It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do our dreams try and tell us things but we do not listen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Last night i had many different dreams as i do each and ever night. I dreamed i was going around and saving people from fire that was falling from the sky. In my dream i saved as many people as i could and brought the people to the nearest church where i met a preacher and his family. I over heard some one say that jesus is not real and the bible is a made up mythological book. I then ignored the person and started speaking to the preacher about what could possibly by happening. The preacher had us all gather around, hold hands and start praying. In the prayer we asked God to save us from this terrible crisis we are going through and all of a sudden we just started to dissappear into thin air. We were all floating up in the sky looking down. The only person who was not floating is the one who said jesus is not real and the bible is a myth. We kept floating for a while and then i just woke up. That is all i remember of the dream. Could this dream mean any thing or is it just another dream like every one has?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't look into it too much. Especially if you believe during your waking hours that those who don't follow religion wont be saved.

Dreams from my experience just seem to be a jumble of thoughts I have had and nothing more. Some of them are really cool, and others lame.

I had a dream I was in a mansion being over run by zombies. They cornered me at two different points in the dream, and I committed suicide and respawned. I don't think my dream is telling me I can respawn though.

That being said I do think that some dreams hold important messages. But I dont think it is the dream trying to tell you something.
edit on 2-10-2011 by DaveWx3 because: Last two sentences.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

I have had dreams about zombies too haha but its always something like im the one the zombies fear or i am the one sitting on the roof and just gunning them down one by one.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

dont listen to these snakes^^ they are feeding you deceit. God speaks to you through dreams and we spend a third of our lives dreaming. We learn a lot from dreams so don't let anyone tell you that nothing can be learned from dreams.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
reply to post by demonologist842012

dont listen to these snakes^^ they are feeding you deceit. God speaks to you through dreams and we spend a third of our lives dreaming. We learn a lot from dreams so don't let anyone tell you that nothing can be learned from dreams.

I am a snake?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Not listening to dreams wouldn't be the only issue, it would be not being able to remember such dreams. There are tips on how to better retain the memory of them, but they don't help everyone who tries. The judgmental childish name caller on this thread would be singing a different tune if your dream concerned salvation through belief in Allah or Horus or simply being a good person.
Dimethyltryptamine ('___') is a psychedelic tryptamine responsible for dreams & it floods the brain when you die. Scientists/doctors have their own theories on this last-minute function. As do plenty of other people. I believe the pineal gland and '___' have a part in a transition or process that is beyond death of the physical body. In no way do I think it ties into the Bible, though.
I definitely suggest checking out the topic on YouTube! '___' can be found everywhere in nature although is illegal courtesy of he powers that be. YouTube "Terrence McKenna '___'" and "Joe Rogan '___'" if you wanna blow your mind!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If we can connect what happens in the dream with the context in our waking life, we can learn things. It's all in interpreting the symbolism, since dreams are almost never literal. You've just got to pay close attention to what happens.

Many years back I had a disaster/end of world dream where a lady friend of mine was "left behind", and I spent most of the dream in a fruitless quest to find/rescue her. This was a girl I'd been after for some time but never had it in my head to give up. Then I have this dream with symbols such as "tickets" and "train stations", and came to realize that it was a way of my subconscious mind telling me, "Don't be an idiot - it's over. I know it sucks, but you've gotta move on with your life and stop worrying."

It's really easy to miss the "message" of our dreams, not only because we barely remember them, but because what we do recall is often brushed aside as garbled nonsense. But if it has some emotional significance to events in our waking life, it's time to listen up.

top topics

join