It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As God gives some people terrible lives for no reason. Puts people in situations where doing evil is the only way to survive: while simultaneously giving them a survival instinct. Makes some peoples lives unlivable, then sends them to hell for trying to escape it. Is God evil? Is ot best to live a Godless life than one based upon evil. Is God proof that good is a man made invention?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Well considering that god is not real but radther an invisible charactrization of "everyman" and conveys the evilness of a power drunk society and the way people "should" live thier lives, yeah, id say ya hit the nail pretty much on the head

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We're products of our own environments, not no God.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't think it's proof of much other then the fact that all of this is an illusion.
God created humans and humans mis-created the world.
Sin is a prime example. There's no such thing. People think they can
change God's creation. But it's simply not possible. That's why sin
is a lie. God created us and it's the height of arrogance and conceit
to believe we can change what God has created. God is not evil.
Neither are we.

If it's eternal, God created it. If it passes away its an illusion.
Most of this will soon pass away. Just wait a minute.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
I don't think it's proof of much other then the fact that all of this is an illusion.
God created humans and humans mis-created the world.
Sin is a prime example. There's no such thing. People think they can
change God's creation. But it's simply not possible. That's why sin
is a lie. God created us and it's the height of arrogance and conceit
to believe we can change what God has created. God is not evil.
Neither are we.

If it's eternal, God created it. If it passes away its an illusion.
Most of this will soon pass away. Just wait a minute.

Do you have a link to support these claims as facts? By the way just wondering: what are your thoughts on the dinosaurs?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah lets blame God.
The world has an abundance of everything yet millions starve while the top1% of the wealthy own 45% of the worlds wealth, the top 10% of the worlds people own 85% of the wealth
en.wikipedia.org...
Blame the greedy selfish people who couldnt care less about others, if you want to excuse yourself.
As for blaming God, well if that works for you, fine, I am not going to defend him.
Just think about what Jesus said to humankind about helping the poor ..
21 Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." ...
What a hypocrit

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
As God gives some people terrible lives for no reason. Puts people in situations where doing evil is the only way to survive: while simultaneously giving them a survival instinct. Makes some peoples lives unlivable, then sends them to hell for trying to escape it. Is God evil? Is ot best to live a Godless life than one based upon evil. Is God proof that good is a man made invention?

Agreed with orbitbaby and partially with boony.

God set the world and creation in motion, and for the largest part generally left it to itself to operate according to the founding principles and as those within it would.

It's a world with plenty of resources and space for all, we've made of it what we will through our own free will and capacity for selfishness and selflessness. There are more than a majority who do not have to do evil as the only way to survive.

Hell is a different matter altogether and quite frequently misunderstood. Every man has a choice as offered by the 'god' of christianity: everlasting life, or a second death. The choice is left to each of us.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Sounds like a pretty insecure God if he's threatening eternal suffering for not accepting him... So much for loving everyone.

And what makes the God of Christianity more valid or more correct than the God of Islam or Hindu or any other religion? How do you know that the "Devil" equivalent of their religion is not tempting you into worshiping a false god?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Dinosaurs were created before man was created, but it didn't work out. This cycle we are living in is not the first go around. That's why you see bones of people millions of years old, and buried long lost cities. But, the church won't tell you that.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots
reply to post by Praetorius

Sounds like a pretty insecure God if he's threatening eternal suffering for not accepting him... So much for loving everyone.

And what makes the God of Christianity more valid or more correct than the God of Islam or Hindu or any other religion? How do you know that the "Devil" equivalent of their religion is not tempting you into worshiping a false god?

Oh, he admits that he's a jealous god, but he doesn't threaten anyone with eternal suffering. Some of "the church" throughout history has come up with the doctrine of eternal suffering, but man was not created immortal and the choice is between eternal life or second death - only those who accept the gift of eternal life either in direct response to the offer of Christ or by responding and acting in accordance to the "law of god" (conscience, etc.) as written on their hearts if they have no heard the gospel or had it fairly presented to them have access to eternal life.

For the rest, "the wages of sin is death" as the bible teaches. Only the devil and his angels, who were created immortal, will suffer unceasingly.

As far as the god of christianity as compared to others - it's a fair question. For me personally, the historical and archeological confirmations of the message found in the bible and the textual support confirming the accuracy of the information as relayed combined with the testimony of the lives of the earliest church play a big part, in addition to the predictions made that have so far come to pass with what seem to be a high level of accuracy.

I suppose each will see their own evidences one way or the other, and as far as eternal life goes, I would consider that to likely fall under my second course mentioned above. I'm also becoming slightly more liberal in my views, and given some of the prime similarities between the various creator entities, I feel there might be some seed there for some limited understanding of universality. It's something I need to lend more thought to, honestly.

Be well.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Given that there have been many distinct religions over probably the entire existence of man: some monotheistic some not:the chances of picking the right one are pretty small. The best strategy would be to believe in more than one God and embrace the Egyptian and other religions allowing for more than one god and believing in them all.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345

Their will never be a situation in Life where doing evil is the only way to survive... Complete hogwash i challenge you to give just one example. God doesn't send anyone to hell, you send yourself to hell if you choose to die in your sins.

Is it best to live a Godless life than one based upon evil.

Living life and rejecting God is a life based upon evil.

Is God proof that good is a man made invention?

Morals come from God their for there is no moral judgement without a perfect loving God...
edit on 4-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Nice lies, there are no millions of years old bones because the earth is not that old.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Typical militant atheist response... Why do these sort of threads always attract your type around here???

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

And who do you think made that environment? /facepalm.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It does seem to me that if God exists he is either not omnipotent, not good, measures good differently, or wants the universe to evolve from evil to good.

Maybe the concept of a single all-powerful God is to explain the unknown in the simplest possible way.

new topics

top topics

join