It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy WallStreet: Yes, They Did Force Them On To The Bridge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

During the same night's evening news, they reported that the police video taped everything. Technically, they took the playbook from the activists, and then the police turned it against them.

It was a smart move by the police.

edit on 10/3/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
it seems to me the audio and video of that of officer on the bullhorn was doctored,im no expert.it just seems to me,at no point i can mach a mouth to the chant take the bridge.i am no expert. info wars,lol.
edit on 3-10-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

its really not
it it were alot of people who stole ...well wat didnt they steel actally ?
would be in jail right now
AND NINE HUNDRED PROTSTERS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ARRESTED
and im done for today
and evrybody hating on this protes u either have the intelligence of AN APPLE[sorry apples>
or u are a PAID DISINFO AGENT
imo offcours

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436
I'm shocked that the demonstrators/protesters just 'followed' the police!
Talk about putting your trust in the wrong place!

But on the other hand, I guess you can't (or shouldn't be able to) be arrested for 'following' police 'directions'.

Hope someone has video/photographic proof of this for the inevitable trial.

it's kind of a lose-lose if you've ever been to a big protest where stuff like this happens. I doubt it was a situation where there were 2 - 3 police and just followed them, it sounds more like they were kettled there and then coulding leave. It's hard to say though since I wasn't there

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio

Originally posted by mayabong
Warnings? People screaming take the bridge? seems like someone isn't telling the truth?

It is well known that cops will infiltrate a protest, in plain clothes, and start screaming to do something they know is wrong, then they exit and let it go where it will, others who are peacefully protesting will get caught up in the frenzy and some will do what the undercover cops dictate, they do this all the time, problem/reation/solution. The cops create the problem and then take control of the situation THEY created!!!!!!!!

Obvious.

Ok so the cops had plants in the crowd that made them go onto the bridge, and according to someone else the audio is doctored. lol. Noone thinks that the protesters might have actually wanted to take over the bridge to get some attention?

Since all these people were plants, what did the cops get out of this? They got a headache of a stopped up busy bridge, got 10x the media coverage for the protests. Its not like these people were detained very long. After a few hours some of them were back on the live feed explaining their arrest.

I'm not taking up for cops here but its pretty obvious these people were warned and did what they needed to do to get media attention.
edit on 3-10-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436
I'm shocked that the demonstrators/protesters just 'followed' the police!
Talk about putting your trust in the wrong place!

But on the other hand, I guess you can't (or shouldn't be able to) be arrested for 'following' police 'directions'.

Hope someone has video/photographic proof of this for the inevitable trial.

The common way to call these people is "liberal reformists" or simply "pacifists". But Anonymous never advocated any more than this when it comes to public protests... the only deception is that THEY DIDN'T OCCUPY WALL STREET at all!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Warnings? People screaming take the bridge? seems like someone isn't telling the truth?

Could be plants or fake protestors for all I know since it's an NYPD video, that's now property of JP Morgan.

Seriously though, that is one video, and we have some very conflicting reports right now.

Or...it could just be adbusters or Ruckus society, since both of these groups are anarchist types who stir up protests. We already know these two groups have organized the protest. Ruckus is financed by Tides which is financed by Soros.

Here is Amy Goodman speaking on behalf of Democracy Now, a liberal think tank
www.adbusters.org...

further, here is a site that discusses the financial support of Democracy Now by big monied interests, yep the old standby Power Elite
Intl bankers and Charity groups Carnegie, Ford, you know all those guys who fund PBS and Antony Sutton mentions these groups as the old bankers running the power elite in his books.
www.rumormillnews.com...

edit on 3-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Could be plants or fake protestors for all I know since it's an NYPD video, that's now property of JP Morgan.

Seriously though, that is one video, and we have some very conflicting reports right now.

Or...it could just be adbusters or Ruckus society, since both of these groups are anarchist types who stir up protests.

They are patriots standing up for freedom!

No parties, they are Americans!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Umm, it doesn't appear that OWS is just a bunch of hippies to me;

edit on 3-10-2011 by earth2mayavision because: add vid

edit on 3-10-2011 by earth2mayavision because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

I just see normal looking people. I think that is the point. You are not the clothes you wear.
I don't think "credibility" can even apply here. People are sick of everything. Are you not? Things are brutal and soulless out there. It's time to get back to something real on almost every level you can think of. Disenfranchisement is no longer a symptom of the fringes of society. It has tainted everything, if you have eyes that can see. No matter what agenda these people have, they are all on the same page somehow with getting out in the streets and saying they don't want to take it any more. People are moving, feet are on the street. At least they are doing that, no matter who they are or what happens.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Get real! They did not know that blocking a major roadway in a large city was illegal
If true the IQ level of the protesters must be pretty low. Judging from the comical interviews, not many synapses firing in that crowd.
Most clearly don't even know why they are there, they are just rebellious youth who would rebel against anything.

...and yet, I support peaceful, lawful protest as long as they don't interfere with others rights. Blocking a roadway is interfering with others rights. Nobody has that right.

From the interviews, they all seem to have their own cause or no cause at all. You've got to admit the stuff they are saying is pretty comical. Proof that our education system is failing in fact, if these folk are representative. As I watched one of the kids being interviewed who said she is a "Maoist", it was easy to conclude she had no idea what she was saying. I doubt she knew it implied she wants to slaughter everyone who does not agree with her ideology. Following Mao is not different than following Hitler or joining the KKK. One can only hope that group is just stupid kids who don't know what they are saying.

They don't need anyone to tell them, don't block streets, don't break windows, don't steal and don't stomp all over everyone elses rights. Unless they really are dumb.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Hunta, I'm primarily talking about the organizers and most likely a few actually leading this group. I suspect the woman in green with the curly hair is either an Adbusters or ruckus person, and she knows exactly what she is doing, then she just gets out of the way and let the group move forward. Where did she go? Did she get arrested too? Watch her in the vid. I noticed it yesterday when the vid was first posted. She steps out from the crowd, says something to them then goes to the side and the rest link arms. Oh yah who else did that? yah Pelosi and Reid and all their phony DSA friends. Remember that?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Who knows, maybe she is a personal friend of Anita Dunn, or possibly was in that group of students Anita Dunn was praising Mao in front of.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A.C.A.B.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I've seen that before. Truly sad. Even sadder so many don't realize what it is these people really want.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I dont get why the police arrest 700, they cant keep them jailed. They will be out next day.
Maybe JP Morgan told them to
www.jpmorganchase.com...
edit on 3-10-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Depends on the state. In Texas it would be Sec. 42.03.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
When every protestor in the video looks like he/she teleported from Woodstock, credibility is already gone in the public's eyes. If I organized this event, one my rules would be to wear your best outfits.

Yes, everyone ought to look like The Man. Everyone wear their most expensive attire... you know, the stuff you need to fit in with the higher class. The kind of outfit countless people have to rent because they can't afford to own such a thing. The kind of outfit people can't even afford to rent. Do you only respect people in such attire? Yes, it is the mark of a credible, honest person.

I trust the majority of the protesters (real people) mean business, and a business suit is not required.

Who wouldn't loosen their tie after getting a look at those smug champagne-soaked wankers up in their balconies?

edit on 3-10-2011 by BernardShakey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i wonder how much the total fines will be..or should i say how much money the city will make off of the arrests and fines from that many people?? im sure the 'pole-LEASE' would like to re-coup some money....like the j.p. morgan donation wasnt enough

the article said most were ticketed and released...does anybody know how much the 'ticket' is for?
...and all the time and money that will go into the court case ect, from all this.......

a tangled web we weave

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Arresting 900 people for standing somewhere is still pretty over the top authoritarian, you gotta admit.

And look at how violently they arrest people too. It's not a cordial arrest of someone just standing there peaceably. It's a over-reaction type of arrest.

A rather unfortunate ending indeed for these hapless and well-meaning folks.

I am really sorry that people think this is needed or deserved, but if you want to live in a nation where 900 arrests happen at once and it's all good (for people standing on your precious pavement, even though their tax money paid for it too), than I think your wet dream must be 1984 or a Brave New World or Half-Life 2.

Show me an arrest of 900 cartel members in one day and maybe we can talk, but this here is just totalitarianism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join