It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If intelligent extraterrestrials exist, what about God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Lets say that there are many planets with life on them and that God was incarnated many times...the answer is easy the Bible states that God is omnipresent - He can be everywhere at the same time...it doesn't change the basic ideas or believes of the trinity it only proves even more how amazing and powerful the trinity really is!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by Kharron

If figuring out that their religions were wrong in teaching that the Earth is flat and the Sun revolves around us didn't make people question their religions, what makes you think anything would? True believers will believe no matter what. That is merely their nature.

Nice argument, too bad it's complete bollocks. The Bible neither says the Sun revolves around Earth nor that the Earth is flat.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

If he has done this elsewhere, what is Trinity?

Khar

Fairy tales, like unicorns, only people take the Trinity seriously.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I never understood the hold up with religions and the existence of ET's. Why would one exclude the other? If ID or creator exists then why would it be a stretch to believe that if the creator created the universe and made it possible for life forms to evolve that different intelligent races would exist? I think only those that are not flexible, extremely limited in their beliefs would have trouble with this.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If god did create other beings on other planets, why wouldn't he have mentioned it to the person whom he inspired to write genesis? No where does it say that god created many lifeforms throughout the universe. As a matter of fact, and it's been a while since I've read it, it specifically states that god created man to be a slave and tend the garden of eden. Although, when I was younger, they kept saying it was because god was lonely and couldn't find the same companionship with the beasts he created, so he made man, or something like that.

As for the bible not saying that the sun revolved around the earth, you're right, it didn't. But I seem to remember the christian authorities of the time putting Galileo under house arrest for the rest of his life for suggesting that it was the other way around.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

The thing about western judea christian ethic is that some aspects still smack of "heliocentrism"(spelling).
The idea that the world is the center of the Universe and everything revolves around "us" has been debunked, right?
That Jesus said that everyone has the power to become the sons of God, so there must be more sons of God somewhere... here, there, everywhere? Thanks to Hubble we now recognize the vastness of the "known" Universe and that Universe must be Teeming with life and people and angels and devils right? His house has many rooms, eh?
So it follows that there must be more than one Holy Trinity out there, in fact an infinite number based on the numbers of stars. Maybe just one source of all life (God) but multitudes of worlds and battles between good and evil for the souls thereon. We are but one tiny population on a remote flyspeck Garden of Eden in all of the Universe and yet we are the most important thing in all of the vastness of Suns and planets. We are alive....

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

We further have the task of interpreting with our own minds the stories the Bible hands down to us. The scribes that actually wrote the original texts had as much understanding of science as a baby. There were no telescopes to see out, microscopes to see in, science to analyze the mystery of our world and space. They barely had fire, iron and the wheel.
Now were supposed to hold fast to some ancient understanding and give it relevance in light of what we know today. Thats ridiculous.
We should grow up a little and let go of older beliefs with out letting go of our spirit.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

The answer to this dilemma is there are whole alien races and beings 'out there' who are indistinguishable from Jesus.

This is also our destiny.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I believe that good and evil permeate throughout the entire universe, within all intelligent sentient beings. If one had faith in a creator prior to the contemplation of extraterrestrial life, that opinion should be reinforced upon the possible confirmation of extraterrestrial life. If one believes in God, he is said to be the creator of the entire universe, not just planet Earth.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
While the Trinity I fell is relevant to us Earthlings, it is still a man-made concept per se.
I'm inclined to say that the Trinity and Jesus pertains specifically to the inhabitants of Earth. Think about the purpose of Jesus. If you imply that Jesus and His salvation is limited to those who follow His teachings, you are not only throwing out any possible alien civilizations, but also those who lived and died before Jesus walked the Earth. Jesus' purpose was to bring the new law to the human civilization (sealing the 'new covenant' with a sacrifice). I.e. humans were headed down the wrong path, so Jesus came to get us back on track.

Now, I dont see any problem with a similar scenario occurring in an extraterrestrial culture. Perhaps they had their own Jesus figure. Perhaps God didnt give them a second change and smote everyone he didnt like (like the story of Sodom and Gomorrah).

This is an interesting argument, but this scenario doesn't change much for me. My God created everything, even the ETs (which I believe exist as well). I dont even have a problem with some ET culture coming down and claiming that they engineered the human race and put us here. They could be telling the truth. However, God still created life. Look and what modern science is able to do as far as genetically engineering. You can have your children engineered prior to fertilization (you can have tall, dark hair and blue eyed child if you like). What's to say we weren't engineered by ETs? That would mean that they made us from scratch per se. There still has to be a God with the ability to breath life into that creation and give it a soul, personality, conscience.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

I have put religion aside about ten yrs ago due to my awakening that it is man made and only to create fear and control. ( my belief).. But, I have read the bible and can remember the most important things and they stick in my mind as I have started to think "out of the box" so to speak. A lot of things in the bible can tell you that there is a "God", or at least one who created us...(with science?), probably..
One thing I get most of all is that the very first sentence in the bible says that "God created the "Heavens" and the Earth." Meaning, not just the sky, but the universe..."The Heavens". So it had to be that he also created other planets and the beings on them..
The book of Genesis is the very beginning of us, and "God" or our creator came here to form our earth and all its inhabitants. As we get more and more advanced in science, the "creator and his creation theory is becoming more believable. Alien? Very possible!

Here is a website that I just found, and seems very interesting on the Literal Interpretation of Genesis.

www.godandscience.org...

edit on 3-10-2011 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Dr. Michael Heiser says no to the TP question.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ive been throwing around the same thing.

If one of these religions is the so called, "Supreme" religion, and if that "God", is the god of "All" that everything is living. "Then wouldn't (ALL) extraterrestrial life less or far more intelligent than us, from planet to planet, from galaxy to galaxy *Millions upon Billions of light years away, maybe even more than that*, worship the SAME THING? That being a (Human god).."

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
(NOT God AND NOT Alien)/0 == Drivel
Line um 2

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I see, well thats because you still believe in this system of things by fallowing this modern religion stuff that Jesus never left us, but was designed and created to divide humanity, ( Misleading information, misleading to know the real God of creation ).

For me? Yahweh is the only God of creation, for me Yeshuah is the only begotten son of the real God, for me the Holy Spirit is God's Yahweh active force. I will not, I repeat will not believe in the trinity gods, first dead.

Sorry for my little rant there is nothing against you brother.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

The problem here is the concept of fitting God/Jesus, which ever entity you prefer, into a box. An all powerful, supernatural God....does not go in a box. He supersedes natural law, because he created natural law. He was here, before anything else was...he was here before any laws were, because he created those laws. Therefore....the laws of death, and living do not pertain to him/it, whatever. If there is a God, a true God..a superpower, supernatural, all knowing, all things, created all things..no beginning, no end ....God, then our concept of "natural" laws, pertaining to death do not apply to that God. Therefore, yes...a supernatural, all powerful God..can die for us here on Earth, while not dying elsewhere.

Likewise, the possibility of creation on other planets has nothing to do with there being a God or not. Our history, our story if the correct one..pertains to us, and therefore, would only need to contain us. Imagine explaining to ancient human beings...or present ones...that creation does in fact live on other planets. Look at how we treated new continents when we discovered them, and the people on it..can you imagine what we would do to an entire planet??? if we were to discover it??? we flew to the moon and placed our little flag on it, and considered it ours...it is not...it belongs to the universe, not the Earth...which we do not own as well. We as humans with our small little box minds, like to think that we grab a hold of something it becomes ours (much like children in a school yard and we want the toy) Knowing human nature, I would not express the knowledge of life and the ability to have it elsewhere either, until I was secure and 100% sure they would view it correctly. We can't even take care of ourselves, why would God gives us this knowledge, when we cannot even be okay on our own planet?

The existence of "aliens" in the universe in no way negates a God...nor his dying for us to save us.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

The sheep who are not of this fold that Jesus referred to were Gentiles. Not aliens.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
In the end I feel that science will likely discover "god". It already may have for all we know. Just an opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

Not as I perceive it. Either way these words can also be applied to human beings all over the universe because the relationship is still the same; what Father is to us here on Earth, is also to all the inhabitants of the universe.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
There's really only 3 main books that people of this thread should read, to have many, many of their answers provided and the confusion cleared.
I see a lot of going back and forth with no clarity whatsoever, so I though I'd provide some helpful sources.

However you will need an extremely open and unprejudiced mind. A mind not limited by your current knowledge of life and reality. When you have completed the books, you can decide whether to throw away or retain what you have learned.

The Law of One (5 ebooks)
Bringers of the Dawn (1 ebook)
The Cassiopaean Transcripts (1 ebook)

They are available here.

The whole discussion, like so many human discussions, is once again split into dualistic thinking, we are right and others are wrong. Which is the undoing of pursuit of truth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join