It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If intelligent extraterrestrials exist, what about God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
well, ya never know about anything. do ya.

you are all a bunch of freaks. no?

maybe some.

does this creep all you guys out?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
Here's an interesting article I just came across. Hopefully some find it interesting.

The discovery of intelligent aliens would be mind-blowing in many respects, but it could present a special dilemma for the world's religions, theologians pondering interstellar travel concepts said Saturday.

In other words, "Did Jesus die for Klingons too?" as philosophy professor Christian Weidemann of Germany's Ruhr-University Bochum titled his talk at a panel on the philosophical and religious considerations of visiting other worlds.

The article then goes into how the existence of other worlds might reflect on our religions and ideologies and if certain religions might have more difficulties adapting.

Another possibility is that God incarnated multiple times, sending a version of Himself down to save each inhabited planet separately. However, based on the best guesses of how many civilizations we might expect to exist in the universe, and how long planets and civilizations are expected to survive, God's incarnations would have had to be in about 250 places simultaneously at any given time, assuming each incarnation took about 30 years, Weidemann calculated.

Which brings us to an interesting point. If we are not the only life in the universe and God had to be incarnated on multiple worlds, what does that do to the idea of Holy Trinity. How does Jesus become equal to God and not only a prophet if God has to appear on many worlds in a similar manner? The idea of trinity falls apart to become multiplicity.

Anyways, thought it was an interesting article.

MSNBC

Khar

ok, so you are speculating? like if aliens exist and believe in god?

god can do anything. just because you are huuuuuuuuuuuman doesn't mean god is bound by your limitations, ya think!!!

he is beyond klingons and ferengi's.

ya, "do not go gentle into that good night."

ask the aliens about god.

when you meet one, of course.

edit on 6-10-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Alintaer

I read the RA law of one and it is truly great material and as close to a belief system that I follow. I read bringers of the dawn before that and enjoyed it as well (though IMO not as accurate as LOO). Cass on the otherhand I am not to fond of because IMO it is strongly influenced by the "channel's" opinion.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Dont worry about Klingons and Ferengis, Zetas and Andromedans.

Silly mind play - we ALREADY have different beliefs here on Earth...sort those differences out first...and THEN think about the other planets.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Personally, I feel god is the universe, I don't think god put us here, nor did god put life here or any of the planets. with some form of consciousness, but ultimately I feel the universe is just one big living organism. We are all apart of god and god is apart of us.

I don't think god just one day after existing for so long went "I'm bored" and decided to put together life as we know it. I think god is as confused as us. Unaware of the impact it had on everything around it. Just one day it was, as was the universe as god knew it. Nothing we can do would ever trump that idea because there is no way to really prove otherwise.

Even if we created a universe tomorrow people would just argue that god gave us everything we needed to create it.

All ETs could ever prove is our own origin and history. If they told us they created us, and showed us all the evidence needed that in my eyes would negate Religion, unless of course the stories matched up.

In the grand scheme of things, nothing can ever negate the existence of god. any argument for or against god is going to be a circular argument. There is too much information we don't have, and never will to debunk every thought that is put out there. Which is the problem with religion. A vast marjoity of the things being stated are nothing more than opinion.

Even if every event in the bible did happen, who are you to say I'm wrong by making the claim it was tampered with? And that god = ETs? It's no more/less valid than any other claim about a creator.

The existence of "aliens" in the universe in no way negates a God...nor his dying for us to save us.

Wouldn't this require some sort of proof that he actually died for our sins for that to happen? As is the idea that Jesus died for our sins negates itself simply by existing without any sort of proof.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The book of Enoch says the sun revolves around the earth, which it certainly implies is flat.

Anyone saying that God is not an alien needs an English lesson.

Alien=not from here

ET=Not originating from Earth!!!

This proves that by ANY definition God is both alien and ET (except the 'God is made up by humans' one)

Namaste.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Threegirls because: I'm tired.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MCJustJ

What you believe in is pantheism. Personally I'm more inclined to believe in a form of Panentheism, or even Panendeism.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
reply to post by MCJustJ

What you believe in is pantheism. Personally I'm more inclined to believe in a form of Panentheism, or even Panendeism.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Haven't read over the entire wikis yet but just getting the basics from the top I kind of do consider myself to be more Panentheism, but this specific part of Pandeism

It is therefore most particularly the belief that the Creator of the Universe actually became the Universe, and so ceased to exist as a separate and conscious entity

This is one of the earliest thoughts I remember having in regards to questioning God in the traditional sense that I knew it before then. I've moved away from that now and do kind of consider god to see be existent in the sense I explained above, but that thought was the core of my beliefs in coming to this.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human4life
reply to post by IndieA

Then what is he?

Where does he come from?

Aren't we made in his own image? In other words we look like him, but not exactly like him.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

God is something some guy in a beard made up a couple thousands of years ago as a joke. When they believed him (people were very supersticious and gullable) he then made up more stories the.....BOOM... the bible was created. To this day, the cult known as "Christianity" still tells tales about this imaginery being and to this day despite no proof what so ever people still believe in these fairy tales.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

What if: Intelligent extraterrestrials are not what you think they are?
That right there would change not one thing regarding YHWH, Yeshua or the Holy Spirit. In my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

The thought alone is created to gain attention, it was not based on any truth. There is nothing in the world that will make a person who has been abducted by an alien or has learned about alien activities decrease their belief in God.

It will only make it larger because they are seeing something that is too big to believe. Why isn't that obvious?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Aliens are god. They are creators of the world. They want their earth back.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

“I know nothing of God or the Devil. I have never seen a vision nor learned a secret that would damn or save my soul.” The same can be said of aliens and extraterrestrials.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
When Jesus incarnated, that means that God loves us enough to become human. Romans: 6:10

For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

That does not mean that there is no life on other planets (who would think so,…… in this vast universe… wow). But it does mean that life on other planets eagles1 eagles2 did not require Jesus to die for them. Why? They did not have a sin problem that they needed to be redeemed from. So the summation: is that Jesus is Human… He never incarnated into other alien civilizations – to be ‘one like them’.
edit on 23/10/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

The book of Enoch says

Probably one of the many reasons that this book was not canonized. You will not find it in the Bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join