It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy WallStreet: Yes, They Did Force Them On To The Bridge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by conar
I dont get why the police arrest 700, they cant keep them jailed. They will be out next day.
Maybe JP Morgan told them to
www.jpmorganchase.com...
edit on 3-10-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

Because it allows them to punish you severely and put you in a little cage.

And then laugh at you.

And yes, a fascist form of government is defined as one where the corporate powers are able to influence and collude with government powers to usurp all political and economic power and form a type of dynastic or oligarchical despotism.
edit on 3-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Perhaps they saw that it was getting out of control and this was a preemptive action to send a message. They know what will happen as the Anarchists and the Soros nuts numbers grow. Eventually they will start smashing windows and looting.

Still though, blocking a major bridge is pretty dumb.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by mayabong

Ha! That has to be faked CIA/NYPD/Nazi doctored video, because it just doesn't fit with the whole "They Did Force Them On to The Bridge" thing.

A video says a lot! More than hearsay! People will do just about anything to debunk what they don’t like or agree with. Just saying…

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I find it amusing that the cops in this case turned video cameras on the protesters and recorded what they were doing... But everyone there in the protests and all over the internet are claiming that what you see and hear in that video is a lie.. It didn't happen that way... they were FORCED onto the bridge.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Perhaps they saw that it was getting out of control and this was a preemptive action to send a message. They know what will happen as the Anarchists and the Soros nuts numbers grow. Eventually they will start smashing windows and looting.

They would have just marched through in half the time that it took to arrest all of them. So actually the bridge was blocked even longer than it had to be.

Plus did you see the video evidence depicts the police actually allowing the through. They had successfully stopped them and had a line set up and could have easily held it via decent strategy. I assume the Cannae tactic was applied afterwards to box them in for the arrests. Both flanks were protected so it would be easy to pick off protesters in a 'peaceful' unorganized crowd situation.

Also we can't arrest people for the pre-crime of smashing windows and looting especially since I haven't really seen any riot reports.

I agree that the protesters lacked foresight or strategic planning, but I knew this would happen to them eventually. That is because I already know that our government is totalitarian and does not respect the Constitutionally protected liberties of it's citizenry.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So where were the leaders telling everyone to do the opposite? It says a lot about the group! Very few leaders and the rest followers! The fact of the matter is that most of the protesters are out there because they think it's COOL and FUN! I love the people (kids) who came out and complained about having to pay their student loans back! Are they serious? I paid all mine back! Why do they think they’re not obligated to pay theirs? From what I have seen so far, it’s mainly the kids demonstrating their need to get a free ride thru life! If I went out there and started screaming “kill the police”, I guarantee a great many would be yelling it as well…!
edit on 3-10-2011 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2011 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Propulsion

I find it amusing that the cops in this case turned video cameras on the protesters and recorded what they were doing... But everyone there in the protests and all over the internet are claiming that what you see and hear in that video is a lie.. It didn't happen that way... they were FORCED onto the bridge.

They paid their tax money for the bridge they were arrested on.

And would have left it sooner hadn't the police blocked them in and arrested them for the crime of standing on the street.

I watched several videos, I believe I have a good grasp on the situation.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Uhhh ok yea BACK in the OLD days
Ots the 21st century and rules have been changed.
Did u know children got beat in school?
Did you know there were dinosaurs?
I'm srry but your post was pointless.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
They did manage however to gain attention FOR the protesters

That was the point.
edit on 3-10-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
just read jp morgan chase donated 4.6 million dollars to the police association un believable.

as to this incident the police are clearly marching at the front and while i didnt see forced they were definatley taking advantage of herd mentality and at least leading/hoping the protesters went on the bridge.

everyone arrested should sue for false arrest not just because their right but because at this point more than 50% of any random jury would probably vote against the system just as a precaution i know i would.

btw absolute disgrace that protesting the government in america is verboten. any cop/d.a./judge that are "just doing their job" should be deported and have their citizenship revoked. pissing on the constitution just to protect their overpaid, overprotected jobs.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
They were warned to not block the bridge, and yet after the warnings they proceeded to do so.

You break the law, you get arrested, it's really that simple.

They were herded onto the bridge by police, then blocked from leaving, then arrested for not leaving.

And yes, "herded" is the correct term for sheeple.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
during the recent riots here in London, the tv news were saying that they were considering herding the rioters onto Westminster Bridge and then arresting them that way by blocking both sides of the bridge but it never happened.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Seems like a trapp .Its obvious from this video and if the Police truely wanted order they would have kept the protestors on the sidewalk and allowed smooth traffic flow . But obviously that was no the police objective.

They held up traffic for 4 hrs to enrage the general public stranded on the bridge . . So one again a lawless group of people controlling events . Getting paid by the bankers .

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I know we've all been waiting for this to happen but beware of the government "proposing" a solution when they shouldn't have a place at our table anymore for what they have done. And certainly beware of setup groups directing you to attend a location that is ideal for the cops, like what has happened with the occupy victoria rally. There is a group of us who will break off and occupy parliament, because city hall has an easily kettled spot, it's less visible, more heavily survieled, and isn't as visible to the rest of the city as parliament is. People can attend by parking their boat in the harbor if they want and it's right in front of parliament. parliament has a huge open space, city hall doesn't. They picked the same spot for the GA meeting so the survielance there can use facial recognition on the trouble makers. I have come up with the idea of laser pointers into the lenses of cameras to blind them so bring your laser pointers. I have also come up with an idea to use black and white face make up instead of masks, because people can go ahead and see our faces it is the cameras we don't want recording us and then matching us up for police profiling. Use the face paint on your chin and cheek bones, elongate shadows, make it patchy, it'll mess with facial recognition. Keep the ideas flowing, don't led these obviously fishy "organized" branches play you into the system's hands.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Your Youtube link shows them chanting "take the bridge". But there is a serious problem, which is that I've actually said "take the bridge" quite a few times in my life and never once did I mean travel onto the bridge and just stop there. What I meant was take the bridge to get somewhere else. Unless there is video showing protesters blocking off traffic (that shows the WHOLE STORY) then I'm not going to believe it any more. I did believe when it was first reported but now it looks more like the police were the ones blocking the bridge.

And as for the cop telling the crowd they can't take the bridge, that was not a lawful order. Unlawful orders may be disobeyed.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

For the people on the ground there .. they need to start researching and find out whos IDEA it was to go march on that bridge. It would seem like they were set up by them to work with the police if as another poster has said that during the London riots that was an action plan by the police .

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This isn't as bad as it could've been, at least not yet. Not sure if you all heard about the G20 summit in Toronto last summer. It was also a peaceful protest but police dressed up as masked protesters (you could tell who they were by their boots) and started up riots in order to arrest the peaceful protesters.

Here's the linky with pictures: www.globalresearch.ca...

Do not underestimate their creativity in getting things their way! Who knows what they come up with next in order to arrest people.

Namaste

Just wanted to add that when all was said and done, there were 900 arrests in Canada last summer after the peaceful protest, they made history! www.straight.com...

The point of this post to let you know what can happen since history has a way of repeating itself..
edit on 3-10-2011 by Cytra because: link to record arrests

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
First off, we catch the New York Times red handed with their attempt to edit the truth:

Secondly, we have ATS insiders who were there as in the case of this individual:

The police were walking alongside, in front and behind us, controlling our flow and guiding us ONTO the roadway! In the confusion, most of us either didn't realize what was going on or thought we were being allowed to march on the bridge as long as we stayed to the side, which has been the case in our past marches. The cops worked to ENSURE that many would be trapped on the bridge. They didn't tell us to take the pedestrian walkway with megaphones until AFTER getting tons of us onto the road and it was too late!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-10-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

YOU'RE THE ENEMY!

The NYTimes told the truth!

You're spinning!

You must be a brainwashed avid Fox News viewer who simply repeats their talking points of the day.

It has begun! The class revolution is here.

DOWN WITH THE RICH WHO EXPORT OUR JOBS AND CAPITAL!

edit on 3-10-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: I added flame man.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
to me this says one thing: wall street definitely feels threatened.

I don't feel the NYPD would do this on their own.

I also feel that it won't be long before we hear about fbi, cia, or local police posing as protesters in effort to cause dissent. I really wish we could be the protesters "big brothers" so to speak and let them know what MIGHT happen. They aren't all ATS members ya know.

I didn't think of that. Yeah, they will do that, they are notorious for starting riots that way. They've actually been caught doing that.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow, this is really pushing me to the edge, no joke. The police force took up military tactics against these protesters. Luring them onto the bridge, and trapping them so they couldn't run and get arrested. I think they did it intentionally to arrest the protesters and stop the protests once and for all. That's the only reason why they trapped us. You think they would've been able to arrest 700 any other way then entrapment?

If this isn't a good reason for you to get involved, then what is? You're watching as your brothers and sisters are being arrested for protesting against corporations, which we are guaranteed by our first amendment right.

This is the American spring, it's not going to go away. Embrace it or be left in the dust. Because regardless, we'll be here fighting for (Y)OUR rights.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Weathermen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join