I went out for lunch and i heard this ruckus with cop cars and people with megaphones. It certainly got people looking and was an awesome distraction from the day to day business morons that walk around the city. It was awesome, i even took some video on my phone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join