It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy WallStreet: Yes, They Did Force Them On To The Bridge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
to me this says one thing: wall street definitely feels threatened.

I don't feel the NYPD would do this on their own.

I also feel that it won't be long before we hear about fbi, cia, or local police posing as protesters in effort to cause dissent. I really wish we could be the protesters "big brothers" so to speak and let them know what MIGHT happen. They aren't all ATS members ya know.

I didn't think of that. Yeah, they will do that, they are notorious for starting riots that way. They've actually been caught doing that.

Remember COINTELPRO some 40 years ago? That's exactly what they did to the civil rights movement and their organizations.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Seems one's point of views on this is dictated by their political leanings. Those on the right seem to think everything these people do is inappropriate regardless of what facts there are. Those on the left will support them regardless of what the facts are.

A few more days should tell us what this truly is. Is it the American Spring? Only time will tell and no amount of crying on this website will stop it if it's true.

Interesting. Who here is in support of the corruption on Wall Street?
If your not with the protesters, your with the Banksters!

So, does anyone here approve of the protests and riots in the Middle East Countries in order to take out their corrupt dictators?

You should not support them because they more than blocked a few streets but took over some buildings even.
They should have asked permission or wrote a letter of disapproval to their leader.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Does anyone recall the NYPD whistleblower case of Adrian Schoolcraft, who: "...was introduced to Voice readers as the Bed-Stuy cop who secretly taped 117 roll calls at the precinct, as well as many other conversations with his fellow cops. In our series, "The NYPD Tapes," the Voice has been making these recordings public, and they show a pattern of police downgrading crimes, intimidating crime victims, and *enforcing quotas for writing tickets and performing 'stop-and-frisks.' *"
Are NYPD cops still being pressured to reach mandated quotas of arrests, perhaps? www.villagevoice.com...
The full legal briefing on this case is here mayavision2012.files.wordpress.com... . Excerpt: "Specifically, that the NYPD had
established an illegal quota policy for the issuance of summonses and arrests and that defendants
were falsifying and instructing police officers to suborn perjury on police reports in order to
distort COMPSTAT statistics."

Also, I just ran across this taped interview with a young Navy vet that appears to have had a so-called "front row seat" to the Brooklyn bridge incident, which appears to give some information that had not been disclosed by media. You decide.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You can paint a group right in the corner - and that's what is going on with occupy - I just watched a 3 minute segment on Fox and heard at least 3 lies a minute. I love the video they played - they said before they showed it "The crowd was yelling Take the bridge, take the bridge" Listen: then they played the video. The crowd was saying something but it didn't sound like "Take the Bridge" to me.

They painted them as leftists - which makes no sense. If, supposedly, according to Fox, we have a far left president and a lot of far left democrats in congress, then why would folks on the far left be protesting? lol

Paint them as being democrats - paint the room down the middle. Far left? Paint half the room into 2 quarters. Keep painting. I don't want to be painted myself. Time to clean up the paint.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Check your facts... that 4.6 million was donated to the NYPD in 2010, not this past Saturday.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If we had any sort of luck, the NYPD would have led these people to the bridge then tossed them off. Such a disgusting display of atrocious morons.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by muzzleflash

Perhaps they saw that it was getting out of control and this was a preemptive action to send a message. They know what will happen as the Anarchists and the Soros nuts numbers grow. Eventually they will start smashing windows and looting.

Still though, blocking a major bridge is pretty dumb.

Yea, it was pretty dumb of the protesters in the Middle East blocking roads as well, even though it was to have their dictators held to account.

No difference here, the protesters should be able to do as they please regardless of the laws, because it is the corrupt banksters and politicans that need to be held to account.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
No difference here, the protesters should be able to do as they please regardless of the laws,

So they should be allowed to loot, burn buildings down, attack anyone etc. all because they are protesting....

With supporters like you no wonder the protestors are not taken seriously!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I will be at Occupy Jacksonville Fl and im pumped

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

No difference here, the protesters should be able to do as they please regardless of the laws,

So they should be allowed to loot, burn buildings down, attack anyone etc. all because they are protesting....

With supporters like you no wonder the protestors are not taken seriously!

Your not getting the point!

If it was up the politicians and banksters, there would be no protests to begin with, but something about that pesky constitution gets in the way.

Perhaps, you would rather them protest in a field, out of site, out of mind, so that they don't make the internet where people can see them.

Nevermind, from your posts, it is clear you think their all communists are some such nonsense.

I am a libertarian and former military member and would like to take this country back from these criminals in wall street and our government.

Vote Ron Paul!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Good work . You have thought things out and know the traps. I love the one about face paint in black and white .

its such a sham that always in existence is the struggle between good and evil forces , but hey what to do as that is our current domain.
Try a spiritual approach as well during your protest . Chant ancient mantras to clean the negative energy away that they are projectiing onto you.

Try the Buddish chants of Om mani padime hum ..or something like that . You have to get it right though to create the vibrational force that will blow their socks off as they say .
Honestly ..its the one major thing that lacks in all these protest movements . The ONE thing that will make a difference to the hearts and minds of all

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zacdam

According to ATS member JackBauer www.abovetopsecret.com... , the JPM press release was actually dated August 17, 2011, about 6 weeks ago. If that is correct, it is indeed recent news, albeit before OWS showed up. This short timeframe between donation and OWS makes it possible (if not probable), however, that Wall Street and/or CIA "intelligence" might have anticipated that something like OWS was on the near horizon and bolstered the NYPD for "protection".

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Under what law?

Section 19-107 of the New York City administrative code.

19–107 Temporary closing of streets. a. (i) Except as otherwise provided by law, it shall be unlawful for any person to close any street, or a portion thereof, within the jurisdiction of the commissioner, to pedestrian or vehicular traffic without a permit from the commissioner.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
If we had any sort of luck, the NYPD would have led these people to the bridge then tossed them off. Such a disgusting display of atrocious morons.

Only if you jump off the bridge as well. You're not needed anymore . Bye Bye

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The thing that springs to my mind.

"Welcome to my Parlor, said the Spider to the Fly."

That didn't turn out to well for the fly now, did it?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

Originally posted by LiberLegit

Only if you jump off the bridge as well. You're not needed anymore . Bye Bye

Needed anymore for what? This hapless attempt at reformation. Come on, shouting a bunch of vague phrases and demanding a number of abstract terms won't do anything. So a bunch of people who know how to use Facebook and Twitter walk around a bunch of cities, then what? Corporations throw down their arms and say: "Hipsters, Jobless people, Art Majors: you are right and we are wrong! We will turn ourselves in pronto!" Half of these people don't even know what exactly they are doing there, hell they look like they're more brainwashed by the counter-culture than the supposed mainstream is by the normal culture.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zacdam
reply to post by Kali74

Check your facts... that 4.6 million was donated to the NYPD in 2010, not this past Saturday.

got a link for that 2010 info ??
otherwise, without a source ... this is as much hearsay as the undated announcement on jps website.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by muzzleflash

Perhaps they saw that it was getting out of control and this was a preemptive action to send a message. They know what will happen as the Anarchists and the Soros nuts numbers grow. Eventually they will start smashing windows and looting.

Still though, blocking a major bridge is pretty dumb.

Yea, it was pretty dumb of the protesters in the Middle East blocking roads as well, even though it was to have their dictators held to account.

No difference here, the protesters should be able to do as they please regardless of the laws, because it is the corrupt banksters and politicans that need to be held to account.

they break laws, you break laws, we break laws, what is the difference?
this is not the ME, we are not living in a dictatorship and if no one is respecting the laws (or the rights of others) who is right if everybody is wrong?

and, if we are not cooperating or respecting the force that can "hold those accountable", why would they have any desire to respond favorably to your/our/their demands?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Let me guess disobeying a direct order from a police officer is breaking the law...now if a cop ordered you to shoot yourself you would probably do it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer

So what you're saying is that protest is effectively illegal?

No, the protest itself is not illegal. You're free to protest on whatever topic you like, on sidewalks, in a park, wherever you're not disrupting the normal flow of things. Occupying a street made for motor vehicles and impeding traffic is illegal.

I'm pretty sure also that protesting on a sidewalk impedes people who WALK. There should be no legal difference between impeding people on feet and impeding people in cards.

It's also debatable that protesting on a sidewalk or in a park is legal, the police certainly don't seem to think so

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join