It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media say Pope may resign in April

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There is a reason why the Roman Catholic Church has been experiencing all this negative press. Just see my last post. Who would want to be complicit in the worlds largest coverup of kid diddiling?
This isn't meant to be mean, hell, check your local news.
They brought this on themselves with sending child molesters to different regions to molest again and again. But hey, those archbishops are closer to god than me, so...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Some think there could be a parallel between Saint Malachy's last eight popes...
...and the eight kings of Revelation 17:10-11.

"And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition."

The parallel was noticed a few years ago when five had died...

"...five are fallen..."
Pius XI
Pius XII
John XXIII
Paul VI
John Paul I

"...one is..."
John Paul II (he was alive when the interpretation was first made)

"...not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space".
Benedict XVI.

Some have thought 'a short space' meant a short reign.

"...goes into perdition."
Final pope predicted by Saint Malachy...

The time hack for the "five are fallen" is the serious wounding of John Paul II.
With reference to the chiasmic parallel reference in Revelation 13:3...

"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed:"

The word translated 'short space' is oligos which has various meanings...
...for example - little, small, few, of number: multitude, quantity, or size, of time: short, of degree or intensity: light, slight.

So could it apply to being short of his full life...
...in that his reign ends 'short' of his death as is the case with the other Popes?

What do you think?

edit on 2/10/11 by troubleshooter because: detail

Very insightful. I will always stick with connecting the dots looking back, so I'm not really sure if it's right or not. You may very well be on to something. I love to see as many perspectives as possible. This is an amazing time to be alive. Thank you for sharing. Keep the faith brother.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
There is a reason why the Roman Catholic Church has been experiencing all this negative press. Just see my last post. Who would want to be complicit in the worlds largest coverup of kid diddiling?
This isn't meant to be mean, hell, check your local news.
They brought this on themselves with sending child molesters to different regions to molest again and again. But hey, those archbishops are closer to god than me, so...

This is a carryover from the Greek Pederasty. When Rome (Satan) tried to take over the Church, it only succeeded in revealing what Jesus meant when He stated that the Rock was Peter. Jesus already had foreknowledge of what Satan would do. Satan is a temporal being and does not have omniscience. The all seeing eye is His attempt at gaining this. George Orwell was a visionary in his book 1986.

The Roman Catholic Church is corrupt and mankind should have seen this many times over the course of History. Peter denied Christ, just as the Catholic church has done throughout history. Jesus told Peter, "Get behind me Satan." To me, this represents the Roman influences of materialism in the church. The reformation was the rebirth of the church. When Luther nailed his 95 Thesis on the doors of the church, the printing press was being used by the church to print forgiveness of sins for money. This drove the reformation to America for freedom, along with the English Bible printed on the new presses. This led to the literacy, the industrial revolution and then the tech revolution. All eyes will see. Peter only helped the process along with the corruption.

Take Heart, God will continue to dominate Satan at this time of trouble. The 'Rock' Peter will be rolled away to reveal the empty tomb. Those who take their reward now in this life will be left staring into the empty tomb of the earth when we are gone.

edit on 2-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Thats probably a good thing the jig is up on the whole religion SCAM anyway.
Second line.

eh? You think the church wont find a replacement for this one?
As if everything that has to do with religion rests on this one pope.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

They can do us a bigger favor and just shut down the Vatican and all it's employees and anyone under them on and on until they reach the everyone's neighborhood priest.

Then, any other religion that has a history of violence and oppression can follow suit.

You guys do realize that if the supposed "NWO" will exist, it will be "business" and "consumerism" that will be the new system. It will take the place of religions. So the churches must be brought down slowly because, Hmm, something tells me they're standing in the way. The fewer morals (what few can be found and practiced in religion!) people have, the better consumers they can be! Buy buy buy!!

You and I can only witness the events and live our lives for others. This is it. As for the consumerism, you are close to it. The mark of the beast is carbon. This is the mark of man and has six protons, six electrons and six neutrons. The new money system will be based on carbon trading, which is code for trading humans. Germany is in the lead on this. They are the head of "The Ten" nations that will rule from Europe. Cap and trade was defeated here by men and women who know what it represented. Don't bet that it won't return.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

If this is true, then it's almost pucker time. According to the prophecies of St. Malachy, Ratzinger is supposed to be the last Pope before the real last Pope who will help usher in the One World Religion of the Antichrist. "Peter the Roman," according to some, will be the false prophet that organizes the Antichrist's system of worship. Anyone refusing to worship him will lose their head as a result.

Regardless of whether St. Malachy's prophecies are accurate or not, I feel it in my bones: It won't be long now brother.

This is the first thing that hit me when I read the thread title. This in April, and then the 2012 elections, and then the End Times?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

This is the first thing that hit me when I read the thread title. This in April, and then the 2012 elections, and then the End Times?

Yes GRA, I believe it is. You know me by now (I hope.) My belief in God isn't driven by blind faith; I see the signs all around me, prophecies that are being fulfilled before our very eyes like the Gog/Magog war that is about to erupt in the Middle East. The left side of my brain tells me that there is no way a bunch of Bronze Age shepherds and fishermen could so accurately predict what is going on right now, down to an all inclusive list of the countries involved from Russia to Libya, without having been inspired by God.

The rebirth of Israel is another sign of the end. Never before in the history of the world has a people been displaced from their home, maintained their cultural identity for 2,000 years, to finally return to their land. Christ himself said that the generation that saw the rebirth of Israel would not pass before His Second Coming. The length of a generation is up for debate, but 70 years (Psalms 90) is one commonly accepted number. Doing the math, that would place a date of 2018 for Christ's return.

Luke’s version of the fig tree parable, which mentions the fig tree (Israel) and all the trees, (nations of the world) (Judges 9:8-20) states: “And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you. This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away” (Luke 21:29-33).

If the length of David’s generation, Christ’s generation, and those living today is 70-80 years (a 3000 year span), it would be reasonable to conclude that the generation Christ was talking about in the parable of the fig tree will also be 70-80 years in length. If the fig tree in this parable represents the nation of Israel, as many prophetic scholars believe, and the generation that is described has a lifespan of 70 to 80 years, then we see several strong indicators that the generation Christ was talking about has already been born. That would mean that the return of Jesus Christ to establish his reign for a thousand years is close at hand. The indicators we have seen include:

the rebirth of Israel as a nation in 1948 (Isaiah 66:8),
the Jerusalem controversy in the end times (Zechariah 12:1-3),
preparations for rebuilding the Jewish Temple (Revelation 11:1,2),
ongoing negotiations for a peace treaty between Israel and the Palestinians (Daniel 9:27)

The Bible tells us that while only the Father knows the exact day and hour of Christ's return, we can know the season. We are also told to watch for signs in the heavens. One interesting bit of science I've found recently that correlates nicely with scripture has to do with "Blood Moons." Please reference the following graphic:

Graphic goes with this discussion on a website.

I find it to be more than chance that these rare moons appear on Jewish High Holy days. As referenced in the graphic;

the only time in this century when 4 consecutive full lunar eclipses will coincide with either Passover or the Feast of Tabernacles is in the years 2014-2015. Lunar eclipses are also known as “blood moons” because the moon often takes on a red cast during an eclipse.

There will also be 2 solar eclipses during that time. In the spring of 2015 Israel’s religious year will begin with a total solar eclipse, followed two weeks later a total lunar eclipse on Passover. And then six months later the sequence will repeat itself with a second solar eclipse on Rosh Hashanna followed two weeks after that by another total lunar eclipse on the Feast of Tabernacles, all in 2015.

The last time anything like this happened was in 1967, when Jerusalem became an undivided Jewish city again, and before that there were several occurrences during the years of 1948-50, as Israel was becoming a nation. There were none at all in the 1800′s, 1700′s, or 1600′s, and none in the 1500′s that coincided with Feast Days. ~ SOURCE

When I say I "feel it in my bones" there is reasoning behind it, not just a sixth sense or wishful thinking. I believe that any student of history, the Bible, and current events would come to the same conclusion as I:

THE END IS NEAR!!!

*I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist that last part. T'was the ATSer in me rearing his ugly head.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Huh what more could one ask for...

Are we living in interesting things or what???

9. The Glory of the Olive. The Order of St. Benedict has said this Pope will come from their order. It is interesting that Jesus gave his apocalyptic prophecy about the end of time from the Mount of Olives. This Pope will reign during the beginning of the tribulation Jesus spoke of. The 111th prophesy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The Order of Saint Benedict has claimed that this pope will come from their ranks. Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its fight against evil.

www.crystalinks.com...

Not that the catholic church is gonna save us...

Peace

edit on 3-10-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
All these people who run us are following a "script" , Biblical right down to a "T".
Bring on the Antichrist!!!!!!!!!!!!
That pope is not only insane, but a devil, and just so everyone knows, i'm Catholic.

This is why i'm spiritual now and worship from home directly to God.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I laugh everytime I see or hear about the pope....1 word can describe them in detail....POSERS!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If the cards fall right ..the only cardinal named peter is ..

Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson (born 11 October 1948) is a Ghanaian Cardinal of the Catholic Church. He is the current president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace since his appointment by Pope Benedict XVI on 24 October 2009. He had previously served as Archbishop of Cape Coast. He was elevated to the cardinalate by Pope John Paul II in 2003.[1] He is considered papabile.[2]

so there..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Hahahaha! How can you resign if your omnipotent?
The best answer is that he was NEVER omnipotent
EVER.
Good riddance to the Panzer Pope, worshiper of
Saturn/Satan or whatever.

Perhaps its more like standing aside to let the dark one enter from left stage ?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

No, there is another peter:
Péter Erdő from Hungary
en.wikipedia.org...

Péter Erdő (born 25 June 1952) is a Hungarian Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church. He currently serves as the Archbishop of Esztergom-Budapest, and thus Primate of Hungary. He is the President of the Council of Episcopal Conferences of Europe, and is currently the second youngest member of the College of Cardinals.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bocimaster

true.. though as far as the titles go..

On 24 October 2009, Pope Benedict XVI appointed Turkson President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace.[4] Within the Roman Curia, Turkson is also a member of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, the Pontifical Commission for the Cultural Heritage of the Church and, since 4 March 2010, the Pontifical Committee for International Eucharistic Congresses.[5]

well have to wait and see .

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm not religious, but I'm an agnostic so I'm not trying to be a snarky jerk or anything. I'm just curious, how on Earth do you guys think they could usher in a one world religion in this particular time in our history?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Planet teleX

Yeah I've often wondered, if there was that ghastly, cloaked "powers that be" and they were into manipulation through religion, wouldn't creating a self fulfilling prophecy out of end time "signs" be a brilliant plan?
As stated previously. I don't buy what a lot of these C. theorists and religious fellows are selling, but it would make for a neat story.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Vatican denies rumors of Pope’s retirement

Vatican denies rumors of the planned retirement of Pope Benedict XVI, reports Reuters. Information "from anonymous sources" surfaced yesterday in the Italian press.

"The Pope is in excellent health. We know nothing about these statements, I can only refer you to whoever who wrote them," - said Father Federico Lambardi, Director of the Holy See Press Office.

The above article is in direct response to the article you linked to.

So, sorry to say that evil thing is going nowhere soon. Sad that.

peace
edit on 3-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is simply superstitious paranoia and nothing more!

Next fail!

IRM

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

libero is a right wing, catholic (but only when in serves for something) paper, many times condemned for its false news. it's a hoaxers' paper basically. socci is in the same league: often he has attacked scientists because on the bible it was written otherwise... so, imagine...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This pope's resignation can be a decoy... And here's my thinking.
I've been compelled to study revelation for a while now.... And what I've found is that there are so many interpretations.... As you all well know.

7 Year Tribulation Fallacy
For those of you not aware, this idea of a 7 year tribulation was created only a few centuries ago. Up until then, all scholars believed that Revelation covered the Christian era - from the point of John receiving his visions in revelation to the End of Days. Kind of like markers over the years. Revelation was never considered to be events only reserved for the End Times. This 7 year tribulation is not scriptural - it's only based on the idea that Daniel's 70th week was never fulfilled ... 490 years using the day for a year rule. But the order to rebuild Jureselum was given in 457AD and Yeshua was crucified in 33AD = 490 years. Fulfilled. 
Anyhow, this idea of a 7 year tribulation period became exceedingly popular - to the point that nearly every Christian seems to think it nowadays. But the fact that Daniel's 70th week was fulfilled means that the idea of a 7 year tribulation is not scriptural. 

What are we expecting now when we believe in a 7 year tribulation?
1. The temple has to be rebuilt and sacrifices resumed.
2. An Antichrist will come and rule for 7 years
3. After 3 1/2 years of gentle rule, He will become diabolical, stop sacrifices, and lead us into Armageddon.

Adding to this 'new idea' of a 7 year tribulation came the idea of a Great tribulation lasting 42 months, 1,260 DAYS. But, ALL prophecy follows a day for a year rule. So 1,260 years. This means that the Great Tribulation in Revelation is PAST - IT ALREADY HAPPENED. But how can it be past if we all are thinking that a 7 year tribulation period is coming which includes a 1260 day (3.5 years) period of great tribulation?
I submit that this entire "7 Year Tribulation" is wrong, worse a deceit leading to apathy within the Christian church. "I'll just repent when that 7 year treaty is signed! I'll get raptured anyway!" WHO wants us to think like that? Satan!
Was the papacy anti-Christ? Yes.
1) the papacy as head of the Roman Empire between 548AD - 1798AD (42 months = 1260 days/years

2) But what about Islam??? 
- 1260 years between the building of The Dome of the Rock in 688AD and Israel becoming a nation in 1948AD

Allah is not the God of the Bible. 
Mohammed was the False Prophet.
If Allah is not God (Yahweh), WHO are Muslims worshipping?
Does the Koran not say :
Qur’an:9:5 “Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.” 
Qur’an:8:39 “So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world).”

Look at the movement worldwide by the Interfaith movement to promote Islam within Christian churches. 

Instanbul is known as the City on Seven Hills. 
Rome is built on 7 hills.
Jeruselem has 7 hills.

Look at Turkey and how it's rising, doubling it's army, raising tensions.

This idea of a 7 year tribulation has most Christians looking for a great tribulation in the future. It has us sitting on our laurels whilst the Catholic church promotes sun worship and Islam is rising around the world. It has us waiting to identify a person called an Antichrist ! Yet we told that there would be many to come. An anti-Christ is opposed to Jesus Christ. 
Allah is not Yahweh. He is Satan. And yet, millions of Anericans are now so politically correct, brainwashed and programmed to believe that there is no threat from Islam, no threat from occultism. Or to any other group that worships Satan - 

What we have is a time of unparalleled trouble coming. If all other Revelation has been fulfilled - we are facing a time of many troubles all revolving around the spiritual war between the children of Yahweh and Satan. All leading directly to the Great Day of our Lord. And my gut is telling me that Satan will be using this "idea of a 7 year tribulation" to ensnare many people into looking and waiting for certain things to happen - then BAM! Judgement arrives. And many are caught unprepared. The 5 unwise virgins not prepared for their Lord. Yeshua is coming as a thief in the night!

Please keep your eyes open all around you. Please don't get fixated one one viewpoint or interpretation because it will ensnare you like a rabbit in a trap. I could totally be wrong, but the gut feeling that confirms we are in that last generation also says that all is not as it seems. Watch everything - watch the permeation of Islam teaching into our schools, churches, communities. Allah is not Yahweh. Protest against it. And the Catholic church and it's daughters has billions worshipping false idols and breaking Yahweh's commandments. Protest against it, wake up your fellows in Christ. I truly believe that God will start His judgment with His house first.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join