It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Coherent Message and Who Is Leading "Occupy Wallstreet"?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
It's just Marxist class warfare whether they know it or not.

And what would you call it when the banks and oil
corporations live off the backs of the poor ?

edit on 2/10/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
In fact, having no obvious leader helps them evade responsibility. No one has applied for permits and such.

www.maggiesnotebook.com...

No permits greatly improves the chances of violent clashes between protesters and authorities as well.

Oh Fractured Facade get out of my head already! Everywhere I go on here tonight there you are saying the right thing. Quit it. My finger hurts from clicking all those stars!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
WE THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE
NO MORE CORPORATE STATE
NO MORE POLITICAL FUNDING BY CORPORATIONS
NO MORE BANK AND CORPORATE BAILOUTS
NO MORE NWO
WE THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE SPEAK,
GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO LISTEN

"We the People for the People speak"
See, I am pretty sure I remember voting for someone to speak for me. Now, my person didn't win so I spend a lot of time pestering the person that did win with all the reasons why I disagree with what he's been up to, and I complain to my neighbors, and I have gotten more involved in local politics. I am a little bit bitter that I am currently represented by a Nimrod. But I AM represented by him. If my guy had won I would expect those on the other side to abide the rule of law and way our Republic works, so I have to do the same.
Too many people (not you) involved in and supporting this just seem too interested in throwing out the baby with the bath water. I know some of them are mad and justifiably so but I worry that too many of them are naive and bored.

They are also going to be really bummed come spring break when they find out they are on the no fly list.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
They are also going to be really bummed come spring break when they find out they are on the no fly list.

I certainly hope you don't see that as a good thing that this might happen to them.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

bored.

yes and maybe if unemployment wasn't a factor . . .
Silencing along with scare tactics to suppress people
is is called Marxism.

When corporations finance the legal systems
and the politicians, then democracy is but an illusion.
Why are you so naive in supporting the Rothschild's ?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

I certainly hope you don't see that as a good thing that this might happen to them.

I don't think it is a good thing but I think it will happen. And, the sentiment also expresses my feelings that most of the young people involved in this protest will have moved on to the next thing by spring, so this will come back as a nasty shock. I think the whole thing is reflects the youth which is so much a part of it. It is idealistic but naive. Some of these kids have no real idea why they are there and now they are going to have records that will follow them their whole lives. And all of this when our Republic provides real means of address for the issues we currently face.

I don't disagree with them that there are problems.
But the why and how of it all, well we are on different pages there.
I think many of them will regret this choice.
And it's too bad. We could really use their energy in other ways to try and make a real difference.

One of the most promising thing about Obama's army of college supporters (no matter your politcal stance) was the zest with which young people embraced the system. They were the change. I believe in voting more than sit ins.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

bored.

is is called Marxism.

We don't have a democracy. We never did and I wouldn't want one. We have a Constitutional Republic. I understand why you say democracy. I used to also. But it isn't true and if you really think about it you should hopefully see why the Consitutional Republic is so much better. But, then you also need to understand that there are things that people think they should get or do just because most people want it. And that isn't how it works. Heck even the electoral college allows for the election of a President without a popular majority. Our civics instructors need to improve their deliver on this point.
And the Rothschilds? Really. I don't agree so I am naively supporting the Rothschilds? That's just weak. Please try harder. If you guys can't handle random internet folk who are up past their bedtime because they have to go to work in the morning how do you expect to even make a little dent in Wall Street?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Arresting 700 plus peaceful protesters, macing defenseless women
after corralling them makes the Libyan government
proud. Hillary and obama are shameful hypocrites.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

ok, on the same page now
And yeah, I agree, many of them might not see that coming. I kinda suspected that some of those protesters have no clue what they are protesting... but that's pretty much been the case at every major protest over history.. there's always a few out there for the free booze/drugs/sex.

What bothers me about all this is that inevitably, they will be used as pawns in a political game and their ideals will be tarnished leading many to be jaded and adding to the overall cynicism.

The problems we are facing are complicated. There are no easy answers, really... I mean, you can't legislate selfishness and greed without stepping on personal rights. The point of protests is to raise public awareness.. not congressional awareness, of course.

Congress already knows the problems at hand.. they caused most of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
So just what is the message?! and who is leading this? I am all for the banksters being buttslammed but I for one have no idea who is leading this. Do you?

The first mention of the movement was on July 13 this year with this blog post from adbusters.org.

Adbusters is an anti-consumerism organization based out of Vancouver, Canada.

From there it exploded across the blogosphere;
wakeupfromyourslumber.com July 16
Permaculturepolitics.blogspot.com July 17
David Icke's website on July 17

As for who leads the movement?

"The antiglobalization movement was the first step on the road. Back then our model was to attack the system like a pack of wolves. There was an alpha male, a wolf who led the pack, and those who followed behind. Now the model has evolved. Today we are one big swarm of people."

— Raimundo Viejo, Pompeu Fabra University
Barcelona, Spain

The beauty of this new formula, and what makes this novel tactic exciting, is its pragmatic simplicity: we talk to each other in various physical gatherings and virtual people's assemblies … we zero in on what our one demand will be, a demand that awakens the imagination and, if achieved, would propel us toward the radical democracy of the future … and then we go out and seize a square of singular symbolic significance and put our asses on the line to make it happen.

The time has come to deploy this emerging stratagem against the greatest corrupter of our democracy: Wall Street, the financial Gomorrah of America.

The single demand is, supposedly, as follows:

The most exciting candidate that we've heard so far is one that gets at the core of why the American political establishment is currently unworthy of being called a democracy: we demand that Barack Obama ordain a Presidential Commission tasked with ending the influence money has over our representatives in Washington. It's time for DEMOCRACY NOT CORPORATOCRACY, we're doomed without it.

I know it's the third page but I hope that explains it for you.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
~

www.youtube.com...
This is the true face of Marxism,
beyond police brutality !,
This makes the Libyan government
look like saints. Obama needs his 'peace prize' revoked asp !

edit on 3/10/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Excellent Question. Who is leading OWS?

In order to avoid following the wolf dressed in sheeps clothing it is utterly important to find out who is really responsible for instigating this entire process. When you get to the 'who' you will also get to the real 'why'. Motive is the total bottom line and of extreme importance. Therefore, I believe we (or rather you, since I am sitting on the other side of the ocean) MUST make work of finding out the 'who'.

If the fact that we as a specie have been programmed by TPTB to accept things (take agressive advertising, religion, lyfestyle, natural laws being limited to 3d perception, ect) then who is it that woke up one day, broke out of the mind numbing shackles, and said, now I am going to make a stand.?

We, the rest of the world, have always seemed to be proceeded by things from the US and therefore, what happens on your shores is of utter importance to us too.

The following is a coppy and paste from what I posted in a previous thread on this topic. Hope I don't get slammed for 'double posting' or some such thing. Please read the link to the ATS page that I included in that post and someone make work of it, if you think it is worthy of your time and energy. FIND THE WHO!!! SO YOU WILL FIND THE WHY.

I, for one, would absolutely LUV that OWS and all the other locations are taking place because we are all totally, horribly fed up and very sincerely hope that there is no NWO behind this. In my hart of hearts I hope for this and desire for it to be all of 'our/your' own making.

On averadge, I am not to shabby at research, but since finding ATS, I realise that I am still very lacking in digging deeper.

So, come on guys! I ask you, nay, I emplore you.....Follow the link find out of there is any value in this guy's research and warning.

Here is the copy and paste:

It was with much excitement and hope that I followed the Occupy Wall Street posts over the past 2 weeks or so. But much to my dismay I came across this ATS thread, that in my view seems plausable. Reading this has evapurated my enthusiasm and made my heart sink.

Perhaps our American brothers and sisters are being lead by the nose from the hotplate into the fire without them realising it. In fact, while being under the impression that they are standing up for themselves and also ultimately the world?

Is the New World Order perhaps behind the OWS?

I urge you all to keep an open mind and objectively ask yourself if this is at all possible:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Hello Links

That's the thing about posting on forums. While I am busy writing a post, someone else has already started answering it!

Thanks for posting, good info. But, just asking, the NWO like logo picture on the top of the 'wake up from your slumber' page, does not make you feel even a tiny bit of.... I donno, maybe unease?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
FIND THE WHO!!! SO YOU WILL FIND THE WHY.

Listen to the people then you'll understand why.
Why are you refusing to admit that people can speak for themselves ?
Are we trained seals in that we cannot function without
a leader ? I'd like to think not;
Individuals banning together in the name of ethics is not a new
concept.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

speaking of the tea parrty dont recall 700 members getting arrested unlike oh say

yesterday who were subsequently released.

they sure do like to make mountains out of mole hills around here

You are right. The Tea Partiers did not get arrested at their rallies, they were the truly peaceful rallies. How come people are always getting arrested at these leftist type protests?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This looked peaceful but then the military state stepped in :
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

bored.

is is called Marxism.

Well, a Marxist govt may use scare tactics, but abolition of private property and class warfare is Marxism.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I am attending the organizational meetings in SLC, UT. We are choosing among ourselves and voting in leaders by popular vote. Simple as that. No agenda, no appointed leaders, just choosing from those that show up and are willing to take leadership roles. Hard to imagine, aye? Attend Occupy (insert your city) here and see for yourselves.

Rules, codes, organizational structure are all coming from local debate in the form of spontaneous communities of young people. The underlying context seems to be "taking back the common spaces for growth of future communities and emerging societies". It's beautiful, actually. The meetings, though heated at times, are remarkably civil and democratic.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I do think most of you are missing the point, and an amazing revolution. People just want to be able to live. Plain and simple. They aren't calling for blood or destruction, just and end to tyranny and indentured servitude. They want the right to eat, sleep, live and love unencumbered by all the enforced rules and laws, taxes and fines...pretty simple.

Some of you should unglue yourselves from your couches and take a look. Its in a city near you, or soon will be.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

How many Americans actually own the homes they live in? Is that Marxism then???

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join