It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy WallStreet: Yes, They Did Force Them On To The Bridge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
First off, we catch the New York Times red handed with their attempt to edit the truth:

Secondly, we have ATS insiders who were there as in the case of this individual:

The police were walking alongside, in front and behind us, controlling our flow and guiding us ONTO the roadway! In the confusion, most of us either didn't realize what was going on or thought we were being allowed to march on the bridge as long as we stayed to the side, which has been the case in our past marches. The cops worked to ENSURE that many would be trapped on the bridge. They didn't tell us to take the pedestrian walkway with megaphones until AFTER getting tons of us onto the road and it was too late!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-10-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The cops are just there enforcing penal code for their corporate slave masters.

Revolting.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm shocked that the demonstrators/protesters just 'followed' the police!
Talk about putting your trust in the wrong place!

But on the other hand, I guess you can't (or shouldn't be able to) be arrested for 'following' police 'directions'.

Hope someone has video/photographic proof of this for the inevitable trial.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436
I'm shocked that the demonstrators/protesters just 'followed' the police!
Talk about putting your trust in the wrong place!

But on the other hand, I guess you can't (or shouldn't be able to) be arrested for 'following' police 'directions'.

Hope someone has video/photographic proof of this for the inevitable trial.

They didn't just follow them, according to the poster in my original post, they were essentially boxed in and guided by the police akin to how a sheep dog corals sheep. Er, no pun intended....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
to me this says one thing: wall street definitely feels threatened.

I don't feel the NYPD would do this on their own.

I also feel that it won't be long before we hear about fbi, cia, or local police posing as protesters in effort to cause dissent. I really wish we could be the protesters "big brothers" so to speak and let them know what MIGHT happen. They aren't all ATS members ya know.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Warnings? People screaming take the bridge? seems like someone isn't telling the truth?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Apparently for the most part the NYPD had been fine with the protesters. Saturday they got a multimillion dollar donation from the wall street fat cats and boom. They did manage however to gain attention FOR the protesters

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Ha! That has to be faked CIA/NYPD/Nazi doctored video, because it just doesn't fit with the whole "They Did Force Them On to The Bridge" thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They were warned to not block the bridge, and yet after the warnings they proceeded to do so.

You break the law, you get arrested, it's really that simple.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Warnings? People screaming take the bridge? seems like someone isn't telling the truth?

Could be plants or fake protestors for all I know since it's an NYPD video, that's now property of JP Morgan.

Seriously though, that is one video, and we have some very conflicting reports right now.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

and conflicting video lemme see if I can find it, saw it in another thread...

Here it is.

edit on 2-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I really don't think the NYPD or Bloomberg need any more encouragement from Wall Street power brokers. New York City seems to be one of the most obsessed cities on Earth with public image. This is making them look like crap, to their authority based mindset and outlook on life. If the demonstrations continue, I'd expect the slow escalation of methods to break it up will keep pace. Perhaps not so slow....

I worry for the people down there because the cops have been almost TOO nice about this. People familiar with 'in your face' protests ought to know what I mean. Nothing really forceful has been done...yet. It makes me wonder if it will be like a dam busting lose in the worst way when or IF they finally do get the orders to clear the public spaces, like 5 minutes AGO.

I hope Bloomberg has more sense than to give those orders...but he's rarely ceased to amaze me with his tone deaf arrogance in the past. Time will tell I suppose.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
You break the law, you get arrested, it's really that simple.

Back in the really old days, if a crowd of people had done something like that,in front of police despite warnings, there would have been several skulls cracked, ribs and jaws broken well before the arrests.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

and conflicting video lemme see if I can find it, saw it in another thread...

Here it is.

edit on 2-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Judging by the scenery the warning came before this video. After the people decided to keep walking then yes I'm sure the cops did trap them onto the bridge.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So why arent they telling them right there to turn back and get off the non pedestrian part? Have you ever done a march or a walk or even been at a crowded concert, you tend to just follow the people in front of you...it makes people sound stupid to put it like that but it's the truth. Cops know this.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Cause they just told them a couple seconds before and the people locked arms and started walking towards them? Are they supposed to keep telling them. I think the people had their minds made up. Screaming take the bridge then claiming victim after.. come on lol.

edit on 2-10-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

If you notice, the people behind the cops...are not the same ones from that other video of the cop warning.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Guy in red hoodie check, people with big yellow signs that point to marxist site, Check.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

ahh, you're right my bad...at least on the people

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Apparently the march started at the pedestrian walkway, and when it didn't have the capacity to accommodate everyone, the rest split off and proceeded to take the roadway.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join