It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy WallStreet: Yes, They Did Force Them On To The Bridge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
They were warned to not block the bridge, and yet after the warnings they proceeded to do so.

You break the law, you get arrested, it's really that simple.

very simple, but the protestors wanted to block traffic, so they chose to walk on the road, then whined about it!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
from the live feeds that i watched on saturday, the protesters were corralled onto the bridge, then arrested. i wish i could remember what site i seen it take place on, but from the streamers word, (a 20something black male) they, the protesters, were in fact corralled.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Aside from how this manifested, WHOEVER made the call to kettle them on Brooklyn bridge put life and limb of these people at high risk. A critical potential for being crushed/suffocated, jumping off the bridge in a panic, medical issues was there. Had they allowed that large mass to simply move along and be off that bridge in 20-30 min max, confusion would have been minimized; instead, they trapped them there for 3+ hours. The risk here far outweighed the "benefit" of randomly arresting as many as they could. The only benefit I can deduce from this fiasco is that OWS gained thousands more supporters.
edit on 3-10-2011 by earth2mayavision because: insert last sentence

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2mayavision
WHOEVER made the call to kettle them on Brooklyn bridge put life and limb of these people at high risk.

The protestors did that themselves by blocking the road - why should they be allowed to block traffic? Selfish buggers, arent they!

A critical potential for being crushed/suffocated, jumping off the bridge in a panic, medical issues was there.

Well, no one said protestors were very bright, they dont even know exactly what they are protesting about!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The American people need to realize:

The police are not on your side.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Seems one's point of views on this is dictated by their political leanings. Those on the right seem to think everything these people do is inappropriate regardless of what facts there are. Those on the left will support them regardless of what the facts are.

A few more days should tell us what this truly is. Is it the American Spring? Only time will tell and no amount of crying on this website will stop it if it's true.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

They were warned to not block the bridge, and yet after the warnings they proceeded to do so.

You break the law, you get arrested, it's really that simple.

So what you're saying is that protest is effectively illegal?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
to me this says one thing: wall street definitely feels threatened.

I don't feel the NYPD would do this on their own.

I also feel that it won't be long before we hear about fbi, cia, or local police posing as protesters in effort to cause dissent. I really wish we could be the protesters "big brothers" so to speak and let them know what MIGHT happen. They aren't all ATS members ya know.

Oh please, Cops are not exactly robots nor angels. Many times policemen see that violence can happen given the right recipe and many of them become a main ingredient in starting the violence. Sure they could of been paid to do that, but their sick some of these cops and may have done that just to have a fun day.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As someone in New York by wall street, last week I stepped outside and saw them as they were marching.

I was astounded by the police prescence. There were in fact at least 10 police officers in the front basically hearding them where they could or could not walk - and this was on a HUGE sidewalk- , in addition to 20 police officers in the back and a MOTORCADE of officers on motorcycles, and a police VAN!

Though I was not at brooklyn . I was so shocked I did infact take pictures of that!

I have no doubt that the police hearded them onto the bridge. That was the first thing I thought when all of the arrests occured.

These people have been so heavily monitored by the police (macing people for standing on the "wrong side" of the sidewalk) , it is illogical to believe that they would allow up to 700 people to get on a bridge before they start arresting people.

Do you know how many cops had to be there to arrest 700 people??? And media reported that the police were already there due to them checking the OWS site, so this heavy police force couldn't have told the first...I don't know... 50/100/200 PEOPLE to get off of the bridge initially???

They are not fooling anyone. Don't believe the hype...
edit on 3-10-2011 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I would just like to say, that I am not trying to be disrespectful to the protestors. However, it did just occur to me how easy it is for people to be led into certain situations...since this is conspiracy website, I would have to ask, what if they had fema buses and led took them to a fema camp? Or what if TPTB just decided to say screw it, and gave the officers the authority to gas these people or use some other type of nefarious means to just get rid of the situaion? I realize, also that the answer to this is that it would probably cause a huge public outcry, and start a riot or something of that nature. I suppose the whole point of this post is for those of you that are out there, keep your eyes and ears open, and be aware of what is going on around you, be stay safe. I am not sure where I stand on this whole protest thing at the moment, but I am studying what the point of it is so I can make a more educated decision, but I do have concern for those involved. Peace to you.

Also, this reminds me of the story of the pied piper....
edit on 3-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's just funny to me how a few police can control hundreds of people.
I just wonder what would have happened if all those people came together and didn't allow the police to arrest anyone?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

funny too, I just saw an tv ad touting the times dedication to honest journalism and integrity, what a load of BS.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Interesting pic with the edited article.

Police or protestors fault, this is still the story that got MSM reporting Occupy Wall St properly.

Maybe they should stay on the sidewalk and block the entrances to the subway next time

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When every protestor in the video looks like he/she teleported from Woodstock, credibility is already gone in the public's eyes. If I organized this event, one my rules would be to wear your best outfits.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

No, the protest itself is not illegal. You're free to protest on whatever topic you like, on sidewalks, in a park, wherever you're not disrupting the normal flow of things. Occupying a street made for motor vehicles and impeding traffic is illegal.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Just wanna add that the author of the article was also edited, "Al Baker" appears on the edited edition.

Well, who is he?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No, the protest itself is not illegal. You're free to protest on whatever topic you like, on sidewalks, in a park, wherever you're not disrupting the normal flow of things. Occupying a street made for motor vehicles and impeding traffic is illegal.

Under what law?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm always annoyed by these morons who act surprised when there are clashes with police, and then police try to put them down.

What did you think is going to happen?

It's so tedious, the same thing happens every single time. These protesters must be utter morons. Yes, putting your hand in the flame burns.. stop doing it.. stop pretending every protest is peaceful. It's just getting so dumb now.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Droolmouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So protesting is illegal.
No wait ... you can rent a field at countryside and then protest until your last dollar or breath.
BTW intentional and long standing traffic blockades are common public weapon in Europe. Plus every bigger gathering somehow block traffic in most European cities, because of historical dispositions, i.e. streets are narrow. Cops usually just guide traffic stopping it 30sec before front of crowd reach crossroad and allowing it again when it is safe.
Sometime street battle start, but that is different story.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Warnings? People screaming take the bridge? seems like someone isn't telling the truth?

It is well known that cops will infiltrate a protest, in plain clothes, and start screaming to do something they know is wrong, then they exit and let it go where it will, others who are peacefully protesting will get caught up in the frenzy and some will do what the undercover cops dictate, they do this all the time, problem/reation/solution. The cops create the problem and then take control of the situation THEY created!!!!!!!!

Obvious.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join