It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Coherent Message and Who Is Leading "Occupy Wallstreet"?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I read a story from forex.com 'The Romper Room Revolution'. It was interesting, and covered some of the ties to who is orchestrating the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations.
I just looked for it and couldn't find it with a search on their website.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

They have bills that need to be paid and are afraid that if change it not made then they will be in a worse situaiton.

Sure some of these are reasons why people aren't protesting. But if they are afraid of being in a worse situation without change then how do they expect that change to come around?

people are afraid of being arrested, going somewhere where its only them and no one else,

Guess they should decide if they are going to be the leader or the follower.

My whole point in this is that the message is unclear. Sure, they finally made some demands or declarations but what step will these protesters take to ensure success? And how will that success be measured? Will peacefully getting arrested turn things around or will it merely increase the cities slush fund?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

* CLEAR LIST OF DEMANDS FOR CONGRESS when we engage in direct action at the Capitol complex

INVESTIGATE, ARREST AND TRY THE WALL STREET CRIMINALS who clearly broke the law and helped cause the 2008 financial crisis in the following notable cases: (insert list of the most clear cut criminal actions). There is a pretty broad consensus that there is a clear group of people who got away with millions / billions illegally and haven't been brought to justice. Boy would this be long overdue and cathartic for millions of Americans. It would also be a shot across the bow for the financial industry. If you watch the solidly researched and awared winning documentary film "Inside Job" that was narrated by Matt Damon (pretty brave Matt!) and do other research, it wouldn't take long to develop the list.

CONGRESS ENACT LEGISLATION TO PROTECT OUR DEMOCRACY BY REVERSING THE EFFECTS OF THE CITIZENS UNITED SUPREME COURT DECISION which essentially said corporations can spend as much as they want on elections and no disclosure is required about who's giving to who. Corporations should be highly limited in ability to contribute to political campaigns no matter what the election and no matter what the form of media. The Supreme Court decision is really weird. Read it when you have a chance. The justices who argued for unlimited corporate contributions without disclosure thought that wouldn't have an adverse effect on democracy and wouldn't undermine the citizen's view of legitimacy of elections. I'm not sure there's a word for that it's so strange.

ACTION ON GLASS-STEAGALL en.wikipedia.org...–Steagall_Act --- Wiki entry summary: The repeal of provisions of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933 by the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act effectively removed the separation that previously existed between investment banking which issued securities and commercial banks which accepted deposits. The deregulation also removed conflict of interest prohibitions between investment bankers serving as officers of commercial banks. Most economists believe this repeal directly contributed to the severity of the Financial crisis of 2007–2011 by allowing Wall Street investment banking firms to gamble with their depositors' money that was held in commercial banks owned or created by the investment firms.

CONGRESS PASS THE BUFFETT RULE ON FAIR TAXATION SO THE RICH AND CORPORATIONS PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE & CLOSE CORPORATE TAX LOOP HOLES INCLUDING PROHIBITION ON HIDING FUNDS OFF SHORE. Pass the Buffet Rule on fair taxation so the rich pay their fair share. (If you really had a good negotiating position and had the place surrounded, you could actually dial up taxes on millionaires, billionaires and corporations even higher. But this would require direct non-violent blockades / action in New York and DC to get the broad public support necessary).

CONGRESS COMPLETELY REVAMP THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION AND STAFF IT AT HIGHEST AND LOWEST LEVELS WITH PROFESSIONALS WHO GET THE JOB DONE PROTECTING THE INTEGRITY OF THE MARKET THEREBY PROTECTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND INVESTORS. Also, this agency needs a large staff and needs to be well-funded.

RE-ESTABLISH THE PUBLIC AIRWAVES IN THE U.S. SO THAT POLITICAL CANDIDATES ARE GIVEN EQUAL TIME FOR FREE AT REASONABLE INTERVALS IN DAILY PROGRAMMING DURING CAMPAIGN SEASON. The same should extend to other media.

CONGRESS ENACT SPECIFIC LAWS THAT EFFECTIVELY BUILD A WALL BETWEEN THE DEFENSE INDUSTRY AND THE U.S. MILITARY. If we're going after corruption and also trying to reduce all the unnecessary wars that are costly in so many ways (most importantly costly in terms of human life on both sides), then this is the GRANDDADDY OF ALL REFORMS. Any of you who have seen the award winning widely popular documentary "Why We Fight" will realize the HUGE impact of this. Here's a snippet of Eisenhower's brave speech.

occupywallst.org...
More:

On the demands ballot now are:

-Eliminating Corporate Rights as Persons: This would revise past Supreme Court decisions giving immortal, sleepless corporations the same rights as we, the not so omnipresent civilians.

-Repeal the Patriot Act: There are several organizations that want the Patriot Act repealed. Most cite Congress’s complete lack of revision of the bill, passing it just 45 days after 9/11.

-Force an Acquisition of the Federal Reserve for $1 billion by the U.S. Congress: I hate the idea of “corporate personhood” but this issue is huge and a big reason why Ron Paul is consistently ignored by mainstream media.
The Constitution, a historic document printed on hemp paper and more recently smeared with doo-doo, states that Congress shall have the power to coin, print, regulate and value money. In fact, the U.S. government has no power to issue or regulate cash money. That is the sole right of The Federal Reserve Bank, a private corporation registered in Delaware. Repeat: A private corporation—not Congress, not the people, not the President—has control over our country’s money.
Actually, a breakdown of the Federal Reserve System shareholders show a large portion of the business is actually foreign owned! And they want to talk about national security issues.
Upon the central bank’s creation in 1913, investors loaned the U.S. $1 billion. The government can buy out of the system for $1 billion. President Kennedy had the idea and signed Executive Order 11110, giving the Treasury power to issue money backed by silver. President Reagan specifically revoked the amendment with E.O. 12608.

-Restructure Political Campaign Finance: We’re talking about the Koch brothers, Americans for Prosperity, American Crossroads and other artfully disingenuous “non-profits” funneling corporate and foreign money into our political system.

-Forgive Student Loan Debt and Reconstruct the Education System: Simple enough, fund education from the apparently endless war coffers. A separate initiative pushes for free education for Kindergarten through college.

www.the-standard.org...

link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
In fact, having no obvious leader helps them evade responsibility. No one has applied for permits and such.

www.maggiesnotebook.com...

No permits greatly improves the chances of violent clashes between protesters and authorities as well.

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I think the Revolution could be hijacked, but that it is real and organic in nature. I feel that students should be forgiven from their student loans. Gone! Merry Christmas!------------

link   
George Soros is leading this,

the people just do not know it yet..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

If the demands are for Congress, what are they doing on Wall Street?

Sad part is that most of these protesters will reelect members of Congress who are willing to do nothing about their demands.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I see Obama becoming the leader of this movement after the unions got involved. He needs massive support for 2012. Once the media covers this like the tea party, you'll know the movement has been hijacked.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Not sure, that info is what I found while searching, but I do like some of the demands.

I don't understand all the animosity towards the protesters from members here. Sure you can label them as leftist losers and such, and say that the tea party had their haters denouncing their movement, so does that make it right to do the same here? Can't we all agree on something about this protest, and focus on that instead of bullying the protesters? Does Wall St need some type of change, or is it all fine and business as usual? If you think so then I agree to disagree and that's okay, but the vitriol and hate, geez? You know many liberals are husbands, wives, mother's fathers, co workers, friends and neighbors, so when people hate on the liberal movement and then include liberal minded people, well wow, thanks for insulting some people that I love and cherish their time in my life.

It reminds me of Beck's "progressivism is a cancer and we should remove it." This makes me feel like I am despised and some people would like to round us up and shoot us. I am liberal and conservative , by the way, depends on the issue. I don't think it is coherent, wise or valuable to be strictly and exclusively one sided on every single issue in the book. Am I wrong about that?
All that is wrong in the world can not be intelligently assigned to a single party, no? More one than the other maybe, but these stances of animosity just don't make sense to me, and I refuse to allow hatred into my heart for those with opposing views, guess that's the liberal in me talking.

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by jam321
I keep reading that people are protesting because they are tired of the greed. Yet, I can't seem to understand why it has taken this long to get tired of the greed. Furthermore, why does the protest have to be organized and scheduled in the first place? IMO, if people were really so upset, they would be on every street in America without a dot com telling them where to show up.

I would also like to know how many of the people who are protesting still have financial accounts with wall street companies and if they are still buying or using products wall street companies sell.

Yep and Starbucks is publicly traded on the exchange too.

Yep and Wall Street funds washington politicos and presses the policy the Tea Party hates, where are they???
edit on 2-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

Probably taking a breather from the last 3 years of protest my friend.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I was concerned yesterday watching the live stream. There was a young man talking and answering questions. I believe his name was Luke.

One question was something along the lines of what you are asking. Basically, what is your goal, what do you hope to achieve with this protest and what are you going to do to achieve it?

His answer? "..... I don't know"

How can you not know?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I see Obama becoming the leader of this movement after the unions got involved. He needs massive support for 2012. Once the media covers this like the tea party, you'll know the movement has been hijacked.

I think it was always Obama and the Unions, and he's keeping his little mitts clean and tidy. He can distance himself like he did with the Tea Parties and just pretend it doesnt exist.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

In fact, having no obvious leader helps them evade responsibility. No one has applied for permits and such.

www.maggiesnotebook.com...

No permits greatly improves the chances of violent clashes between protesters and authorities as well.

I saw vid of one kid getting arrested, with that odd hat on, made me feel bad, while the organizers like Adbusters stay out of the fray. Makes me so mad.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I keep reading that people are protesting because they are tired of the greed. Yet, I can't seem to understand why it has taken this long to get tired of the greed. Furthermore, why does the protest have to be organized and scheduled in the first place? IMO, if people were really so upset, they would be on every street in America without a dot com telling them where to show up.

I would also like to know how many of the people who are protesting still have financial accounts with wall street companies and if they are still buying or using products wall street companies sell.

Yep and Wall Street funds washington politicos and presses the policy the Tea Party hates, where are they???

Well its good, the Occupy party is made up of Democrats, Republicans and Independents who are tired
of it all, people who are interested in freedoms unite!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
WE THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE
NO MORE CORPORATE STATE
NO MORE POLITICAL FUNDING BY CORPORATIONS
NO MORE BANK AND CORPORATE BAILOUTS
NO MORE NWO
WE THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE SPEAK,
GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO LISTEN

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I don't understand all the animosity towards the protesters from members here. Sure you can label them as leftist losers and such, and say that the tea party had their haters denouncing their movement, so does that make it right to do the same here? Can't we all agree on something about this protest, and focus on that instead of bullying the protesters? Does Wall St need some type of change, or is it all fine and business as usual? If you think so then I agree to disagree and that's okay, but the vitriol and hate, geez? You know many liberals are husbands, wives, mother's fathers, co workers, friends and neighbors, so when people hate on the liberal movement and then include liberal minded people, well wow, thanks for insulting some people that I love and cherish their time in my life.

Please go back and read my post. I did not label them nor insult the people you love. I am just pointing out that IMO this protest is a mass confusion with many questions yet to be answered. Simply throwing out declarations is not a guarantee of turning things around.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by butcherguy

I think the Revolution could be hijacked, but that it is real and organic in nature. I feel that students should be forgiven from their student loans. Gone! Merry Christmas!------------

Go ahead you pay for it. Just make out your check to the Federal Reserve

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well its good, the Occupy party is made up of Democrats, Republicans and Independents who are tired
of it all, people who are interested in freedoms unite!

I'm sorry I refuse to support people who expect the govt to forgive their college loans, and who want the govt to tax the rich. It's just Marxist class warfare whether they know it or not. It's too leftist and thats why T Party wont get behind it. It's that simple.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

speaking of the tea parrty dont recall 700 members getting arrested unlike oh say

yesterday who were subsequently released.

they sure do like to make mountains out of mole hills around here

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
NO ONE person can lead a revolution. The revolution happens first in the mind of the people, and the leader simply is the voice of the people.
Right now, there is no coherent message. There probably will not be one for quite a while, but people will still revolt. Unfortunately, the people will fight amongst themselves before the masses recognize the real enemy. But this is where it gets tricky. Often, the enemy is ourselves.
It is no accident that the government hands out money to undeserving people, that is just another way they divide us. They create these divisions so that they can exploit them. They are not fools.

The real problem is this. The moneyed class does not need US. They really don't care if we revolt. They don't care if we bring guns, they will bring BIGGER guns. They LOVE this #. The live for this #, because they don't fight their own battles. They know YOU do.

We have a long way to go because it doesn't start with a "leader", it starts with US. When you are prepared to die to defend something REAL, and you demonstrate that in the streets?
Then, you have a revolution, and a "leader" will appear.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join