It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans and Democrats….Imagine that…?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Some people can’t imagine liberals (democrats) and conservatives (republicans) getting together in a positive way for anything! We have been fighting for so long; to the point where we just don’t seem to know better! Some will never accept change, and will fight against it with every thread of their being! The Powers That Be (TPTB) loves to see us busy fighting amongst one another! It only takes focus away from them!

There are some things I despise when it comes to liberals and conservatives! We can talk down each other until the very end of time, but these issues taking place with our Gov. and Wall Street need to be addressed together! We need to find common ground if we’re going to win this! If we don’t, than the effort will be fruitless!

I suggest we come together and form a coalition containing both sides of the isle. What can we do to make this happen? And in saying so, are you willing to put your indifferences aside to make it happen? Maybe here on ATS, we can setup a forum where we can do just that! I am (like many others) frustrated with all the bickering! It has to stop! I am a republican and am willing to put my foot in first to see this happen! Can YOU do the same? It’s obvious that these immature idiots running our country have no clue how to work together! Do we have to do the same? The choice is up to us! We need not let these people dictate how we should live our lives! Let’s not let these people control us! They are supposed to be working for you and me! Representing you and me! Not the other way around! If possible, let’s NOT turn this thread into a he said/she said thing! Let’s for once work together! Please give your thoughts and ideas. Let’s do this….!

“Destiny….It’s not a matter of chance; it’s a matter of choice”.

The choice is ultimately up to us…!

edit on 2-10-2011 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Destiny....agrees with you. We as a People, can set aside our bickering. Our very Freedom to even do that is at stake.

I extend my Republican hand out to you.........Brother/Sister....

Des

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I say we drop the ridiculious 2/3 party systems and elect independent candidates that have their own views and sense of moral....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What about those of us who dislike both parties?

Second line

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Look up left and right brain functions and you will see the differences in the parties are the differences in us.

One side is logical and factual and allows little intuitive human emotion and the other side is all intuitive, humanity and emotion. What that proves is that each is absolutely essential for creating balance. There should not be the I'm right and you are wrong approach. There should be the "you think this and I think this" you have your reasons as do I.

We are both important...deserve to be respected and to be heard.

When you are pitted against each other as we are in politics this is two hemispheres of the same country fighting against each other. You can't really get anything done. One party spends four years digging a hole and the other party spends their four filling it in again.

Meanwhile who is going to fix the damn roads?

If there isn't a fortune to be made in it (and guess whose pockets it will come out of?) the answer to that is going to be nobody and we will all be falling off bridges. We have to decide what issues are critical and what we can agree to disagree on and place on a back burner for the time being until we make some progress in the critical areas. Disaster relief should be one of those critical areas we agree to fund.

I heard a Republican speaking recently concerning talk of dissolving FEMA..."as bad as things ever were we never held hostage disaster victims" ...until we sorted our differences out.

It is a new climate of inhumanity in Washington.
Wonder who is responsible for that?
I blame that crazy Alaskan chick who single handedly made shooting wolves from helicopters cool. (At least to some warped, insane - now they are the Tea Party - fan base) because after she came on with her hate speech we had people hollering out liar to the President US, shooting congresswomen... How is that working together? That is just plain rude.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican
What about those of us who dislike both parties?

Second line

We do need mediators.....

new topics

top topics

join